FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

I found that most of FL is still there in v 12 just moved around (if you right click in VST (generator or effects and click add to favorites it puts it in the VST picker or window like v 11). However I think I liked the traditional menu better (more...fast scan...check) just seemed easier when adding more than one VST at a time. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me.

Starting with FL v 11 and FL v 12 it seems like Image-line is moving away from some of the things that made it one of the most versatile and unique DAWs. Like Dx and DXi plugins that don't show in any menu unless you make them as a preset in 10 or earlier (have tried DX in 12 yet). I use Sonar and they worked well together because I could read in DXi plugins in the arrangement. Yes I use 2 DAWs, one for recording live vocals, guitar and so on, and FL to do the arrangements in (strings, synths, drums...) and usually I do the whole mixdown in FL but not always. I know strange right but it is what I am use to.

FL also seems to have moved away from the pitch on the sequence buttons in the sequence rack (where the gray and reddish buttons are, menu would allow a pull down piano keyboard for pitch) so now when you step write you have to be in piano roll. No biggie but still a major change when you are use to it being there. You may have just changed the window to get it but I haven't found it yet. If you did away with this feature please put it back, I write a lot in step write. If you didn't do away with it please tell me where it is at or where to find the info (I tried on Image-lines forum and didn't find it but maybe I missed something, if I did I apologize).

Over all love the new look and features and the plugins but really am missing some of the old features. FL even read in Rebirth files (don't know if 11 and 12 still do, I haven't tried). Nice feature for old relics like me.

Now I read the post on KVR and realize that most of you are real pros and seem to be into workflow and programing and so on (way beyond me)...I am just a simple musician and like simple things that work and FL seemed to work great and still does but I hope that Image-line doesn't move away from the things that set them apart from other programs or try to be a Reason (great program but FL has always worked better for me for the price) or Sonar.

Just my 2 cents and IMHO and I am probably in the minority.

ART

Awesome All Around ... but no Buzz Adapters, even in 32 bit... :(

vibelizard wrote:Like Dx and DXi plugins that don't show in any menu unless you make them as a preset in 10 or earlier (have tried DX in 12 yet).
DirectX plugins are dead. Most if not all of them have a VST version and there are also no 64bit ones that I know. They also caused the plugin scan to freeze for some people, so it just didn't seem worth it to keep them in the list.

Regnas wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:It's still there....
Nope.

Sorry if I was not clear. But I'm talking about vst plugins.
In FL 11 we have the "more..." option in the context menu, which opens that window where you can choose the plugins that will appear in the context menu... it was very helpful imho.... now it only shows IL plugins and that's bad.

Why did IL removed such great feature? I can't understand....
no...its still there, but its hard to find, been majorly gimped, and doesnt work very well.

if you go to options - file settings - click deep/slow scan then refresh plugins...a new window will open, select verify plugins and do the scan

wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait
wait

keep waiting

wait some more

when its finally done...you can now click the boxes like you used to do.

except doing it this way will put everything you click in both the synth AND effects lists, and it might not even find all your plugins.

also...it still might not work at all. doing it this way doesnt add them to my list. if i dont check verify plugins the scan is super fast and clicking the boxes puts them on the list...but it misses like half the plugins.

youre just gonna have to bite the bullet and spend however long it takes to individually right click and select add to favorites.

fun times.
ImageImageImage

Regnas wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:It's still there....
Nope.

Sorry if I was not clear. But I'm talking about vst plugins.
In FL 11 we have the "more..." option in the context menu, which opens that window where you can choose the plugins that will appear in the context menu... it was very helpful imho.... now it only shows IL plugins and that's bad.

Why did IL removed such great feature? I can't understand....
+1 .... unless I'm missing something! :?

I'd be 100% happy if I could drag & drop my plugin folder to browser window like I can D&D my sample folder and pick my plugins from there. Simple thing done difficult in FL (amongst many other things).

Debutante wrote:Awesome All Around ... but no Buzz Adapters, even in 32 bit... :(
If you still have FL11 or another FL version installed,
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11\Plugins\Fruity\Generators
copy the Buzz Generator Adapter folder and then paste it into;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12\Plugins\Fruity\Generators

then do a quick scan for new plugins, and add as favourite from the browser.

And probably safer to assume there is no support for it now.

If you don't have an older version, you can get one from Image-Line, though I forget where - possibly in your IL account.

I can't believe, there are people seriously complaining about the plugin handling.

It took me a few minutes to understand it and setup my personal list, and now everything is better than it ever was.
No unnecessary legacy-plugins in the list anymore, and everything well sorted in my own cathegories.

Also the setup of the cathegories was very easy and staright forward, since you can just do it in you Windows-Browser.

vibelizard wrote:FL also seems to have moved away from the pitch on the sequence buttons in the sequence rack (where the gray and reddish buttons are, menu would allow a pull down piano keyboard for pitch) so now when you step write you have to be in piano roll. No biggie but still a major change when you are use to it being there. You may have just changed the window to get it but I haven't found it yet. If you did away with this feature please put it back, I write a lot in step write. If you didn't do away with it please tell me where it is at or where to find the info (I tried on Image-lines forum and didn't find it but maybe I missed something, if I did I apologize).
I totally agree.
I used the pitch and note-velocity features of the Step Sequencer in almost every track. I think, it's not a good idea to remove those handy features completely.
Having to use the Pianoroll for this now, makes Drum-Patterns less clear and a bit slower to edit.

+1

We want this back...
C'mon..

And yes, FL is losing the fast workflow that one day was famous of...... :(

Regnas wrote:We want this back...
C'mon..

And yes, FL is losing the fast workflow that one day was famous of...... :(
LOL, I tend to agree. After spending a lot of time trying to sort the mess out (omg, all those Waves plugins!) that new way of managing plugins creates, I would be happy to continue with how it was before.
No signature here!

memyselfandus wrote:the gui looks amazing
On some places the GUI is pretty retarded. Like in the mixer where there is no clear visual separation between mixer tracks. Also the flat look tends to suck generally as it often lacks proper visual cues between interface elements that have primary and secondary interface. Overall it's like designed by Mattel.
No signature here!

The GUI is amazing and the workflow is faster than it ever was. I guess you can never please everybody.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”