Softube Heartbeat

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fese wrote:Is a sequencer really necessary in a drum synth? most DAWs offer some kind of drum grid or even a drum sequencer and if not I am pretty sure there are some third party sequencer's out there.
Personally I find it much easier sequencing drums in my DAW where I have a lot of flexibility (quantizing, groove templates, shifting single notes ...) and not having to change into a plugin each time I want to edit something or copy a pattern or whatnot. But that s just me...
Tremor is a good example of how much an onboard sequencer can enhance the workflow of drum synths. Fast polyrhythms and pattern switching combined with their transmod system makes for an awesome drum synth.

I'm not really seeing what this particular software instrument brings to the table, though.

I don't really care how it looks but how it sounds ... It sounds ok judging from the audio demos, but have to try it myself.
I was bit disappointed with recent Softube modeling efforts, especially the Mutator damn that
doesn't sound analog at all to my ears. The transient designer was good, I bought it actually.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

cryophonik wrote:Looks pretty cool to me.
Aiynzahev wrote:I'd much prefer it if it could also load samples though.
It looks like it has some samples built into it, though:
The sound mostly originates from Softube's own modeled analog synthesis, which has been augmented with carefully selected waveforms.
There is a slider above the snare/rim, snare/clap, and hihat channels that crossfade between "Wave" and "Synth".

That's a shame. I was hoping on a synthesis-only solution instead of still relying on samples for certain parts. I guess Microtonic is still king in that department (but no modeling synthesis sadly)

LFO8 wrote:That's a shame. I was hoping on a synthesis-only solution instead of still relying on samples for certain parts. I guess Microtonic is still king in that department (but no modeling synthesis sadly)
Well, there's Tremor and Drumatic, and if you're using a Mac, Drumspillage (the latter is the king for me, but YMMV of course).

Just came across this, an SOS vid from Musikmesse with a demo of Heatbeat from the Softube guys. Enjoy!

(At the end of the vid they say they expect to ship in June, and while a price hasn't been set he gives a rough 150 to 200 Euro price).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwM1U17IHQk

I test it at the Messe and I think there are better drum machine that this one. Check Spark 2 or Maschine already, you can do a lot more as with this one. The make an emulation of different drum machines and use also samples do generate the sound in some of the generators.

Difficult to say if this is now something complete new :S
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I have a feeling this one will put a lot of strain on the cpu .
Well so does tremor .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yawn... :zzz:
[Insert Signature Here]

I like an idea of this product, but soft ilok as well as hard ilok is no-buy for me.
Murderous duck!

Listening to the audio examples it has a sound of its own, it doesn't sound like an 808/909 emu but has its own analog character that I like. This ain't gonna be cheap.

Costs less that that at JRR shop, and you get the discount :)

I tried to find this last night. I hate numanoid :lol:

incubus wrote:I tried to find this last night. I hate numanoid :lol:

:D

So they’ve put this on sale for $79.
Is it an actual drum synth or is it samples?

It's a drum synth and a very good one !

Return to “Instruments”