Anyone Use Vanguard By reFx? (Same Guys Who Make Nexus)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:Another option which is about 1/4 of the price of Vanguard is geMini 2, one less osc, but better for sequence/arp: http://www.audioxygen.com/gemini
i tried the demo in the past and disliked the sound in general: imho many free vsti sound way better then this gemini synth. everything is subjective.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Always loved Vanguard. I will never understand how a synth becomes not good because it is "old".
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:Always loved Vanguard. I will never understand how a synth becomes not good because it is "old".
GAS?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Afaik some of the first trance orientated synth and IMO with a thin sound. I never liked this synth.
I think it was replaced by most of the people with some of the later released synth like Albino, Sylenth etc.

Just got an official reply from reFX, and re_mute was quite right.
Vanguard 2 is no longer in development.

A bit sad really :cry:

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

And no more updates either I guess?

DMuzik wrote:And no more updates either I guess?
I'm not sure - as far as I understand, Vanguard 2 would have been a major rebuild. More of a totally new synthesizer really. I remember Mike announcing on their forum that old presets couldn't be imported. So theoretically there could be future updates of Vanguard 1, but I wouldn't hold my breath. When was the last time you saw an update for the old reFX/Tone 2 plugins? Ages ago.

So my guess is that the old plugins - Slayer/PlastiCZ/Slayer - is a closed chapter.

/C

The best and most distinguished synth they made. Some really great aggressive sounds with a lot of bite can be made from it. Unfortunately, people in general are really only interested in the most cookie cutter dance sounds, so they found a lot more success in Rompler land.

DrGonzo wrote:Just got an official reply from reFX, and re_mute was quite right.

/C
ElectraX is pretty much Vanguard 2. They both use wavetables to simulate many synthesis functions, while allowing you to start from there and build on the sound with further synth functions. Admittedly they sound different, but a lot of Vanguard's sound character comes from 'flaws' which have been ironed out by the more mature sound engine in ElectraX.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:Just got an official reply from reFX, and re_mute was quite right.

/C
ElectraX is pretty much Vanguard 2. They both use wavetables to simulate many synthesis functions, while allowing you to start from there and build on the sound with further synth functions. Admittedly they sound different, but a lot of Vanguard's sound character comes from 'flaws' which have been ironed out by the more mature sound engine in ElectraX.
Couldn't agree with you more! Personally I find ElectraX to be the finest moment of Tone2, and alongside Diva - it's my favourite synth. Everything is just... perfect. My personal taste of course, but the envelopes, the filters and oscillators are all so damn tight. In my first soundset for ElectraX I only explored one layer of it - and it completely blew my mind. I can easily see how even two layers (and you can use up to four) can replace Sylenth1 if one would like to.

That being said - a Vanguard 2 would still be a different animal. But it seems reFX are all set on Nexus - which to be fair isn't bad at all.

/C

murnau wrote:it's really old but still good. i use another skin maybe somebody here like it too:

http://s-u-i-c-i-d-e.deviantart.com/art ... -378805428
Indeed great skin (use the same), and Vanguard is perfect for building that old school Psytrance vibe, why should plastic sound bad anyways.. :clown:

epu - this is my favorite "synth" as well. It's on all my old recordings and I've never found a newer 64 bit soft synth or dedicated piece of hardware that can do what it does. Unique oscillators and filters, plus great bottom end, distortion, reverb, echo, and that beloved trance gate. Wow!

If anyone can point me to something that can even come close in hardware form, I'd buy it in a second.

remains in my arsenal. its got a huge bang for the cpu usage factor
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

1,5 year ago reFX posted on their web that Vanguard 2 was coming "soon".

/C

I submitted a ticket to ReFx's support system a couple months back about Vanguard. Dustyn responded with the following:
Dustyn wrote:Vanguard2 is still in the works, however no word on a release date yet. Stay tuned to our email newsletters and Facebook page!

Return to “Instruments”