justin3am's Mutable Instruments Ambika build now w/sound!

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anyone is interested, Andre from Tubeohm has resurrected the discontinued Ambika.
It's been re-christened the Tubika and Andre is now taking pre-orders for units with 6 x smr4 voices.
The kit includes all parts except case, power supply and SD card.
He still has a little parts sourcing to do but expects to ship kits in a couple of weeks.
Price is around 600 euro. My order is in...God help me.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

That is very cool!
I think the Ambika project will be more approachable as a kit than it was when you had to source your own parts.
I think it's great that Olivier keeps his projects open so that others can create PCBs and firmware themselves. Even for his commercial Eurorack products!

I have a lot of experience working with surface-mount parts, so I've considered ordering PCBs for some of his Eurorack modules. There is a group buy at Muffwiggler going on now.

justin3am wrote:That is very cool!
I think the Ambika project will be more approachable as a kit than it was when you had to source your own parts.
I think it's great that Olivier keeps his projects open so that others can create PCBs and firmware themselves. Even for his commercial Eurorack products!

I have a lot of experience working with surface-mount parts, so I've considered ordering PCBs for some of his Eurorack modules. There is a group buy at Muffwiggler going on now.
Thanks for that Justin. Here's the thread regarding Tubika. I believe it's using SMR4 plus voicing.
cheers
http://mutable-instruments.net/forum/di ... ika-die/p4
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Just finished assembling the beautiful metal enclosure I got for my Ambika from Laurentide Synthworks
My phone's camera doesn't do it justice.

For those interested, Laurentide Synthworks does Ambika builds for $1250. They also build TTSHs (Arp2600 clone) for $3250. :o Really f**king tempting!

That is SO cool!!! :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”