Current price $49
Converted by Share-It at a rate of 1.378 $/£ = £35.56
Plus 20% VAT (in the UK) = £42.67

Current price $49
Converted using the FT.com rate of 1.519 $/£ = £32.26
Plus 20% VAT (in the UK) = £38.71

So, a 10% surcharge from Share-It.

------------------------------------------
I must stress that this is absolutely not Dimitri's problem or fault, but it is not a cool practice by Share-It.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Tried the demo in Studio One 2 on Win7 x32.

Really really cool graphics, Dmitry. Please do Diversion a big favour and update it's GUI.

Put some audio through it and sounds great. But it's such a CPU hog (20-30% with all effects engaged and 7% with nothing enabled) compared to Camel Audio or Sugar Bytes stuff (1-6% with all stuff engaged). I also get lots and lots of CPU spikes in S1.

Also, -24dB for the master Volume is not enough. And LOFI Bit showing percents is weird.

I was thinking similar last night as I stared at Diversion from my bed to stretch my back for a minute. Diversion would would look stunning skinned with a bit more color and more contrast on the knobs (and the indicator/position dots on them). I love it, as it is, but would gravitate towards more contrast/saturation and more color in general if it were available. I still think it looks classy and unified as is though.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

DarkStar wrote:Back to Share-it's price calculation :(
[...]
So, a 10% surcharge from Share-It.

------------------------------------------
I must stress that this is absolutely not Dimitri's problem or fault, but it is not a cool practice by Share-It.
You can select the currency it should be billed in (at least I could). Just choose USD and let your CC company screw you instead. :P

FWIW, you'll never get the current spot rate as a consumer. Around 5% would probably be normal.

Usually your CC company gives you a better exchange rate than these online retailers, if only because they're more current, so it's best set to the currency that the original vendor advertized, but I always check through the most common currencies just in case.

^^^
Ah ha, that's better - $49 plus 20% VAT = $58.80. Then PayPal shows it as £39.98 (using a rate of 1.47 US$/ GB£
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

e@rs wrote:Tried the demo in Studio One 2 on Win7 x32.

Really really cool graphics, Dmitry. Please do Diversion a big favour and update it's GUI.

Put some audio through it and sounds great. But it's such a CPU hog (20-30% with all effects engaged and 7% with nothing enabled) compared to Camel Audio or Sugar Bytes stuff (1-6% with all stuff engaged). I also get lots and lots of CPU spikes in S1.

Also, -24dB for the master Volume is not enough. And LOFI Bit showing percents is weird.
I'd like to see how it is on my computer (win7 x64). Can we take a patch from the library and see how much CPU it will use? It's hard to compare otherwise. Granted, i rarely look at my cpu meter these days. Not because my computer is considered fast these days (i5 2500K i think) but mainly because i don't use many effects or synths and when i do, i usually bounce for some paranoid reason :D I haven't thought of Tantra to be a CPU hog though. I've had it on every track and didn't notice any dropouts at least.
:hug:

20-30% CPU is very strange. Tantra is highly optimized, with all modules turned on, at the maximum load, it consumes 13-15% CPU on 2011 laptops, powerful enough but far from top ones. Macbooks/laptops with modern i7 CPUs run it with around 8-10%. So it just can't be a CPU hog. But for sure I'll double check Studio One.
Last edited by sches on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

double post, sorry

I Tried Tantra and I have to say that I’m impressed by the sound, possibilities and the gui!
Unfortunately I get relatively high CPU usage and nasty peaks in Cubase 7.5 and Cubase 8 – especially when I automate some knobs. Maybe I did something wrong?
Windows 7 / CPU: Intel i7 4x 3,4 GHz / RAM 32 GB
Watch the behavior here:
https://app.box.com/s/ensdfiihrggq0e0gzgbrihl5l0huz7zx

I've found pretty consistently on my iMac i7 that running Tantra only adds about 10% to the CPU reading in Live 9. If I run just an instrument it is X%, adding Tantra fully turned on it becomes X+10%......Not a problem

Crackbaby wrote:
e@rs wrote:I'd like to see how it is on my computer (win7 x64). Can we take a patch from the library and see how much CPU it will use? It's hard to compare otherwise.
Sure, I'll pick one that uses a lot of CPU and report back.

sches wrote:20-30% CPU is very strange. Tantra is highly optimized, with all modules turned on, at the maximum load, it consumes 13-15% CPU on 2011 laptops, powerful enough but far from top ones. Macbooks/laptops with modern i7 CPUs run it with around 8-10%. So it just can't be a CPU hog. But for sure I'll double check Studio One.
I only got a 2008 C2D E6750 @ 2.66 GHz with 2GB of RAM. But, as I said above, those are more than enough for Camel and Sugar stuff. So I was quite surprised with Tantra.

Set A:
GL Stutter 30%
PAD Fireworks 27%

Set B:
DIST Paranoia 22%
FLT Snowstorm 30%

Set C:
DRM BreakIt 30%
LOFI Spooks 33%

Set D:
SEQ Origin 21%
SFX Mr Crush 19%

Also tried Tantra in Live 9. Almost the same figures (-3% each).

e@rs wrote:
sches wrote:20-30% CPU is very strange. Tantra is highly optimized, with all modules turned on, at the maximum load, it consumes 13-15% CPU on 2011 laptops, powerful enough but far from top ones. Macbooks/laptops with modern i7 CPUs run it with around 8-10%. So it just can't be a CPU hog. But for sure I'll double check Studio One.
I only got a 2008 C2D E6750 @ 2.66 GHz with 2GB of RAM. But, as I said above, those are more than enough for Camel and Sugar stuff. So I was quite surprised with Tantra.
Well, Camel Audios tools are probably from the era when your computer was hot. Core Duos and other CPUs from that era are no longer up to par with plugins that are optimized for todays machines in my experience. I had for instance problems with Diva and the like, since u-he makes good use of the new vector math units of the i5/i7 range.
Once I updated to an i7, I got speedups way above what the pure CPU rate improvement would suggest. From being hardly able to play 3 notes to something like 40 or 50 notes with Diva.
At one point it really makes sense to go for a new machine (if possible of course).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Totally agree with Camel plugins age (and the fact that eventually I have to upgrade the system), but Sugar Bytes latest stuff run with very low CPU. And almost all the tools I need are happy with my machine power. There are a few that aren't, but nothing so unique that I need to change my system right now.

Return to “Effects”