JoBoMusic Flexion (new synth !!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've stumbled across this video, it is a new synth (Flexion) presented by a new company (JoBoMusic) at the Musikmesse. It seems to be still in the development phase, but it looks promising especially for textures and evolving sounds. I am far from being an expert, but the synthesis concept seems quite uncommon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijajehibFw

http://jobomusic.com

What do you guys think of it ?
Last edited by Tchandra on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks great.

I subscribed to this thread so would be great to be informed
on the latest news.

The control point modulation reminds me quite a bit of Glass Viper.

I'll be interested to hear some more demos of this.

Looks amazing

They have a similar name to JoBoMedia, I signed up for the beta, I think it looks cool
I think it's interesting that a lot of VST's recently release of waveform visualization
in their front panels, codex, serum, ect. Bazille, maybe Hive, I think that it's cloud
based presets are cool idea, my presets are included in the beta of EutrepeXL,
because I saved my sounds to the cloud, Curve and Curve-CM/-BE has the cloud also
I can't wait for this private beta to start, I think this constructive synthesis is new
I will save my sounds to the cloud if I'm accepted, good day.

foosnark wrote:The control point modulation reminds me quite a bit of Glass Viper.
My thoughts exactly.

The idea of flexibility looks very promising and sympathic, i am courious about the SOUND and the workflow.

im not sure if anybody else picked this up, but this guy seems terrified. hes shaking his head, jerking his body, his speech rhythm is changing constantly, and he just seems very very nervous. he seems really unsure of how he is presenting his demo. that is, 'what do others think of my presentation?' i can see how presenting a product can make a developer very nervous as it can make or break interest in the product.

We can do anything.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

He did seem very nervous. He should relax because he's got a great synth there. Very original. I'm looking forward to trying it out! The audio demo sounded decent and it certainly is pretty. Thanks for pointing this one out, OP!

Tchandra wrote:What do you guys think of it ?
That it will cost about $150-200 to buy

Edit: Looking at the video I predict it will be CPU hungry.

The interface also reminds me about Molekular.

Thanks a lot for finding the site and sharing this info, this is one of the major reasons why I like this forum :tu:
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is freaking amazing. They have a number of innovative, ingenious ideas and the synth still looks pretty sane and user-friendly.

If only the GUI got some love :help:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Numanoid wrote:Thanks a lot for finding the site and sharing this info
You are welcome Numanoid :) I found this on a french forum (audiofanzine), it is dedicated to audio gears and softwares, their team regularly goes to the MusikMesse and the Namm shows, and they have a lot of news displayed everyday. I think there is an english version of it. But regarding software instruments and plugins, KVRaudio is more complete I think, especially with the forum. I thought there would be a long talk about this new synth on KVR with Mr.Stockhausen saying he will create a new preset bank for it ^^ :lol: lol, I wanted to learn a bit more about it, but there was nothing, so I created this topic.

I'm also afraid it will be CPU hungry, if all the wave shapes are modulated at audio rate with the all calcuations going along, it will certainly require a lot CPU power...

I have given them my e-mail, I really would like to test the beta release. They just replied that I am on their list, I haven't received anything yet... Wait and see...

thanks for the news,
another must buy synth !
my wallet cry :help: :pray: :cry:

Wow very interesting synth. Nice work.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”