Wagsrfm Releases Soundware For Z3ta+2 And The Mangle

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been a busy week at Wagsrfm.

Just released two sound libraries. One for Cakewalk Z3ta+2 (250 PATCHES) and one for Sound Guru's The Mangle (350 PATCHES).

Both on sale for almost 50% off for a limited time.

You can check them both out as well as my other sound libraries at my main site HERE

** NOTE ** You need version 0.9b of The Mangle for this library to work. It is the most current version so there shouldn't be a problem unless you were a beta tester like myself and never got a newer version after the first couple. I counted 3 versions total from the first beta to the current version so please check your version before buying.
Last edited by wagtunes on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does that mean that there's a new version of The Mangle out, or did you release your sound set in anticipation of that?

jeremydb wrote:Does that mean that there's a new version of The Mangle out, or did you release your sound set in anticipation of that?
The soundset page has a notice on it that you need the version that stores the audio files internally. Whether or not it's been officially released, I don't know. You'll need to check your software or contact the developer.

Well, since you are presumably a registered user of The Mangle, you ought to know that there's been no official release of anything recently. So you should probably adjust your marketing text to note that the version which works with your patches isn't actually available yet. Claiming ignorance in order to sell your stuff now without waiting for The Mangle's developer to get around to a release is kind of silly IMO. And a great way to end up with annoyed and disappointed customers. Anyway, good luck.

jeremydb wrote:Well, since you are presumably a registered user of The Mangle, you ought to know that there's been no official release of anything recently. So you should probably adjust your marketing text to note that the version which works with your patches isn't actually available yet. Claiming ignorance in order to sell your stuff now without waiting for The Mangle's developer to get around to a release is kind of silly IMO. And a great way to end up with annoyed and disappointed customers. Anyway, good luck.
I honestly don't know which version comes with the current download. I have the most recent. I've tried contacting Tom but haven't heard back from him. Once I do, and know for certain, I will post the appropriate notice. If you look at the sales page, my warning is in big bold lettering so nobody should be, as you say, disappointed. I clearly state that you need the version that internally stores files. It is not my responsibility to check each user's software for them.

And so far, there has only been one purchased, so as I pretty much suspected, most people probably don't have the most recent version.

My guess, at this point, since it's been over a month since I've heard from Tom, who I personally helped test the software, that he's probably put it on hold for the time being. But that's only an assumption. Until I hear from him, I won't know anything for certain.

And if I have any disappointed buyers, again, if you read my sales page, I offer full refunds for up to 30 days. So there is no risk. If it doesn't work, you simply return it.

I could include the audio files with the download, but then that just makes the whole process more complicated. The buyer would then have to make sure they were placed in just the right path or the software would still not work.

Personally, I took a chance making a sound set for this product. I really thought the designer would follow through on it in a timely manner. I'm not used to buying software that ends up getting abandoned. This would be my first if that turns out to be the case.

In the future, instead of jumping on brand new products, I will only create soundware for established products. That way I don't have to worry about having to make explanations like these.

** EDIT ** Please read this sales page.

http://wagsrfm.com/mangle/

I could not make it any bolder or clearer.

There is no excuse for anybody to be disappointed. It's all clear and at the top of the page.

wagtunes wrote:
jeremydb wrote:Well, since you are presumably a registered user of The Mangle, you ought to know that there's been no official release of anything recently. So you should probably adjust your marketing text to note that the version which works with your patches isn't actually available yet. Claiming ignorance in order to sell your stuff now without waiting for The Mangle's developer to get around to a release is kind of silly IMO. And a great way to end up with annoyed and disappointed customers. Anyway, good luck.
I honestly don't know which version comes with the current download. I have the most recent. I've tried contacting Tom but haven't heard back from him. Once I do, and know for certain, I will post the appropriate notice. If you look at the sales page, my warning is in big bold lettering so nobody should be, as you say, disappointed. I clearly state that you need the version that internally stores files. It is not my responsibility to check each user's software for them.

And so far, there has only been one purchased, so as I pretty much suspected, most people probably don't have the most recent version.
I guess that was me, and I just came here to ask where do I put them as there weren't any instructions. I don't recall seeing that message up when I bought them either but checking my email it looks like I have the right version anyway (0.9b) which added:

- New feature: Embed audio in preset files (for sharing presets more easily).

afaik anyone who has bought this should have been sent the latest beta.

update - worked out where to put them (on Mac at least) - should go in Library/Application Support/Sound Guru
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeremydb wrote:Well, since you are presumably a registered user of The Mangle, you ought to know that there's been no official release of anything recently. So you should probably adjust your marketing text to note that the version which works with your patches isn't actually available yet.
That doesn't seem to be the case, I have just tested these and they work with the last version I was sent, I'm not a beta tester, just someone who bought it early as a pre release, so I presume I have the same version that was sent out to anyone who bought it as a pre release (0.9b). I would suggest changing the text just to state that 0.9b is required as a minimum - it's a bit confusing to imply there are 2 versions, there is only one, you just need the latest (as is often the case with new expansions).

aMUSEd wrote:
jeremydb wrote:Well, since you are presumably a registered user of The Mangle, you ought to know that there's been no official release of anything recently. So you should probably adjust your marketing text to note that the version which works with your patches isn't actually available yet.
That doesn't seem to be the case, I have just tested these and they work with the last version I was sent, I'm not a beta tester, just someone who bought it early as a pre release, so I presume I have the same version that was sent out to anyone who bought it as a pre release (0.9b). I would suggest changing the text just to state that 0.9b is required as a minimum - it's a bit confusing to imply there are 2 versions, there is only one, you just need the latest (as is often the case with new expansions).
Thanks for updating me on this. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard from Tom (have no idea what's going on with him) but I will update the sales page accordingly.

Glad you got the location worked out where to store the presets. In actuality, since the audio is embedded, you could load those presets from anywhere. I have them in my documents folder which is nowhere near where the Mangle is installed.

wagtunes wrote: Glad you got the location worked out where to store the presets. In actuality, since the audio is embedded, you could load those presets from anywhere.
In principle yes, but in practice most people would want them to appear in the Mangle preset menu, not just have to load them using the load function. So they need to go alongside the Factory patches ideally (which means finding out where they are, which is what I did).

btw now I have a decent number of patches the lack of arrow buttons to scroll through them efficiently is bothering me.

aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Glad you got the location worked out where to store the presets. In actuality, since the audio is embedded, you could load those presets from anywhere.
In principle yes, but in practice most people would want them to appear in the Mangle preset menu, not just have to load them using the load function. So they need to go alongside the Factory patches ideally (which means finding out where they are, which is what I did).

btw now I have a decent number of patches the lack of arrow buttons to scroll through them efficiently is bothering me.
There is no question this can be improved. I just hope Tom is okay. It is not like him not to get back to me as we've been working together on this for several months now.

Return to “Soundware”