Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Mystic wrote:What will Rapture Pro be able to do that I can't already do with something like Omnisphere 2 or Serum?
Nothing.
Load Piscis

http://www.galbanum.com/products/piscis/

Fleer wrote:And you can get Rapture Pro for $66 :)
Where?

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Mystic wrote:What will Rapture Pro be able to do that I can't already do with something like Omnisphere 2 or Serum?
Nothing.
Well it won't sound like Rapture. :) Neither are the samples the same. So the answer could also be "everything".

aMUSEd wrote:
Where?
JRR if you own another Cakewalk instrument.

I'm only seeing it at $79

where?

I heard GROUP coupon works for the extra discount
aMUSEd wrote:I'm only seeing it at $79

aMUSEd wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:
Nothing.
Load Piscis

http://www.galbanum.com/products/piscis/
That's the only thing I use Rapture for.

I keep meaning to convert it to another format.
One of these days I'll get around to it.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Rapture is Pro nnounced
[rap-cher]
Obviously it big deal of how it sounds. :lol:

jackmazzotti wrote:
where?
There. With GROUP code.

Fleer wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote:
where?
There. With GROUP code.
i can't find the upgrade on jrrshop

jackmazzotti wrote:i can't find the upgrade on jrrshop
https://www.jrrshop.com/cakewalk-rapture-pro-upgrade
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The two videos Cakewalk have put on YouTube do little to convince me to upgrade. The new browser is an improvement on the original but really its nothing special. The performance page is cool and all but a few macros and a (admittedly cool-looking) vector mixer are hardly revolutionary. While both aspects are welcome, they are pretty much standard affair for modern synths and fall well behind comparative features on many other instruments.

What I want to see, and the only reason I would pay to upgrade is how this synth functions as a synth, how deep and intuitive is its sound editing and manipulation capabilities. How does it improve on Rapture classic in this regard? What sort of audio does the 10GB consist of apart from the old DimPro content? The JRR discount might tempt me if I think I'll be using this in any great depth. Nothing I've seen yet though demonstrates that its worth more to me than anything i already own.

For $79 it seems like a pretty good deal to me. Since Cakewalk is owned by Roland, do you think Rapture has any of the old Roland ROMpler sounds from their old equipment, like the JV 2080 or the SC88?

Roland sold all their shares of Cakewalk to Gibson Brands

Return to “Instruments”