Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Any Mac users out there d/l'ed and played with it yet?

Yes (OS X 10.9.5). haven't done much with it yet, but it loads fine as VST3 in Cubase 8.0.10 (64-bit) and as AU in Logic Pro X 10.1.1 and Ableton Live 9.1.7. (As a quick test just now, I was also able to load the VST3 version into DDMF MetaPlugin (VST) in Ableton, so, provided you have MetaPlugin, you can get Rapture Pro to open in any Mac Daw that doesn't handle VST3 natively).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Does it let you load your own samples? I didn't see any clear wording on the website about that.

gnosis123 wrote:Does it let you load your own samples? I didn't see any clear wording on the website about that.
The old Rapture & Dim Pro allowed you to do so. It would be shocking if they removed that.

I doesn't look pro enough to me.
I want something that's more pro.

20-40% more pro would be good.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

vic_france wrote:Yes (OS X 10.9.5). haven't done much with it yet, but it loads fine as VST3 in Cubase 8.0.10 (64-bit) and as AU in Logic Pro X 10.1.1 and Ableton Live 9.1.7. (As a quick test just now, I was also able to load the VST3 version into DDMF MetaPlugin (VST) in Ableton, so, provided you have MetaPlugin, you can get Rapture Pro to open in any Mac Daw that doesn't handle VST3 natively).
How did you manage to buy it or are you a beta tester?

Also how are people supposed to activate it on Mac? - it says you need to "Install and activate with Cakewalk Command Center" but the link to the Mac version takes you to a Windows version - so much for their commitment to Mac users

I had the same experience with the Cakewalk site. Sweetwater will let you buy it now, but it looks like you have to wait until their Sales Engineer contacts you.

spaceman wrote:I doesn't look pro enough to me.

Didn't you read the product page? It's way pro, it even says so all over the descriptions. Hell, if it was 20-40% more pro, the description would read something like "Pro pro pro, professional pro pro pro pro. Professional pros pro pro professionally..."
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
spaceman wrote:I doesn't look pro enough to me.

Didn't you read the product page? It's way pro, it even says so all over the descriptions. Hell, if it was 20-40% more pro, the description would read something like "Pro pro pro, professional pro pro pro pro. Professional pros pro pro professionally..."
Well they could have called it Pro Square then :x
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

aMUSEd wrote:Also how are people supposed to activate it on Mac? - it says you need to "Install and activate with Cakewalk Command Center" but the link to the Mac version takes you to a Windows version - so much for their commitment to Mac users
Picking on them is too easy. :roll:

Eventually, I'll just render my Dimension Pro tracks to audio and forget the plugin, because Cakewalk just can't be taken seriously. They don't take Mac support seriously, so...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I'm not biting.

I found DimPro's ui crap tbh. I only wanted it to get back my DSF sounds. Of which not even close to the original Emu systems or later Proteus X sounds or ui.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Dimension Pro is the most frequent plugin in all of my completed songs. I'll probably upgrade, but not now. And not at this price.

I've had a scan through a lot of DimPro presets and find most of them to be somewhat meh. Hardly any (if any) velocity layers and little that can't be achieved with other sample-based instruments. Perhaps in its day it was decent, it would probably be worth the £10 it was last on sale for but aside from some half-decent, low-RAM string sounds, there's nothing about it I couldn't really achieve better with an alternative plug-in.

So now, I'm really leaning towards contemplating this only if it's that much better than Rapture and for $99 I doubt it really adds that much to an already great synth to make me want to upgrade. Like a lot of people here, i'll probably wait for a half-price sale or just not bother at all. Also, I don't want to go through the whole Command Centre business so i'll probably stick with buying from a reseller or something if i do get it.

An upgrade price of $99 for Rapture Pro is out of the question. If I wanted to pay $99, I would purchase Synthmaster or MPowerSynth on sale for less than $99, before Rapture Pro. And for the retail price of Rapture Pro at $149, I would purchase Sylenth1 or spend a little more and get Zebra or Diva. Calkwalk needs to rethink their prices. After they screwed up the cakewalk website conversion its not surprising they would put a new face on old software and try to sell it at a high price.

Return to “Instruments”