Realivox Blue "Vocal Sample Instrument" New Demo + Giveaway!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mike Greene wrote: Yes, no need for any previous updates. It's still a month away or more, though.
This is great news! Any chance of a diphthong or two? (I've never used that word in a sentence before).

Darkle wrote:
Mike Greene wrote:This is great news! Any chance of a diphthong or two? (I've never used that word in a sentence before).
Yep.

Hey guys, quick bump to remind you that the giveaway will end on this Sunday midnight, pacific time. You can still join and win a copy of Blue. Good luck!

First:

At http://realitone.com/faqs/, entering a message results in:

Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.

Hence, I´m writing you here:

I´ve purchased a copy of blue a few weeks ago, and I´m struggling to not only make it sound realistic, but to make it sound understandable.
For instance, the word "Twilight", I translated into:

Twah ee lah eet

When I´m playing these four syllables, it´s superhard to hear what´s being said because Blue needs its time to pronounce syllables... Any suggestions here for how I can improve my work with Blue?

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Hi Jesper. I'm not sure what was going wrong, but your email finally went through a few hours ago. I'll answer here, though.

Your choice of "Twah ee lah eet" is good, although for long "I" sounds, I like to use uh instead of ah. Technically, it's supposed to be "ah ee," of course, but singing tends to be a little lazier, so "uh ee" seems to sound better to my ears.

I assume you're using the B2 "Repeat Key" for the ee part of the "I" sound. Usually you want to play your next note right away after the "ee" notes, since usually in real life, the "ee" part of "I" is very short.

I'm playing this here and it's not having trouble playing fairly quickly. You do have to anticipate the notes, but "twilight" only has one consonant between the two syllables, so it shouldn't lag too much.

We have a video about the "I" sound here:
“Fly” with Realivox Blue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaVe4LiC0LU

One final note - we have an update coming up that will include "long I," making this all a bit easier. We're scheduled to release the Ladies update this Monday, after which we'll be finalizing the Blue update.

Thanks for replying Mike!

I sent the message to you one more time, which is when it finally went through. So either a service at your website was down the other day, or it´s something here at work that blocks emails through your website.

In any case, I´ll try what you suggested when I get back home, thanks again and looking forward to the update.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Tried to experiment a bit with this, but if I use "tw" I get only the w.. the t is not audible.
Hence I use "too uh ee luh eet" which kinda does it. I still struggle with that syllables want to overlap eachother. Is there a place where I can upload an audio file for you Guys to hear what I´m doing and perhaps give me some hints?

Thanks!

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Yikes! I tested here and you're right that the "t" sound disappears if I have "tw." That's a bug. We'll fix it after the dust from this Ladies update is over.

Your "too uh ee luh eet" workaround is very clever! I tried it here and it sounds perfect, although obviously it's a PIA to have to play the extra syllable. (An upcoming update is going to make all of this much easier.)

Here is a MIDI file of how I would play this. (You may have to option-click or alt-click to download it.) Drag this into your sequencer and set up Blue for the "too uh ee luh eet" phrase. Tempo is 120.
http://realitone.com/uploads/midi/TwiLight.mid
Notice how I use the B1 (Repeat) key so that I can advance to the next syllable while staying on the same note. This allows all the notes to overlap, which I want.

Here is an audio file of what that MIDI file sounds like here. I played "twilight" three separate times with slight melodic variations, which I hope is instructive.
http://realitone.com/uploads/midi/Twilight.mp3

Here is a jpg of that MIDI file in my Logic sequence. You can see how I overlap all the notes, and also how the B1 Repeat key gets used. Also, you can see that I like to keep the last syllable of an "eye" sound short. I hope this helps.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the files - made it work in Cubase sounding the same way as the mp3. I need to further look at how you benefit from using B1 and how I can get better results with it.

I´m glad to have found a bug! :) Will there ever be a male version of blue?

Thanks again

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Mike Greene wrote:One final note - we have an update coming up that will include "long I," making this all a bit easier. We're scheduled to release the Ladies update this Monday, after which we'll be finalizing the Blue update.
Is this update still on the horizon? Or was it not possible to make this fantastic program any better?
Or is the millionaire lifestyle distracting Mike?

Any other teasers apart from the "long I"?

Is ordering off the Dollar Menu at McDonald’s part of the millionaire lifestyle? Then I’m livin’ it, baby! :D

The update is still coming, although it's still a couple months off. We're releasing a drum library first, hopefully in about two weeks.

For Blue, we recorded just about all the missing English vowels and dipthongs we could think of. Long I, short a, short i, and a few others.

Awesome I can hardly wait. Blue is amazing... It feels like I just said that...

bigcat1969 wrote:Awesome I can hardly wait. Blue is amazing... It feels like I just said that...
Yes, but remember, Blue is a lady, so she never gets tired of hearing it. ;)

Shame about the diet, but who needs silly old money when they can enjoy such job satisfaction!

Thanks for all the hard work Mike, and the fantastic news about Blue's new sounds.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”