PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Just going to try the 64 bit version. It certainly looks the part.
Is there a zip or rar file with all the presets in? Or do I have to download them one at a time from dropbox?
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Couple of notes:

- The display font is temporary. The blue font you saw on all the screenshots turned out to be unsuitable because D and 0 and B and 8 couldnt be distinguished. Martin has therefore used one he made himself for now.

- The membrane buttons are currently one pixelrow too high. I have already informed Martin about this and im sure it will be corrected shortly.

- The LEDs need more work. They work well for the darker background but they definitely stink on the brighter background. I will have to adapt that.

(I havent see the skin 'in action' myself until Martin posted the new DLL.)

thanks martin! :clap: :love:

Thanks for the new version. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

OutCider wrote:Just going to try the 64 bit version. It certainly looks the part.
    Is there a zip or rar file with all the presets in? Or do I have to download them one at a time from dropbox?
    you can download all the contents of a folder as a zip
    there's a drop-down arrow in all dropbox folder that allow you
    to download the contents as a zip
    or save to your dropbox account.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Must have missed it, thanks for that :tu:
    :hihi:
    Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
    :dog: :hihi: :lol:

martin_l wrote:
    DrewDale wrote:Hmmm. Only able to load 32 patches, rotating banks doesn't work no more. :(
    which system and which host?
    Never mind, i was trying to upload 2 x 32 banks of pg8x files when they are already written as 1 - 32 and not 1-32 / 33 - 64. :oops:
    :tu: All is good

Possible bug:

when pressing RANDOM to get a random patch, VCA level always goes to 100%. I agree that it shouldn't randomize VCA level, but it should keep it at the current value, rather than always bumping it up to 100%.

EvilDragon wrote:Possible bug:

when pressing RANDOM to get a random patch, VCA level always goes to 100%. I agree that it shouldn't randomize VCA level, but it should keep it at the current value, rather than always bumping it up to 100%.
    It was not a bug, but intended this way. but you have a good point. I will take the VCA level out of the randomization.

Cheers,
    Martin

Thanks! :)

OutCider wrote:Just going to try the 64 bit version.
    There's a x64 version..?

I can't find it here... http://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0

Where is it hiding?

Andywanders wrote:
    There's a x64 version..?

Where is it hiding?
    At the moment, the new versions (PC and MAC VST 32/64) of the PG8X are in beta. The link was posted some posts earlier.

Once the beta is bug free, I will replace the original web page with the new version.

Martin

martin_l wrote:
    Andywanders wrote:
    There's a x64 version..?

Where is it hiding?
    At the moment, the new versions (PC and MAC VST 32/64) of the PG8X are in beta. The link was posted some posts earlier.

Once the beta is bug free, I will replace the original web page with the new version.

Martin
    Noted, and thank you sir.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

:tu:

Well, just had a quick play with this (Mac VST) and I *really* like it.

Sounds great, and the gui is really nice too, perfect size for me, will definitely play this one a bunch I think...

It would be a nice project to get the JX10 presets into a dual PG8X + FX form in, eg something like Logic with track stacks, or Live racks or something.

updated my two soundbanks into one set of 64 patches, these load from patch #1 - #64 and are in both PG8X and Sysex file format, a pdf listing the patches is also included in the zip.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgg4ln2lgzuow ... k.zip?dl=0
    :tu: All is good

Return to “Instruments”