Waldorf Music at NAMM 2015: Nave for PC/Mac, Waldorf Edition 2, Attack for iOS, nw1 Eurorack module

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

I am just back from Frankfurt (stayed there in a hotel over night).

Had a very nice day the at Musikmesse on Friday and also at the dinner with the Waldorf guys and a bunch of Betatesters in the evening (including current and "old" testers). Many thanks to everyone at Waldorf Music, especially Daniel, Thomas, Christian, Frederic, Stefan, Frank and Joachim. :party: :hug:
Like in the last years of course it was also a pleasure to talk to Till Kopper, Holger Steinbrink, Stefan Trippler, Georg Müller and some others (could not mention all of them here). :)
Not to firget Rolf Wöhrmann (the Nave develoepr) who was at Musikmesse too.

Also many thanks to Urs, Howard Scarr and the rest from U-He. Special thanks to Howard for providing some Gin Tonic... :tu:
I already apologized that i did not have much time to test the new U-He stuff recently. :cry:

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo - huge thanks for mediating all the issues with waldorf edition and getting the updates sorted- so far attack is working perfectly - greatly appreciated.

Ingonator wrote:As promised several times the first official update v2.0.1 for the Waldorf Edition 2 is available as a download for Windows and OSX now:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we-2

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

This does NOT include all fixes for reported bugs yet, another update should follow ASAP (up to a few weeks from now on). We did not want to wait with the first update until really everything is fixed.
We apologize if a fix for a bug you reported here is not included yet.
Those we still have problems with is the bugs reported concerning cutoff notes wit hPPG Wave 2.V and Sync problems with the Delay in Attack (both originally reported at OSX). Opposing to the original reports those seem to be more or less random and not easy to fix.

A list of fixes included with the current update v2.0.1:

D-Pole
-----
- VST3 + AAX Presets added to the installer (*.vstpreset + *.tfx files)
- Solved: Credits page missing at VST3 - not fixed in OSX
- solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)

PPG Wave 2.V
----
- solved: Problems and crashes when importing fxb files (OSX)
- Solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)
- Solved: Random feature does not work properly
- Solved: Crash with the Random feature in PPG Wave 2.V (OSX)
- Solved: Random feature does not work in AAX Plugin
(changed to Ctrl+Leftclick on AKKU for the AAX on Windows, stays ALT+Leftclick on AKKU for other formats and on OSX)

Attack
------
- updated/fixed fxp files for factory kits (now 2 audio outputs maximum)
- Audio outputs now excluded from the Random kit and Random Sound features (now always Output 1 used)
- Solved: Crashes with combination of Samples + Pitch envelope modulation (all plugin formats)
- Solved: Crashes when switching Samples (OSX)
- Solved: Compatibiility issues with importing Delay settings fom version 1.x
- Solved: Switching polyphonic Instruments with track MIDI channel (VST3 + AAX)
- Solved: Fine resolution of dials doesn´t work (works using teh SHIFT button)
- Solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)
- Solved: Wrong audio output naming in host (similar in all plugin formats now)
- Solved: Effects automation parameters names in Live 9 + missing parameters

NOTE:
Generally for OSX + Logic issues in some cases it is also recommended to reset the Logic preferences files and/or delete the corresponding PLIST files). I do not use OSX so i could not help much there...
In the past this seemed to solve some issues that were reported as bugs.

Concerning the Presets for multiple plugin formats (and also for Bitwig Studio) there is a dedicated thread here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6100491

I also added a PPG Wave 2.V Init bank in different formats there.
The manuals for Waldorf Edition 2 were updated too, they now show screenshots from the new version and also the new features in Attack. With download that was available at Thursday the installed manuals were not working but that was fixed now. I would recommend to re-download the installers.

Opposing to what what originally mentioned in the changelog the VST3 and AAX Presets now also seem to be working with the OSX Plugins. Those should be automatically installed to the right folders.
More details on the presets (and Presets for Bitwig) at this dedicated thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6100491

As already mentioned another update should follow i a few weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------

For the Nave plugin udpates are planned too, both for fixing remaing bugs that are reported (not much yet AFAIK) and also for adding some feature requests that were not implemented yet.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

WaldorfEdition V2 (VST2)

(i) VST_32 installed.
(ii) No updated GUIs.
(iii) All three are showing 'Version 1.7.3 VST 32 bit. (C) 2000-2011'
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:WaldorfEdition V2 (VST2)

(i) VST_32 installed.
(ii) No updated GUIs.
(iii) All three are showing 'Version 1.7.3 VST 32 bit. (C) 2000-2011'
Is this problem in OSX or Windows?
Do you use the full version or the LE version?
Does this also happen with other plugin formats (if it is possible for you to check this...).

For Windows i am 100% sure that all 3 32-bit VST2 plugins show the current v2.0.1 GUI and version number. I just re-checked this in Cubase 7.5.40 32-bit and Live 9 32-bit (with teh full version of Waldorf Edition 2 on Windows 7 64-bit). I have installed the latest official version (was updated with fixed manuals yesterday as mentioned above), not an unofficial Beta. For OSX i could not test this here myself but i never noticed such a report there so far.

The latest installer is available here:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we-2

Also take care if you installed the new and the old version at once which could lead to trobuble in some hosts, even if teh DLL is renamed. Best is to deinstall the old versions of Waldorf Edition before installing v2.0.1 (and maybe keep a backup of the old and new DLL files if you need the old version again).
Ingo Weidner

Thank you Ingo. Sorry for the alarm.

Windows.
WaldorfEdition V2 Full Version.

There was an old full v1.7.3 installed on my system (which I've now uninstalled). WaldorfEdition V2 was also installed (from the download location you mentioned) but it uses a different computer install location to v1.7.3. My VST\VSTi shortcuts inside my Custom VST folder for Ableton Live 9 were pointing to WaldorfEdition v1.7.3 and never 'saw' (or scanned) the WaldorfEdition V2 DLLs.

So. V1.7.3 FULL Uninstalled. V2 FULL Installed, and working.

Thanks again.

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hi Aloysius, good to know it works now. There should be an otion to use both versions but that also depends on which plugins and which hosts are used. For example for some tests with Attack in Live 9 64-bit i had used both the old and new version where i had both DLLs in one folder and renamed the old one.
For that i first installed the new version and then manually copied a backup of the renamed DLL for the old version to the folder (without renaming i would overwrite the v2 DLL).
Ingo Weidner

nvm
:borg:

Does anybody know the cc numbers and channel for the new FX channel of Attack ?

Looks like Waldorf Attack for iOS is available now:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/attack- ... ?ls=1&mt=8

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/attack-drums-overview

https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVcnKyFkvPU

I do not have an iPad (and also no iPhone...) so i could not comment on this App.
Ingo Weidner

edit
Last edited by electro on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

edit
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Ingonator wrote:Looks like Waldorf Attack for iOS is available now:

I do not have an iPad (and also no iPhone...) so i could not comment on this App.
I'll buy it only after "preset exchange" implementation (Attack iOS <-> Attack PC/MAC). :x

Cross exchange works fine for Sugar Bytes and Arturia products for example.

I got this upgrade as soon as it hit the market. I have extremely fond memories of Attack, and was hoping that the new version would be even more awesome.

Then came all the problem reports and the intimations that it really wasn't an update, just a shinier GUI. Looks like there was unfinished business as far back as a few months ago, and no new patch for reported issues since then.

Is this thing ready to be installed, and worth the effort at this point, or should I continue to lay back and hope for improvement?

Strange that I find this mentioned nowhere:
The manuals (both DE & EN) that come with the Waldorf Edition v2.01 installation can't be opened. These PDF files are also very small in filesize. Can I find it (I just want English) online somewhere?

Return to “Instruments”