Any love for Electra 2 around here???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had this, sold it. Didn't like the sound that much. Also only one fx per layer was super annoying. Not a bad synth, but not for me.

Showing its gorgeous infinite reverb mode

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/tone2- ... 2-serenity

No external processing! Just a drum beat from samples.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

kuzami wrote:Had this, sold it. Didn't like the sound that much. Also only one fx per layer was super annoying. Not a bad synth, but not for me.
I loved it but as I was getting 0 help from support when I was having issues, I sold it because I was so fed up.

K I'll just put the playlist here and stop spamming now, loads to hear now.

https://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/sets/ ... ra2-sounds
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

aiyn, is this a soundset? don't see it on your site...

fisherKing wrote:aiyn, is this a soundset? don't see it on your site...
Sorry, it will be a bank but it's a work in progress. I'll update my website though so there is some info there about it!
Aiynzahev-sounds

ok LOL, will be patient...

Nice, i really like the "In the mix" demo. Some really punchy sounds there.

I think Electra 2 is superb. It's become one of my favorite synths and I seem to open it more often than anything else I have available. I don't know why but the workflow just clicks with me. It's awesome. Probably as it reminds me of the Roland JV/XP/XV type of synth architecture. I can get awesome sounds going in under a minute and the oscillators, filters and effects are all ridiculously versatile and good sounding while being extremely easy to use.

The ONLY negative thing is the very meager 10 modulation slots. That's WAY too little.. especially since you usually end up using 4 or 5 just to get your modwheel, aftertouch and velocity sensitive stuff to work properly. It's such a shame. This one could be a real monster if we had 20+ slots. :(
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thanks guys!

I have to agree, it really is excellent. It's got so much going on yet it's very simple and straightforward in use. Nice balance. It's sound is really impressive without any effects or stereo unison too.

I've not really found the mod matrix limiting yet, but I imagine adding 5 or 10 slots would be pretty easy for the guys at Tone2. I'll put in an FR. What I really want is a tape delay like the one in the Virus TI.
Aiynzahev-sounds

I usually run out of modulation slots when I want to really "fine tune" a sound so that it either plays nicely and dynamically on the keyboard (lots of small velocity to <target> modulations) or when I want to really fine tune the sound itself.. like modulating the decay of various envelopes with another envelope and/or velocity. You run really quickly out of slots this way. I'd say 20 slots is the bare minimum.

It's the same complaint I had for the original Tone2 Gladiator which had only 5 slots to start with! Then they doubled it to 10 after I complained a lot.

Partially I think it is down to my obsession with detail (just look at the amount of fairly subtle modulations I have in my Camel Audio Alchemy presets) but it's also the "secret sauce" of many classic sounds in Roland/Yamaha/Korg patches from the legends.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:I usually run out of modulation slots when I want to really "fine tune" a sound so that it either plays nicely and dynamically on the keyboard (lots of small velocity to <target> modulations) or when I want to really fine tune the sound itself.. like modulating the decay of various envelopes with another envelope and/or velocity. You run really quickly out of slots this way. I'd say 20 slots is the bare minimum.

It's the same complaint I had for the original Tone2 Gladiator which had only 5 slots to start with! Then they doubled it to 10 after I complained a lot.

Partially I think it is down to my obsession with detail (just look at the amount of fairly subtle modulations I have in my Camel Audio Alchemy presets) but it's also the "secret sauce" of many classic sounds in Roland/Yamaha/Korg patches from the legends.
True that. I put in that FR on their forum.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Wet stars of the wub
All done in Electra X/2 by Tone 2
https://soundcloud.com/joe-kingthethird ... of-the-wub

I couldn't resist picking up Electra and Saurus from Uncle E with the current discount offer. I'm really liking the sound of both and the workflow gels with me.

Nice WIP soundset Sami - assume you're leveraging the new hypersaw and supersaw oscillators added in version 2.1 8)

db3 wrote:I couldn't resist picking up Electra and Saurus from Uncle E with the current discount offer. I'm really liking the sound of both and the workflow gels with me.

Nice WIP soundset Sami - assume you're leveraging the new hypersaw and supersaw oscillators added in version 2.1 8)
Yes indeed, lots of fun!
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Instruments”