female voice sample collection (or plugin...)...?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need some high quality singing samples. I have some sample collections (e.g. Spectrasonics Vocal Planet, Mutekki, etc..) but they are not quite what i am searching for. What I am looking for is:

- pure, dry single female voice (no church reverbs, as dry as possible). With no vocals, with no "pitch playing". Only a woman singing "aaaaaa". Maybe in the beginning of the sample there is a slight pitch bend from lower freq to the note but after that the singing is constant "aaaaa" for at least 5-10 seconds.
- many different female voices. I would have in the same folder lets say at least 20 different females singing the exact same thing (preferably much more) as WAV or AIFF files. Of every female I would have them singing the precisely same thing in each note of their vocal range.
- "aaaa" is most important but it is nice if there is also other wovels like "eeeee" and "ooooo"
- I would prefer a pure WAV/AIFF collection. I dont like Kontakt but I could maybe deal with it if nothing else is available. I would like to avoid other sample player plugins if possible.

Most of the sample collections that I have encountered that have these wovel sounds dont have that many different solo singers and all of them are recorded in church which is far away from being dry.

- if you know the plugin Delay Lama. I want the same thing but as real singed samples and as female voice.

Any good ideas...?

There's also Realivox Blue. Only one voice but it does a lot more than just ooh and aah.

I don't think that quite exists, but you know, I could do this given enough time. I record one singer or another pretty much every month. I could tack a bit of sampling onto every recording session - figure out what their range is and ask them to sing "aaaaa" maybe not for every note, but at least every minor third. In a year, I won't end up with 20, but probably at least 5-6.

I recorded three different singers in April because I had some time off work, too bad I didn't think of this earlier.

Aaarmy Of Aaaaaaa. I like that...

camelaudio dream voices perhaps?

you find it from time to time here on sale for about 20-25 bucks...

4 different ladies.

I have a pack featuring just the one singer ... aaah, eeee, mmmm and oh's are sampled across her entire range, plus a load of improvisations. The pack was designed for Ableton's Sampler instrument, but includes all the samples as 24bit WAVs.

http://www.thecontrolcentre.com/marnietron.htm

I wish I could be more helpful than saying "It exists", but sadly I cannot.

Maybe with some careful googling you can find this NI library I found by a small time dev that had a fairly extensive sample of a female voice from multiple different singers. It had good control to it too. I use to have it bookmarked because I wanted to try it out, but I eventually decided I wasn't interested and removed it from my book marks...BUT I KNOW IT EXISTS! I remember the UI was a little cheesy with what looked like hand-drawn art of each of the different singers...it had a lot of red in it's UI....god, I wish I could remember what it was called. I'll try to do a little googling and see if I can't find it again, but until then, sorry I couldn't be more help...

You could also try getting a lot of UTAU voice banks to sing just basic vowels for you and resample those.

ntom wrote:I remember the UI was a little cheesy with what looked like hand-drawn art . . .
You mean like this?

That was version 1 of Realivox Ladies. And "cheesy," you say??? Why, I've never been so offended! :D

Seriously, a *lot* of people didn't like the artwork, so we changed it in our new release:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WcWFpUbVxo
ntom wrote:I use to have it bookmarked because I wanted to try it out, but ...
How about if we do this - To anyone reading this thread, buy the Ladies (or any of our products for that matter) and I'll give you 30 days to ask for a full refund. You don't even have to give me a reason. This is the closest to "try before you buy" that we can do.

- Mike

You can't go wrong with Realivox Ladies. It will do what you are asking so well that everyone will assume that the singers are real. And some of us liked the old anime artwork.
EDIT: But love the new look, Mike!

Have you looked into Angelic Vocal Pads from Precisionsound?

Professional Virtual Instruments since 2013
----
http://www.hephaestus-sounds.com

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”