Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

Here's a ride cymbal being tranformed. The ride is out of sync with the TR-8 (kick, snare). I recorded the ride first and ... uh, bleh, midi sync sucks :evil: :help:
Anyway, it's not Tantra's fault, just so you know!

The ride is fed through Tantra and after a while i use the wet/dry for comparison. I use several sequences of which two are 24 steps which gives the minimalistic variation on when the bursts of effects is on and off by different amounts. This sample i think shows one of the reasons why Tantra is so good!

https://soundcloud.com/bj-rnlundberg/ta ... -transform
Last edited by Crackbaby on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
:hug:

oops, double :party:
:hug:

This thing is great fun and very powerful :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
but also, you aren't considering that some might not be able to afford it, regardless of the value. just because it's "real small money" to you, doesn't mean that is the case for everybody

Oops, sorry, i meant the pricedifference, not the price itself.
Often the exchangerate between dollar and euro shifts worse than that.
And since a few weeks it really sucks for the euro.

woodsdenis wrote:I live in the EU, I have no problem paying VAT if I have to.

1. The failed method, paying in dollars and then adding the necessary VAT is $60.27 or € 56.42. They did not accept this
Basically Share it are forcing me to pay in the currency where I reside, which would be sort of acceptable if they didn't then force an exorbitant conversion rate.
That's rather odd, Im in the UK and was able to pay in USD.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Some more UI feedback suggestions, in addition to the one I made before (matched colour coding of the modulator/modulation amount, and colour coding in the matrix).

1. Realtime highlighting of the currently active step/point in the modulator
2. Updated feedback of the 'effective' knob position on modulated parameters

Also; over here with all the effects switched from on to off, I get a drop from about 13-15% of one core to 8-10% which makes me think the effects themselves are very optimised and that its the modulators that are responsible for the bulk of the CPU useage. I was slightly surprised by that, is it something that might be improvable?

Just bought- no brainer. Lots of fun with guitar!

(Glad I resisted Excalibur now- bought this and frostbite (about £50 total), Ubermod, Shimmer (about £60 total) filling my crazy FX needs! - Go small Devs! :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

sounds lovely flicking through the presets...

but this is what it looks like on my screen, max resolution of 1366 x 768

Stanoli wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
but also, you aren't considering that some might not be able to afford it, regardless of the value. just because it's "real small money" to you, doesn't mean that is the case for everybody

Oops, sorry, i meant the pricedifference, not the price itself.
Often the exchangerate between dollar and euro shifts worse than that.
And since a few weeks it really sucks for the euro.
yeah, except i have not seen that conversion elsewhere. it's bad, but not that bad

whyterabbyt wrote:

1. The failed method, paying in dollars and then adding the necessary VAT is $60.27 or € 56.42. They did not accept this
Basically Share it are forcing me to pay in the currency where I reside, which would be sort of acceptable if they didn't then force an exorbitant conversion rate.
Maybe because you are not in the Euro IDK. I did put in a question to share it , we shall see if they respond, enough about that from me I don't want to derail the discussion away from the plugin.

Fantastic plugin, Dmitry I am guessing there must be oversampling in there ? Maybe a draft mode for lighter CPU. I initially thought it's just like Camelspace or Turnado, they are similar but the quality of Tantra, it's GUI are all top notch. The bit reduction especially sounds brilliant, if you put this side by side with any of the similar products the difference is very apparent, love it.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

whyterabbyt wrote:

Same here, and the price in US dollars is lower than the price in GBP pounds.

US dollar price : $49.00 + 20% VAT = $58.80 (£39.30)
GBP pound price : £35.79 + 20% VAT = £42.95 ($64.26)

So buying in dollars (+ VAT) costs me £3.55 ($5.46) less ...

woodsdenis wrote:
Maybe because you are not in the Euro IDK.
what's that?

UK/Britain certainly is in the EU, but Ive never heard of a Euro IDK, some sort of identity scheme?

Mace404 wrote:Tried the demo and ran into a problem. (Windows 8.1 / Reaper x64)

Presets wont load. They are visible in the plugin but nothing happens when I select them.
Have a feeling it wont proper handle network/unc locations (I redirected my documents folder to an unc path)
I see the files in my documents folder so they were placed during install.

Both preset selectors have the same issue.
Just tried it on another system where I do not have the documents folder redirected to an unc path and the preset loading is working then.
Do have the folder redirected but to another location on the same disk so it seems the unc path is the culprit.

Is it possible to change the location where the presets are loaded from?

I notice there is no fine control for the right click modulation dragging. Shift left click does fine control so it would be nice to have shift right click for fine control on modulation.
(Yes I know I can open the matrix and do fine control there ;))
Also the modulation is a bit guessing. Maybe a tooltip to show the modulation amount or endpoint?

whyterabbyt wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
Maybe because you are not in the Euro IDK.
what's that?

UK/Britain certainly is in the EU, but Ive never heard of a Euro IDK, some sort of identity scheme?
IDK = I Don't Know :wink:

Bought! But thx to shareit, I paid 60€ for it.

Return to “Effects”