Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

In reality things are a bit more complex than that. ;-)
ShareIt is pretty cool IMO and allows smaller devs to sell stuff without breaking EU tax laws or drown in all the overhead that was introduced recently. Selling via PayPal without VAT in the EU would be illegal (not Dmitris fault - take it up with your gouvernment... ;-) ).

Sometimes it helps to use a "real" mail address instead of a free-account one when ShareIt makes trouble. Maybe try another one?

And the Euro has gone down quite a lot over the last few months compared to the Dollar...

Good to see this baby up and kicking finally!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Sorry for the late reply, I've been checking USD->EUR conversions and have ran into a problem. Of course, I have no control on shareit exchange rate and I can see only one possible solution - fix the price in EUR to make it lower in USD equivalent, or provide discount for EU customers, which is the same actually. But the problem is that I don't know how to explain non-EU customers why should they pay more than in EU. If I lower the price for all customers it doesn't solve the problem at all and we have the circle closed.

Another option is a partnership with JRR and other companies, but such things take long. I'll check possible options here, but there won't be quick results.

For now, I hate to say, but I don't know fair-for-all solutions, really sorry for that :( Though I'm very interested in finding and providing convenient and fair option.

And yes, I'll think out a solution for low resolution screens soon.

woodsdenis, I have sent a PM, could you please check it and reply if the issue with serial number still not solved? Or just email me please.
Last edited by sches on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd say we're all entitled to our individual opinions, Thomas.

I've been buying vsts for the guts of 15 years so I don't really need to be patronised about the trials & tribulations of devs or the use of 'real' email addresses. and over this 15 years every single shareit experience, without a single exception, has been a huge unmitigated fail. In my personal experience it's a terrible service, with a terrible support team. If it works for you - great, you won't need to phone or even email support. If it doesn't work for you, you're shit out of luck, because their support sucks - there is no solution and in my experience the support staff often don't even know why the transactions are failing - or why they often take several hours to let you know the transaction has even failed.

and I've changed email domain three times to try and solve this, to no avail.

so if a dev can't offer me an alternative way to pay for their product, I literally can't buy it. Thankfully only one dev has ever refused to help me bypass shareit: Tone2 ... I say refused, they simply flat out stopped replying to my emails (which were making enquiries about a product I was interested in buying, they were replying and answering my questions..) once I explained my history with shareit and the desire to pay by literally any other means that would suit them. Bank, transfer, cash order, western union, paypal, anything - literally anything - please just take my money.

thankfully though, Tone2 use resellers like Jrrshop ... so they lost a direct sale and I'll probably end up buying it during a 2-for-1 promo around Christmas.

Wow, really tough experience with ShareIt, Daags. Very sorry to hear that, never thought one could have such problem with it :(

sches wrote:Wow, really tough experience with ShareIt, Daags. Very sorry to hear that, never thought one could have such problem with it :(

well the experience just breaks down into two issues:
1] they just won't let my transactions go through, and usually take hours to reject them.
2] their support in trying to solve this sucks.

so it's not like they take my money and I never get the product, which I guess would be the worst experience a customer could have.

thankfully most devs seem to realise shareit doesn't work for everyone, and make it possible to pay in other ways. except for Tone2 who lost a direct sale, and a chunk of respect since they simply stopped our correspondence abruptly once I made the request for an alternative way to pay.

Daags wrote:
sches wrote:Wow, really tough experience with ShareIt, Daags. Very sorry to hear that, never thought one could have such problem with it :(

well the experience just breaks down into two issues:
1] they just won't let my transactions go through, and usually take hours to reject them.
2] their support in trying to solve this sucks.

so it's not like they take my money and I never get the product, which I guess would be the worst experience a customer could have.

thankfully most devs seem to realise shareit doesn't work for everyone, and make it possible to pay in other ways. except for Tone2 who lost a direct sale, and a chunk of respect since they simply stopped our correspondence abruptly once I made the request for an alternative way to pay.
Dmitry I have reponed to your PM tx

This is the same issue I am having ? I have used them before buying nearly all u-he plugins and it all worked.
unfortunately with Tantra I got a Paypal failed notice 8 hrs after my initial try. I immediately tried again and have heard nothing for 4 hrs, I assume this will fail too as if successful it should be a matter of minutes before a s/n is released. No change of email or anything wrong with PP. Also there seems to be no transaction pending on my share it account. I will keep you updated.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Dmitry also one PM from me

Nice! I like it! Although I second that the GUI is just too big, it fits in Live on OS X (1440x900), but only if I hide the dock.

Suggestions:
Envelope follower as a mod source
A gain input for the delay (so you can feed a single section into the delay, but still hear its tail).

Will be playing some more with it.

This plugin is so inspiring and musical that I'm not going to care if shareit or whatever adds a few extra euros! Will buy! :tu:

Never had problems with share-it and according to my mail-database there were more than 70 transactions to date. :shrug:

elassi wrote:Never had problems with share-it and according to my mail-database there were more than 70 transactions to date. :shrug:
Same here which is why this is strange
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Some quick questions:

-CPU usage?
-What is the copy protection?
-Can it be resold, in case what is the fee, and does it become NFR?

Fantastic job, Dmitry. Wow!

I'd like to add a comment to the GUI size. I use Logic on a 22" screen. Some of the little knobs such as Low Cut, High Cut, Mix...the labels and kHz readouts are small. I'm concerned if the whole GUI were made smaller like people are asking (and not adjustable), these readouts might not be readable at all when sitting at a normal distance from the screen.

I hope this can be adjustable if you make the GUI smaller, without making things difficult to read. Other GUIs where I have to put my face close up to the monitor just to see things are uncomfortable to use. Just my thoughts.

I love the colors / scheme / layout. This GUI and colors are just beautiful. One of the most gorgeous interfaces I've seen. Please don't change the colors!

This plugin sounds gorgeous. Am off to buy it.
Last edited by macmuse on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'd definitely like to know the answers to Numanoid's questions, too!

Listened to the audio demo twice now (once on iPad, again on monitors). Even though I already own effects with similar functionality, that audio demo does a truly great job of selling your product. I'm sorely tempted to pick this up.

elassi wrote:Never had problems with share-it. :shrug:
Same here. Share-it has worked flawlessly and quickly and I expect it will when I buy the amazing Tantra!

:wink:
바보

Return to “Effects”