SoundToys Microshift and ILOK 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_dada_ wrote:My point is: if Pace is forced to change their current system ( Eden ),
they will fvck up again, as they always do ...
( happened when the previous system got cräcked )

Jan
I see you have not the slightest knowledge what happened two years ago still you dare to come in here and talking b*ullshit.

PACE had some issues lanching its new desktop-based license manager software and they sort this mess out. The other thing was a russian user who sold illegitimate duplicate licenses of plugins.

What cracked?

Now keep up blaming yourself or move on.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
_dada_ wrote:My point is: if Pace is forced to change their current system ( Eden ),
they will fvck up again, as they always do ...
( happened when the previous system got cräcked )

Jan
I see you have not the slightest knowledge what happened two years ago still you dare to come in here and talking b*ullshit.

PACE had some issues lanching its new desktop-based license manager software and they sort this mess out. The other thing was a russian user who sold illegitimate duplicate licenses of plugins.

What cracked?

Now keep up blaming yourself or move on.
OK, I keep blaming myself ... ( german "blamieren" = disgrace oneself, make a fool out of Yourself )
8)

You have to go back further. About 5/6 years ago. They had to come up with a
new system, as the previous had been cräcked.
So they developed "Eden", which was overly complex and buggy as hell for the first years,
causing extreme delays in development.
( Slate' VCC1 is a very good example with nearly one year, as is Kush UBK1 64bit with about 6 month)
Eden also caused severe compatibility issues ( killing old system licenses, etc. ) and more ...
This finally made many bigger plugin companies abandon Pace ( Waves, PSP, etc. )

Finally ... regarding my knowledge :
Just do a search over at Gearslutz for my posts in that 100+ pages Pace Server Disaster thread.
You may learn something.
:tu:

... and regarding Your knowledge :
There where many more users affected, in that Pace_created_illegal_licenses fiasco.
Licenses where withdrawn even from a user, who didn't actually buy any of the illegal licenses.
:clap:

Jan

Pace messed up, every company messes up with their servers and software. The real problem is that when Pace and ilok have a problem for a few days you get lots that never even use ilok going on the forums and claiming ilok breaks every month.

I remember when the new Ilok manager came out about two years ago it was a big change for ilok a new way of doing things. lots who said they were working for clients with the ilok protected software decided to try out the new manager on the first day it went live. Then they complained their licences had gone and they were going to loose money and blamed ilok.

I only update pace driver and manager when I need to install a new licence, that's the only time you need to and allows one to avoid any buggy servers or software. That has kept me from any ilok problems for four years. Those that bought duplicated ilok licences need to take it up with the people who sold them to them illegally.

5-6 years? The new system is just something over 4 years old by now.
I know that there were different problems thats when i wrote "had some issues". To be fair everything worked two weeks later.
Also i know the 100+ thread over there but it's about the Ilokalypse two years ago. Any other monster thread i missed?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Please someone help me break my iLok, it just keeps on working as it should and that's very boring.

Funny, it always works for me ( a million years of using it)

Kaboom75 wrote:Pace messed up, every company messes up with their servers and software.
So there are no differences ?!
So You say, there are no differences between Crysonic and ... say ... Voxengo or PSP ...
Really ??
:o
Kaboom75 wrote:I remember when the new Ilok manager came out about two years ago it was a big change for ilok a new way of doing things. lots who said they were working for clients with the ilok protected software decided to try out the new manager on the first day it went live. Then they complained their licences had gone and they were going to loose money and blamed ilok.
Good recommendation !
Does not work with Pace ...
- Pace does not inform all users when they do severe changes.
Pace did not warn users, even one week after they knew that the system was broken !!
- Promotions. They are time limited and force users to install Pace.
At the iLokalypse there was a time limited sale of ( at least ) Softube,
which ended days before Pace got close to fixing the server problems.
( Again : no warnings when downloading/installing ILM )
- Updates. There are updates that need to be installed, to get Your new plugin working.
Installing that update forcefully installs a Pace update, most of the time.
And most of the time the users are not even informed about the Pace update,
during the installation !
- License Transfers. Not easily 'delayable' by half a year or more.
And DRUMROLL :
- The defenders. Every time Pace messes up, there are countless users feeling the urge to defend them.
Thus creating the (wrong) impression, that Pace is a reliable, trustworthy company.
Kaboom75 wrote:Those that bought duplicated ilok licences need to take it up with the people who sold them to them illegally.
On first glance, that seems correct.
Actually it's not. Those that sold the licenses did in fact sell their legal license.
That were the only licenses they could sell !
When Paces tried to correct their mess, they took away those legal licenses from honest people, instead of taking the illegal licenses from dishonest people !
... and they didn't refund the licens transfer fees !

Jan

Sampleconstruct wrote:Please someone help me break my iLok, it just keeps on working as it should and that's very boring.
Maybe these could help:

SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Or this:

murnau wrote:Any other monster thread i missed?
I can recommend the 'Pace Apology' thread at GS.
Showing Pace' complete incompetence in customer relations.
Also, the VCC1 thread is a good example of how incompetent and slow Pace is.
When Steven decided to go with the completely new Pace Eden,
I told him, that this will delay the final release of VCC1 by one year.
Sadly for those, having payed for the beta and not able to use it, I was right.
There are others ...
- AFAIR there's one about Pace having problems with the system time,
disabling all Waves plugins for many users.
- There should be threads about the compatibility issue with Aladdin, disabling Melodyne, when installing Aladdin protected software. ( Probably not on GS )
- Don't know if there are threads about the compatibility fiasco,
when Pace took one year to fix a compatibility problem with other plugins,
that simply killed those other plugins.
And then, half a year after the fix, broke it again !
- There should be threads concerning the complete, years lasting, lack of 'protection' on PCs.
- Probably no thread about the Antares/Waves fiasco. Where users had to decide, whether they want to use Waves orAntares (Autotune) plugins, for three (!) weeks.
( yep, that was very long ago )

Jan

murnau wrote:Or this:
:D
That should do the trick !!

Toi toi toi ... dongles never broke, here !

Jan

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forget about iLok. C/R systems are real evil...
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Ranjarresh wrote:Forget about iLok. C/R systems are real evil...
True. My nightmare scenario would be not being able to authenticate a plugin because a company has gone bust and all their servers are offline.

ontol wrote:I heard Pace once found a bus full of nuns and orphans and ate them alive. And charged a transfer fee for it too!
Well, that's true ... but they never came near my house ... so they must be fine people, nevertheless !
:tu:

Jan

Return to “Effects”