Ancient River (A meditative downtempo track featuring Bansuri)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Decided to play around with my new Bansuri flute which a bought in Nepal recently.. and look what happend.

Though I dont posses any Bansuri specific skills, I do know how to play a flute a bit. I really like the sound of it - warm and whispering, dirty and rough comparing to classical flute which I do like also, but this beast is quite charming in its own way.

https://soundcloud.com/jabberwo0kie/ancient-river

So I learned something about Nepalese flutes...fascinating! Also realized that you are a friend of understatement - nice flute playing! The track is very cool...great bass-lines & percussion, indeed quite funky! Towards the end I was reminded of Enigma somehow. And I really liked the piano elements...jazzy.

Thank you, appreciate your comments. Any mastering advice would be nice, I am weak at that.

very musical, I enjoyed it. you managed to keep it above 'smooth jazz' sopor by the energy of the flute and the bass.

donno why you're worried about "mastering", it sounds good.

This track has incredible depth, like nothing I heard recently. Doesn't it fall apart in mono by any chance?

As to 'mastering', high-pitched sounds should be generally quiter than bass instruments and clearly they are too loud. The point is to get flat falling scpectrum on spectograph.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Hi Blackbyrd! This is very cool! great vibe to it and sounds very cool. Love your flute! Agree with jancivil about it not needing mastering...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Was very happy to hear that someone likes what I did! It will definitely inject a portion of enthusiasm in my desire to compose further.
Doesn't it fall apart in mono by any chance?
I have no idea, did not try that)

I liked quite a lot! Very well done!

Return to “Music Cafe”