One Synth Challenge #74: DEXED (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

This night I was struggling with the track I composed for this OSC : I like it and dexed is the right stuff for that kind of genre, but I'm stuck in the search for a bridge, for "another place" to go...
So I opened a new project and started listening to the insane amount of presets I have, hunting for something that could click in me a and get me unstuck... It ended with me going to bed at 4:30 am with an almost finished completely new track built in less than 2 hours..... 15 days of sound making and arranging thrown away LOL.

Welcome aboard, James!
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

@stone1: Welcome to the challenge!

Hola a todos!

Una pregunta
Se puede usar el fruity Parametric EQ 2 del FL Studio. o no se permite su uso. tengo entendido que plugins del DAW si se permiten. pero por eso mejor consultar antes de iniciar a componer y usarlo. gracias por su información. :)

DFL wrote:Hola a todos!

Una pregunta
Se puede usar el fruity Parametric EQ 2 del FL Studio. o no se permite su uso. tengo entendido que plugins del DAW si se permiten. pero por eso mejor consultar antes de iniciar a componer y usarlo. gracias por su información. :)
Sorry, but please use English and people will be able to help much easier.

DFL wrote:Hola a todos!

Una pregunta
Here is the translation for anybody who wants to help this guy out.
Hello everyone!

a question
You can use the fruity Parametric EQ 2 of FL Studio. or use is not permitted . I have understood that the DAW plugins if allowed . but so best to check before starting to compose and use . thank you for your information.

Here is my entry:
https://soundcloud.com/slava-fiks/without-gounod
There are 24 instances of the synth in Reaper.
No external Plugins, just ReaEq, ReaVerbate, ReaVerb
and JS: Utility/limiter.
DR 11
Last edited by sfiks on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello everyone!

a question
I can use the fruity Parametric EQ 2 of FL Studio. or use is not permitted.
I have understood that the plugins of the DAW if allowed. but so best to check before starting to compose and use. thank you for your information.

the automations, are allowed too?

DFL wrote:Hello everyone!

a question
I can use the fruity Parametric EQ 2 of FL Studio. or use is not permitted.
I have understood that the plugins of the DAW if allowed. but so best to check before starting to compose and use. thank you for your information.

the automations, are allowed too?
Parametric EQ2 is permitted.

sfiks wrote:Here is my entry:
Nice! Vangelis version of Ave Maria :)
Some of your ideas are really close to my track but mine seem to end up around the 10 minute mark...

Really nice, but I think it sounds more like Zadok the Priest to me.. Maybe it's something else entirely?

stone1 wrote:Really nice, but I think it sounds more like Zadok the Priest to me.. Maybe it's something else entirely?
Ah, yes possibly. Probably a homage rather than an interpretation.

And welcome to OSC! :)

Near DX Experience

Probably my most ambitious tracks in 10 years. DEXED was really fun to work with! I always end up with pretty busy tracks but I hope I managed to control this both in arrangement and mix. However, since I've heard this track a thousand times I have hardly the distance needed to discern such things... Influence came this month from Jarre, Infected Mushroom, Pink Floyd (with a pretty obvious homage towards the end...) and last month's OSC.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out and hope that at least some of you enjoy it too!
Best enjoyed in headphones with eyes closed.

Don't hesitate to criticize. I do this to learn and perhaps teach, not for popularity or prizes.

https://soundcloud.com/neophile/mehum-n ... experience

DAW: Reaper 4.77
DEXED: 36 instances.
Mostly own presets.
Congas, cowbell, gong, one layer of crash cymbal and one layer of the pads comes from somewhere here:
http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/dx7_patches.html

Other plugins used:
ReaEQ, ReaComp, ReaDelay, Klanghelm IVGI, A1StereoControl (automated pans), TAL Dub III, VOS epicVerb
JS Midi plugins: dwelx.zenvelope, midi_note_filter

Master:
ReaEQ, SlickHDR, TDR VOS SlickEQ, TDR Kotelnikov, Limiter No6

Edit: Changed SC link to new version...
Last edited by mehum on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mehum wrote:Near DX Experience

Probably my most ambitious tracks in 10 years. DEXED was really fun to work with! I always end up with pretty busy tracks but I hope I managed to control this both in arrangement and mix. However, since I've heard this track a thousand times I have hardly the distance needed to discern such things... Influence came this month from Jarre, Infected Mushroom, Pink Floyd (with a pretty obvious homage towards the end...) and last month's OSC.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out and hope that at least some of you enjoy it too!
Best enjoyed in headphones with eyes closed.
mehum, this is masterful. Not so discordant as last month but I like it nonetheless.

In particular, the percussion and craziness in the middle is quite nice. Sound design is outrageous.

Headphones, check.

I did try to listen with my eyes closed, but then I could not type.

:wink:
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” - Albert Einstein

https://soundcloud.com/groksynth

Sorry if this was already asked, but.... No mod-wheel support? Or am I missing something?

And:
Can someone point me on some crash cymbals? Hunting for a sound with Dexed is a pain....

Thanks
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Parduz wrote:Sorry if this was already asked, but.... No mod-wheel support? Or am I missing something?
Yes/no, right now (OSC 74), it is only for the pitch (PMD). Later versions will support what the DX7 does...

Return to “Instruments”