Klanghelm's New Compressor - coming soon!?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tunca wrote:It looks like UA 176 style compressor.If it is,it's really interesting.Worth to buy to me.
No, it's a varimu design, not like 1176.

BDeep wrote:
tunca wrote:It looks like UA 176 style compressor.If it is,it's really interesting.Worth to buy to me.
I didn't say 1176.I said "176".
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Yeah, if it is, it'd be cool! Out of my comps only Slate FG-MU could come close, but attack and release are too slow on it.

tunca wrote:
BDeep wrote:
I didn't say 1176.I said "176".
You're right, I need some sleep...

I guess this is kind of 'Vari-mu style'.

A while ago, Tony said,

"The beta for the new variable-mu comp has started a few days ago. It's the least challenging beta ever for me, as there seem to be no audio related bugs, no crashes or strange noise so far. It's almost a bit scary :o . However, I still need a few weeks, before I can release the new stuff. There are some controls, that are a bit challenging to find a sweet spot for some testers. That needs to be improved. I want this to be a comp, where you don't have to fiddle around with settings. I want it to work instantly. I think, it's safe now to post a quick render, as I consider the GUI pretty much finished now."

Anyone has some news about the release of the plug ?
We're near the end of April and still no statement from Klanghelm... :?

Endor-8o8 wrote:Anyone has some news about the release of the plug ?
Sure, like we say, the devil is in the details ;).

He's hard at work on optimizing the code and DSP, and there will be at least one new beta soon.

Endor-8o8 wrote:Anyone has some news about the release of the plug ?
Sorry for the delay. The main reason for this is, that I've been trying to extend the versatility of the plugin, by increasing the max. possible gain reduction, adding shorter attack and release times and stuff like that. That's a very time-consuming process and required some rethinking of parts of the DSP. I'm trying not to rush me with this one, as I want it to be perfect obviously, but I'm still dreaming of a release in May.

Tony

Get it right Tony. There's no better reason for a delay than trying to make sure it will work on everything, and won't sound bad.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Get it right Tony. There's no better reason for a delay than trying to make sure it will work on everything, and won't sound bad.
Agreed 100%, Patience is a virtue when it comes to quality, Look forwards to it when it is ready

Nice one and well said Funkybot's Evil Twin :tu:

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Get it right Tony. There's no better reason for a delay than trying to make sure it will work on everything, and won't sound bad.
Agreed 100%, Patience is a virtue when it comes to quality, Look forwards to it when it is ready

Nice one and well said Funkybot's Evil Twin :tu:
You're completely right guys ! :)
Take your time to polish your project Tony and thanks for
the update ! :tu:

There is never any harm in asking in the polite manner which you did Endor-8o8 though, Being inquisitive is a good thing and I would imagine to a developer like Tony, It helps him because it is a very nice reminder that his releases are eagerly anticipated which drives him. So I was not at all aiming my comment at yourself in anyway :)

Good to post here which I haven't done in a while and find friendly atmosphere and people like you guys, I can't express how much it is appreciated :hug:

Dean

The GUI doesn't look as "vintage" as the other Klanghelm products. Will this affect the sound? :hihi:

Joining the crowd: don't need another compressor. Will probably purchase it anyway!

But...would love to someday see a pultec-style eq, tape delay...? :hyper:

i would rather see something more akin to SDRR and DC8C. and by that i mean, DC8C is a compressor toolbox, SDRR is a saturation toolbox. so... and EQ toolbox? or maybe something-else-toolbox?

that said, i'm buying this.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i would rather see something more akin to SDRR and DC8C. and by that i mean, DC8C is a compressor toolbox, SDRR is a saturation toolbox. so... and EQ toolbox? or maybe something-else-toolbox?

that said, i'm buying this.
delay toolbox? :tu:
modulation toolbox? :party:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Effects”