Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

OK I have finally got to the bottom of the share-it fiasco which tbh seems to be a very sneaky way of making more money from the transaction than they are due.

I live in the EU, I have no problem paying VAT if I have to.

1. The failed method, paying in dollars and then adding the necessary VAT is $60.27 or € 56.42. They did not accept this,
2. The method that worked, paying euros ( of course share-it do the conversion !!!) it is € 61.15 inc VAT

Basically Share it are forcing me to pay in the currency where I reside, which would be sort of acceptable if they didn't then force an exorbitant conversion rate. Really shady business practice IMO. This has nothing to do with VAT but has to do with a company forcing the customer to pay in a currency where basically they rip them off on the exchange rate.

Maybe Dmitry can rethink or at least get in touch with share-it. Bottom line a terrific plugin only marred by the greed of
the intermediary agent. To be clear I am not pointing the finger or criticising Dmitry in this I think share it are playing a very dishonest game here to make roughly a 10% markup per transaction. I suspect they do this on all of there transactions and are making a very tidy profit well above the fee they charge their clients.
Last edited by woodsdenis on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Nice job Dimitri, Nice effect :love: , the only thing I would change is the GUI, it's too big, I cannot see the button part of it, only thing I can see is the word Reverb, also I saw you updated Diversion to Version 1.33, so after I updated mine, I lost all my user presets. :cry:

FWIW:

Paypal calculates 1 Euro = 1,0236 US-Dollar (13.04.15)

Crackbaby wrote:Congrats on launch Dmitry!

For those of you who like chaos.. you can use the sequencers to modulate sequencer length :) If a synth needs a little movement, add sequences with odd and different lengths and then apply them to different parameters.
It's kind of crazy that you can take a simple sawtooth saw and have it run without any melody and then mess around in Tantra and get something completely different :). Take a dull drum loop and have it go through the presets ... Im really thrilled! I made a couple of presets with different "side chains" and a couple of rhythmic hihat making patches. Adding the noise parameter modulated by a transientic pattern.

And yes, the GUI is fabulous!
Try using a mod to modulate another mod speed. Sweetness.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Tried the demo and ran into a problem. (Windows 8.1 / Reaper x64)

Presets wont load. They are visible in the plugin but nothing happens when I select them.
Have a feeling it wont proper handle network/unc locations (I redirected my documents folder to an unc path)
I see the files in my documents folder so they were placed during install.

Both preset selectors have the same issue.

I have no problem with the interface size but that's probably because I'm using a 4K screen :clown:

Frantz wrote:I agree the GUI looks very nice. I haven't downloaded it yet.The demo track sounds good but I am getting the impression that the output is always similar. Are you finding the range of effects you can get from it to be limited?
I guess I would respond to this by saying that it is what it is. It is a chain of effects, the parameters of which can be modulated by step sequencers. You could, of course, just use the effects without sequencing anything, but that would be missing the point. So yes, the output will generally sound like a source with sequenced effects applied, because that is what it is. And it's a damn good one, too!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

By the way, I'm having no issues with GUI size on my 1080P 17" laptop display. I hope that the current version is also retained if any smaller options are made available.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

sches wrote:Thanks for your interest!

Yes, I know about issue when GUI does not fit the screen with 900 and less pixels in height. I've been thinking about different solutions, one of which was a special tab-bar for selecting different views, like on the screenshot below:

But I didn't like such a bit messy solution. I'll think out something more consistent.
I agree, it's not such an elegant solution. The GUI as it stands is not only beautiful, but very user-friendly too.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting this - and I am no expert by any means - but would it be possible to make the GUI behave something like Valhalla Vintage Verb? Simply drag the lower-right corner to whatever size.

Something else that might be welcome: some randomization options. At least on the modulator display.

For optimization, it seems like a simple "bypass when mix = 0 and no modulation is assigned" would go a certain way towrd helping that. It seems like a lot of presets have mix = 0 but effects enabled.

Also, I assume EQ and Reverb are after the end of the chain. Is that something that could be modifable? I've been having some fun modulting reverb parmeters and it seems like having the delay (or other effects) happen afterward would be useful.

deastman wrote:By the way, I'm having no issues with GUI size on my 1080P 17" laptop display. I hope that the current version is also retained if any smaller options are made available.
Absolutely. :tu:

foosnark wrote:Something else that might be welcome: some randomization options. At least on the modulator display.
That's a good idea! An intelligent randomization feature would be great to play with.

First, thanks for your feedback and suggestions! I'm analyzing all options you suggested to add and many of them look very appealing, thanks.

I'll for sure make something for laptops with lower than 900px height and then we'll think what we can do for big screens as well. So wide range of screen sizes today, but of course it should be addressed.

I'll check if we can have alternative to ShareIt today. Since I started there were no any viable choices except for ShareIt. I hope today more options could be found. ShareIt has always been working excellent, during all the time I had only few complaints, mostly related to the way ShareIt handles PayPal. But since latest events in EU it looks to have problems now.

As for licensing and reselling... Tantra uses serial numbers for authorizations. You can resell your license, no fee required, after reselling the license does not become an NFR, the second owner can resell the license as well.

Thanks again!

I bought Diversion used and the previous owner told me he is going to miss Dmitry,
because he is such a nice guy.
I also had a warm welcome.

May`be the higher shareit cost comes from charging
the buyer with the transaction cost instead of the seller like paypal does.

Nevertheless ist is just a few €/$, the effect (which I find amazing) is cheaper on sale anyway, so calm down.
I think it should be a musical decision here and not a (real small money) financial decision in this case to buy Tantra.
Last edited by Stanoli on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stanoli wrote:Nevertheless ist is just a few €/$, the effect (which I find amazing) is cheaper on sale anyway, so calm down.
I think it should be a musical decision here and not a (real small money) financial decision in this case to buy Tantra.
it has nothing to do with how much the plug is worth. i think the plugin is great, and clearly worth what is being asked

it has to do with a commission being applied that is not inline with normal currency conversion. i am sure most of us would rather the developer end up with that money, rather than a third party

but also, you aren't considering that some might not be able to afford it, regardless of the value. just because it's "real small money" to you, doesn't mean that is the case for everybody

I made a little track though ... well, ill copy/paste the description:

https://soundcloud.com/bj-rnlundberg/nexxxt
Cheesy trance @mid90's. TR-8, Nexus 1, Aira SH-2, The Glue for minimal sidechain.
And then the new amazing plugin Tantra im trying to showcase. At about 1 min i solo the bassline and turn tantra on/off, then the voice pad and finally the sweep. I can do a lot better to show it off but im a bit disorganized as a person so just recording and uploading is a big step :)
When i think of it, i don't think the bassline is quantized, i just banged the mpc renaissance's pads so Tantra is helping me out here!

Edit: I suffer from tinnitus and can't expose myself to loud bass so i use a mixer to do a -15db at 80Hz and i often listen through a pair of cheap in ear headphones which for some reason cause no pain.. but i do momentary loose some hearing even then ... In other words, don't focus on mixing and balance etc!
Last edited by Crackbaby on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hug:

Return to “Effects”