What issues with Yosemite?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been resisting moving up to Yosemite, but may have to soon. Has anyone gathered a list of what plugins and other programs still do not work in that OS?

Anyone have any advice?

Er, well it looks way different... i.e. if you like the flat ios/google interface design stuff you might be happy. But when I loaded on an external and tried to launch CS6 apps I got a javascript error which meant loading an older version (java) for supposed compatibility with Creative Suite. Which meant I went back to Maverick as I don't have the time to troubleshoot my main apps for all of my work. If you can, I would suggest loading it on another computer and adding apps one by one to get everything working... then make your decision.

It is very slow loading OVER an old Maverick (or even older) install. Best scenario start from scratch with Yosemite...

my .02 :roll:

Thanks for the reply. I had been focusing on music apps, didn't even think about issues with CS6

DHR53 wrote:Er, well it looks way different... i.e. if you like the flat ios/google interface design stuff you might be happy. But when I loaded on an external and tried to launch CS6 apps I got a javascript error which meant loading an older version (java) for supposed compatibility with Creative Suite. Which meant I went back to Maverick as I don't have the time to troubleshoot my main apps for all of my work. If you can, I would suggest loading it on another computer and adding apps one by one to get everything working... then make your decision.

It is very slow loading OVER an old Maverick (or even older) install. Best scenario start from scratch with Yosemite...

my .02 :roll:

DHR53 wrote:It is very slow loading OVER an old Maverick (or even older) install. Best scenario start from scratch with Yosemite...
From 40 seconds to 1m20s ... and having that beachball of death running constantly, they have made a Vista of OSX. Maybe from scratch it would be faster, maybe.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Hmmm, interesting, I have had no issues with Yosemite, although to be fair, my Mac is fairly recent and comes with an ssd. In my experience, at some point installing a new OS X on older macs isn't a viable option any more (case in point, my secondary 2010 Mac mini and iPad 2 with iOS 8), they just became unbaribly slow.
I didn't have any issues with plugins etc either. But truth to be told, everything I use is still actively updated. If you use "legacy" plugins, you might proceed with caution, as I recall that especially older installers may fail to work on newer OS X versions.

DHR53 wrote:Er, well it looks way different...
It's basically Windows Vista with Hello Kitty icons.
No signature here!

No issues at all here
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”