VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave

Nightpolymath wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Hi Rolf,

One piece of advice here. Once you're done that hotfix/patch for Nave, put the download up for it as an incremental patch instead of reuploading the entire installer again. Nave is a pretty big synth (430mb on Win) so it'd be fairly frustrating to redownload the whole thing for every update. Just put out an installer that will update the 1.0 install to 1.01 (or whatever the version number ends up being).
Sensible suggestion. But you seem to have forgotten a rather useful English word: please.

It's called 'manners'.

/Joachim
There's a lot of languages (including Scandinavian) where there is really no word for "please." A lot of these cultures are very informal. It's not meant to offend.
im kinda 2 sided, he/she could have also said "it would be cool... blabla" or something, cause his sentence reads like some order. on the other hand i dunno how waldorfs' reputation is (i dont own waldorf plugins, oh wait yeah 2 old ones from Beat magazine) and if they care for their customers ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I get your point. But this is an international forum after all, and English is just the lingua franca. So a lot of these linguistic subtleties/niceties may not be as obvious to everyone. And a little tolerance goes a long way. But I digress. Carry on! :D

In Scandinavia, even without the word "please", it would be polite and formal to include "would you be so kind" or similar.
I think it's wrong to think about these languages as inherently informal, only because we are missing please :)

In this case somewhat neutralized by the "One piece of advice", but still informal even by Scandinavian standards.

Apostate wrote:Not sure on this, but I think he was just kidding around, KingTuck.
I doubt it. Would be a pretty random joke.

Anyways let's not derail this thread. Back to Nave talk! :)

Great idea, KingTuck. I've mostly taken the preset-fiddling path, and so far have been rewarded with some seriously killer sounds. I'm still finding the plugin to be a bit fiddly overall, but the sound is great...I actually messed with it more than Serum today (which is a big surprise for me).
Ha ha suck it!

Nightpolymath wrote: I am always thankful that I am getting any FX at all. All my reverb plugins don't even come with a synth, let alone a bad synth.
That makes me thinking about writing a nice reverb plugin with a synth. Ha, ha, I like the idea!

Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

(FTR I absolutely love the reverb on the iOS version of Nave..So please go ahead:)
------------------------

Soundcloud:
https://www.soundcloud.com/chris1a-1

Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

The delay on Nave is particularly good in my opinion, can't say that about many other synths (most certainly including Z3ta and Serum).

I'm starting to get used to the workflow now, and I'm steadily falling in love with this synth.
Ha ha suck it!

One piece of advice here. Once you're done that hotfix/patch for Nave, put the download up for it as an incremental patch instead of reuploading the entire installer again. Nave is a pretty big synth (430mb on Win) so it'd be fairly frustrating to redownload the whole thing for every update. Just put out an installer that will update the 1.0 install to 1.01 (or whatever the version number ends up being).
Hi

this is good advice. I will check if we could do this with our installer technology. But to be realistic, it won't be probably incremental for the next hot-fix releases I fear. Let's see.

Cheers
Rolf
Rolf from www.temporubato.com
Synthesizer microbrewery.

SO after testing it for a while I quite like the sound and features.

What I am not so sure I love is the UI organization, not being able to see both oscilators configuration at once is not ideal for me.

Another thing I didn't like is the browser, it seems navigation arrows follow an stablished order and you can't surf within one category of sounds (pads, leads, arps) and only by alphabetic order. The browser doesn't respond to keyboard arrows.
Last edited by rod_zero on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dedication to flying

In regard to the oscillators I agree, it's the main thing that makes me not ravingly wild about Nave. In fact, if the whole seeing-the-oscillators thing gets cleared up this will be my go to synth, period, instead of "just" a complementary synth to Serum and Z3ta.

But that's just me. I imagine that would be a major, and greatly welcome, upgrade. I wonder whether the extended demo time was designed specifically for suggestions like these, so by the time the demo periods are over these ideas are integrated, making Nave into a Supa Synth.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:In regard to the oscillators I agree, it's the main thing that makes me not ravingly wild about Nave. In fact, if the whole seeing-the-oscillators thing gets cleared up this will be my go to synth, period, instead of "just" a complementary synth to Serum and Z3ta.

But that's just me. I imagine that would be a major, and greatly welcome, upgrade. I wonder whether the extended demo time was designed specifically for suggestions like these, so by the time the demo periods are over these ideas are integrated, making Nave into a Supa Synth.

I wouldn't matter to me to only see one wavetable graphic as now, but the controls are more important to have at the same time.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
Apostate wrote:In regard to the oscillators I agree, it's the main thing that makes me not ravingly wild about Nave. In fact, if the whole seeing-the-oscillators thing gets cleared up this will be my go to synth, period, instead of "just" a complementary synth to Serum and Z3ta.

I wouldn't matter to me to only see one wavetable graphic as now, but the controls are more important to have at the same time.
I'm still wondering whether I'm missing yet something in regard to the oscillator view. I know Rolf mentioned the Uberwave...I'm going to spend more time with it right now (and hope for a MUCH better manual).
Ha ha suck it!

temporubato wrote:

Hi

this is good advice. I will check if we could do this with our installer technology. But to be realistic, it won't be probably incremental for the next hot-fix releases I fear. Let's see.

Cheers
Rolf
Understandable. Do what you can. Really nice synth btw! :)

Do you think the hotfix will be ready in time for the full release of Nave?

Return to “Instruments”