Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Numanoid wrote:
elassi wrote:Btw, isn't it a sign of grandeur that one still can't order the update on Spectrasonic's website?
Maybe they want to avoid this?:

Seeing how the SoundToys server caved in, how will Spectrasonics deal with the masses of downloads that will happen April 30th?
Knowing Spectrasonics that is an image of something they used for a sample source. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Knowing Spectrasonics that is an image of something they used for a sample source. :lol:
:lol:

'Unique bitcrasher sound' so to say.

zerocrossing wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
elassi wrote:Btw, isn't it a sign of grandeur that one still can't order the update on Spectrasonic's website?

Seeing how the SoundToys server caved in, how will Spectrasonics deal with the masses of downloads that will happen April 30th?
Knowing Spectrasonics that is an image of something they used for a sample source. :lol:
Looks like they set it on fire with the piano.

That's the PC they user for license transfers...

I mean: This is the age of announcements and pre-ordering (incl. the inevitable discount). But they don't give a f***.

I like it. :)
I just think Spectrasonics are a class act - probably one of the most professional companies in terms of doing exactly what they say they are going to do and sticking to it - no more and no less.

Looking forward to getting Om 2
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Still have my $199.00. Burning a hole in my pocket

nvm.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I got Omnisphere in on Sunday. Already made some patches I like out of morphing existing presets. I like it. I also have a Virus Snow, Zebra and Diva. IMO they all have there place in what I want sound wise.

For rich analog textures I will mostly go for Diva. For synthy-cutting textures I will mostly go for the Virus or Zebra. These two cover some of the same ground, but for me the Virus has and edge in the filters and I like also using the FX to run other audio through. Virus is great for drums too (as is Zebra, but both slightly different texture). I already find Omnisphere to have more of a place when I want a thick texture that provides a bed if you will. Especially with the samples as oscillators, sound can get thick and huge quite quickly.

All set for tools that can fill every space in the canvas if need be (not that I ever would fill every space...cause.... you know.... it will lack contrast and stuff... ;)

I just was thinking .. Would be great if we could use the arpeggiator output as a mod source as well. Did I miss it or won't that be a feature in Omnisphere 2?

Edit: an undo/redo button would be nice as well to undo/redo parameter changes.

Numanoid wrote:

Adds Eric to the List of people who broke the internet. :D

Congratulations Eric... Omnisphere 2 is right up there with Alex from Target and Kim Kardashian's butt. :razz:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

LFO8 wrote:I already find Omnisphere to have more of a place when I want a thick texture that provides a bed if you will. Especially with the samples as oscillators, sound can get thick and huge quite quickly.
Compressed samples. They can have their place.

Whoa! Just got my Omnisphere 2 serial card through the post from Time + Space in the UK!

That is great service!

It comes in a big Omnisphere blue A4 cardboard envelope. The card itself is basically a shiny card like the front cover of the retail box.

Roll on the 30th!!!

:D

Omnisphere 2 upgrade.jpg
Here it is!!

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's the PC they use for license transfers...

Sorry for the double post, I meant to edit the word 'user' to 'use' and pressed the quote button instead of the edit button, then realised my mistake after posting - is there any way to delete a post on KVR?

Return to “Instruments”