The Stroh Violin from Impact Soundworks. A unique Kontakt instrument, FREE for a limited time!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FREE DOWNLOAD: http://impactsoundworks.com/products/or ... oh-violin/

The Stroh Violin is a curious acoustic instrument invented by electrical engineer John Matthias Augustus Stroh, who, of course, named it after himself. Stroh conceived of a violin constructed with a metal resonator and horn, producing a louder, brighter sound compared to a traditional wood violin. He patented his design in 1899.

While this unique modification of the violin never overtook the popularity of perhaps the most classic orchestral instrument, the stroh violin is played by musicians worldwide – particularly in Europe – for folk music. It is beloved for street performance, thanks to its powerful tone that requires no amplification to be heard even in a noisy area.

Naturally, we sampled it! The Impact Soundworks Stroh Violin features this instrument in a single, elegant, lightweight Kontakt patch with modern trimmings like a sequencer and 'grit' effects. The result is a fun and surprisingly versatile virtual instrument, great for everything from rhythmic underscore ostinato to comical pizzicato, folk mockups and more. Special thanks to performer Kalle Ricken and designer Richie Albert!

FEATURES
* Authentic multisampled stroh violin
* 3x dynamic layers / up to 5x round robins
* Sustain, spiccato & pizzicato articulations
* Customizable mapping
* 3-layer rhythmic sequencer / gate
* Quick controls for grit, dirt and vinyl
* Lightweight and fun to use

DEMOS
https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/the ... soundworks

GET IT HERE FOR FREE!:

http://impactsoundworks.com/products/or ... oh-violin/
(Requires FULL version of Kontakt 5.4+)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

"This website is under heavy load
We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later"

I'm not really surprised, sounds great. Waiting patiently ... :ud:

My brother wanted to build a copy of one of these. Waiting also...

Thank you very much!!! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I have received download links, but page shows 2 URLs with word 'false' and URLs returns "couldn't find the file" error.

I presume that everything is being overloaded at the moment, and things might not be working as expected, so I'll check back tomorrow :)

Just posting this in (unlikely) case that Impactsoundworks guys are not are aware of the problem.

Hey guys, yes, the demand has been quite intense on our servers! We just moved the download file to cloud distribution and expanded our resources as far as they can go, hopefully things should be resolving shortly.

If you have false/incorrect download links on your page, please try refreshing the page now.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Are you finished updating the accounts?

I just checked mine and there are a few items missing.

Yes we imported a great deal of missing orders which seems to have resolved problems for the majority of customers, but there are still a few accounts missing stuff for some reason. Just email me at support@impactsoundworks.com and I will get everything updated on your account. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Thanks again. I'll put a list together ... soon. :)

many thanks! how long is this going on for?

Bump.

Very generous ISW, much appreciated.
If only i had access to v5.4 @home.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Cool.

It's a nice suprise. :)

Thankyou

I got a receipt, but no download link.
Basjoe

Basjoe wrote:I got a receipt, but no download link.
Basjoe
Login to your account and check your orders.

Thanks for the violin, zircon!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”