Bass guitar sample library poll

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm considering creating a bass guitar sample library and I'd like to get some opinions on this idea. In a perfect world I'd be able to provide everyone with exactly what they needed but, with my time constraints being what they are, unfortunately I need to narrow down the options to create an achievable plan.

I'd appreciate it if you'd take this short survey and let me know let me know your thoughts.

Thanks! :)

Took the survey! I think that the world needs a nice dub bass sample library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5DoU2WsWE
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Well, you've got my very biased opinions.

A dub library is a good idea. Also R&B or modern gospel might be underserved markets when it comes to bass samples.

Or, if you can do it, a very extended range bass with like 10+ strings, which could be used for a lot more than just bass parts. I've thought about faking that by sampling a 4-string bass with lots of strings in lots of different sizes, but I like dead old strings anyway...

Didn't do the survey, but will comment that what I look for in bass samples the most is the attack and decay to be full and natural. (Seems like everyone has the middle part of the sample done pretty well).
And oh no, not another dub set, please.

Something very modern with high quality production values. Anything else and I'd just play it myself on bass guitar

Lakeland

How about you do something few if any people have done before. Make a vsti bass guitar designed for metal.
Check out my solo project!
If you like alternative rock/grunge https://soundcloud.com/anger-cage

Valimesh wrote:How about you do something few if any people have done before. Make a vsti bass guitar designed for metal.
*cough* We're on it...
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Just to add to the wishlist:

- a groove maker / sequencer incorporated into the bass vst with a wide range of existing patterns (and user patterns saving) - also a song maker timeline to sequence the patterns. the patterns and the songs should allow for drag and drop to the DAW.

- pls PLEASE not a kontakt library.....an independent vst

zircon wrote:
Valimesh wrote:How about you do something few if any people have done before. Make a vsti bass guitar designed for metal.
*cough* We're on it...

Awesome sauce! I'm using Native Instruments Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass, right now. However, it just doesn't seem to mix well when I apply distortion to it using amp sims.
On another note, I use Shreddage 2X on all my songs and it works INCREDIBLY well!
Check out my solo project!
If you like alternative rock/grunge https://soundcloud.com/anger-cage

i've took the poll, but will repeat here everything that i said in the poll. the world desperately needs more deep sampled modern metal 5-string bass libraries. picked, fingered, slapped, with slides, legato, drop tuning et al, with a lot of round-robin and lots of growly attack. Kontakt highly preferable.

EDIT: just saw zircon's message. i use Shreddage Bass regularly. last time i asked about it, new bass library wasn't considered, so clearly something has changed in the meantime, which is great. eagerly waiting for that one, too!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Agree with the dub bass guitar comments above (and have filled in survey) - if nothing else, it's one of the few bass sounds which isn't represented well in such software as Trilian.

Specifically, you won't go wrong if you can capture the 1970s Fender Jazz bass dub reggae sound of Aston 'Family Man' Barrett (the number one dub bass player).
Admittedly, NI's Scarbee Jazz Fender library is useful, but it could be closer still.

(Tbh I'm surprised Greg at Orange Samples hasn't attempted this 'Family Man' bass, following on from his 'Jaco' etc).

Cheers.

I think alot has changed since last August.

ugo used to be with Camel Audio, he's probably rolling in cash from the Apple buyout now :wink:

There's some really good bass soundfonts.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”