Martin Gore

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next week Martin Gore's (a guy from Essex for those who didn't know) new solo LP will come out. It's an instrumental (so don't worry about the accent) electronic music double LP.

And..no. It's not another VCMG dance thing. It's a soundtrack for daydreams.

Not that it's important (for the music)...but as a gear-geek as I'm it would be fun to know what synthesizers and, eventually, VSTi he used for this album.

If anyone have any info on this? :-)

Oh, the album is simply called....MG :-)

Take a listen on Europa Hymn fron the album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaxxCHQ6_Kc

sfd wrote:(a guy from Essex for those who didn't know)
Think he has moved out to California by now :wink:
sfd wrote:It's not another VCMG dance thing. It's a soundtrack for daydreams.
Gonna be an interesting listen. The VCMG disc was really good

He is sorted for patch-cords for sure!

But why does he dress like a Marvel super-villian?

He still do that?

Well, isn't he very much about this 70s glam-rock thing?

It's stated that this LP is more of the style of Logic Station, Vangelis etc. And not so much modern techno. So it'll be really interesting to hear it.

‘MG’ is a soundtrack to an emotional and mysterious film of your own design. “I wanted to keep the music very electronic, very filmic and give it an almost sci-fi like quality”. From the Angelo Badalmenti – like atmosphere of ‘Elk’ to the industrial electro swagger of ‘Brink’, it landscapes a unique and arresting vision.
So it will be a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

This soundbit is not very Vangeliesque, more a Personal Jesus/I Feel You 3/4 thingy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9O2fZ1FwM

For me, VCMG was a huge disappointment. Delta Machine was a huge disappointment. (For that matter, so have been recent Erasure releases.)

But what I've been hearing from the new MG sounds really good, and I'm feeling optimistic again. Fingers crossed!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Everything produced by Ben Hiller was a disappointment. I guess he was rather comfortable then good for the band to work with. Now he is out. So it will be somebody else producing the next DM LP.

For a band of DM's size making an album is more or less a gimmick (ok they do have a solid fanbase). But the big money comes in elsewhere.

Because of that and, IMO, Gore is way better in songwriting then in arrangements and orchestration it would be a good idea to listen to popular demand and brign back Al again. By the way I guess he would apprecaite the money.

As for the upcoming MG LP (I know..I'm still used to say LP rather then CD...)
I think it's unfair to compare it to VCMG. I've not heard it yet. But from wha tI've read it's a completely different thing.

In interviews he refer to several instrumental tracsk he've made for DM. But it's worht keeping in mind that Al had a touch on most of them. So for MG I think one shold expect anything similar.

You read that Martin? Bring Al back will ya ! :-)

Alan Wilder and Martin Gore didn't gel on a personal level.

Martin Gore said in an interview that he appreciated having Alan Wilder around, it was like having a teacher checking your work :P

lol.....

well they appear to be fine nowdays.
They'd this event at Albert Hall 2010 and then Martin supported Alan's Recoil event in California.

And then he did a mix on their Remixes 2.

So if we at least could have the teacher back as producer for the next LP ! :-D

Numanoid wrote:
sfd wrote:(a guy from Essex for those who didn't know)
Think he has moved out to California by now :wink:
hes still 'from' essex though. he could move to mars, doesnt make him a martian.:little yellow pulling tongues emoticon:

Well I don't know. Back in the days he looked pretty alien to me...lol

Ok, seriously. Is there any tech info for trainspotters? I read he've a Gleman Penthaphonic !

There's no tech info in any of those few interviews available regarding this LP. As far as I've seen.

from martingore.com:
MartinLGore - 9:24 PM: The majority of the sounds were created using my Eurorack modular system along with various other modular systems. Obviously, I used other equipment, polysnyths for example.

vurt wrote:hes still 'from' essex though. he could move to mars, doesnt make him a martian.
So let's say somebody emigrating from India to UK, they become a Brit right?

Freddie Mercury grew up in India, but Wikipedia calls him a Brit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_mercury

Numanoid wrote:
vurt wrote:hes still 'from' essex though. he could move to mars, doesnt make him a martian.
So let's say somebody emigrating from India to UK, they become a Brit right?

Freddie Mercury grew up in India, but Wikipedia calls him a Brit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_mercury
He was born in Tanzibar and spent time in India, but was educated in the UK. Anyway ... you can change your nationality, you can't change where you come from.

Branis wrote:from martingore.com:
MartinLGore - 9:24 PM: The majority of the sounds were created using my Eurorack modular system along with various other modular systems. Obviously, I used other equipment, polysnyths for example.
Thanks a lot for that one ! :-)

No mention of VSTi. Guess he didnt' use any. Well he have most of the hardware synths so...

But working with CV/Gate to MIDI converters seems to be a little of a pain.

I guesss there'll be a few more interviews with him now when the LP is out.
Please post if you see anything. :-)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”