Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No idea K. If you set the quantize toolbar slider to quantize ends 100% or something but it doesn't apply when doing live midi recording with IQ on, that would suggest not.

So... yeah... if that doesn't work I'd guess no. I've never tried it though.

Hi Lawrence thanks for your quick reply.I can't seem to get it to auto quantize note ends although it's no big deal really. I'm just used to it having that option in Samplitude. You have a selection of 4 different quantize options and these are always included when using input quantize.

Although there are other editing processes in Studio One which are more detailed than Samplitude. Like Length which is very nice.

Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Yep. If the "end" toolbar setting / slider doesn't apply to IQ it must only quantize the start times in that case.

LawrenceF wrote:Yep. If the "end" toolbar setting / slider doesn't apply to IQ it must only quantize the start times in that case.
Yes that was the first thing I tested and it makes no difference so IQ only works for note start.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

I already posted my bitch complaint in the studio one forum, but really!

How long is a bloody corner ffs

no smiley face

With no smiley face, no one will answer you!

Chill, everyone.

1. When will come will come. Produce with the version you have! Or with DAW you have.
2. The announcement and release dates are set by now, so no use complaining about anything.
3. Obviously, the corner can be as big as necessary.

Here's a smiley face for ya!

:tu:
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

If reaper is the linux of daws, then S1 is the debian of daws. It can be years between updates, most features are not that great, but it's solid as a rock.

One point where the analogy breaks: usability. S1 has the best workflow. In that it would be more similar to Apple: great design, UX, but the company doesn't want to talk to customers to make any decisions, they know better. S1 has the most horrendous customer support, too.

Really hard decision. The piano roll is not that great either, right? And v3 seems to NOT be vectorial, which I think is a big mistake.

I think I'm sticking to S1 for now.

Reaper's snapshost (SWS extension) are a feature that should be copied by all daws. That's my only wish for v. 3. And maybe better font size, ideally vector :)

Reaper's snapshots are really great. Ardour's aint bad, but not the same thing. Honestly speaking, if I were a guy fed up with PTHD and the new pricing and all that, and i was on Mac, I'd give Ardour 4 a really hard look.

As to the S1 devs not listening to users, that's arguable. Most of the stuff they added since 1.0 is stuff people asked for so it kinda comes down to if what you want is on the update list, they listen, if not, they don't.

They seem to be building what they personally want the product to be otherwise, like Cockos.

One thing I like:
VSTi that resize their window (vacuum pro, fabfilter twin) do work. On reaper, FL studio, and ardour after the window gets smaller, it never gets big again.

Is this something worth reporting? If so, could someone report it in the imageline forum (I don't own FL, so cannot post)

I always read S1 is so bad performance wise. Is there some sort of DAW benchmark someone made? Tbh, i don't really feel much of a lack of performance when using it. But then, i'm not at all a power user, so maybe there is.

chk071 wrote:I always read S1 is so bad performance wise.
It isn't the most cpu efficient thing out there imo. If you really need that, maybe go with Reaper, which is really cpu efficient. These choices are always a relative balance of many things, imo, mmv. It's a relative balance of workflow design, performance, ergonomics, features, etc, etc, personal comfort, and all of those things balance out quite differently for different people.

Is there something out there with both the cpu efficiency of Reaper and the great ergonomics of S1? Probably not. Is there something out there with both the wide range of audio / midi features of Cubase + the greatest audio features of PT or Pyramix? Probably not. Is there something out there with the great EDM functons of Bitwig or Live or FLStudio + some of the great video post features of DP or Nuendo? Probably not.

But yeah, if you're looking to win the Internet cpu contest / war, seeing who can run the most big VI's at 128 samples without freezing, betting on S1 is probably not the best bet.

That being said, S1 is not the most CPU hungry either. In my experience Sonar was.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

LawrenceF wrote:
chk071 wrote:I always read S1 is so bad performance wise.
It isn't the most cpu efficient thing out there imo. If you really need that, maybe go with Reaper, which is really cpu efficient. These choices are always a relative balance of many things, imo, mmv. It's a relative balance of workflow design, performance, ergonomics, features, etc, etc, personal comfort, and all of those things balance out quite differently for different people.

Is there something out there with both the cpu efficiency of Reaper and the great ergonomics of S1? Probably not. Is there something out there with both the wide range of audio / midi features of Cubase + the greatest audio features of PT or Pyramix? Probably not. Is there something out there with the great EDM functons of Bitwig or Live or FLStudio + some of the great video post features of DP or Nuendo? Probably not.

But yeah, if you're looking to win the Internet cpu contest / war, seeing who can run the most big VI's at 128 samples without freezing, betting on S1 is probably not the best bet.
Ok. Can you tell how much we're talking about? Say, if i have 20 instances of a modest CPU demanding VSTi, i can run one instance more on Reaper? Or is it like, i run 5 instances, and can run one more then on Reaper?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”