Any love for Electra 2 around here???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think Electra 2 is impressive. I sincerely wish they'd consider a flat GUI alternative though.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

zerocrossing wrote:
replicant X wrote:For me, It's best synthsizer.

Better than hardware.
Not for functionality but for its sound.

Delete all Euro-Pop-injected preset patchs. (sometime It's fun though)
Make some your own patchs.
The sound engine is incredible.
Well, better than what hardware? If you're talking about the Nord Lead 2x or Virus TI, sure. It was one of the plug ins I used in my decision to ditch my Snow. However, I bet that a Solaris or Modulus .002 would best it.
I know he's not talking about the Fizmo. Clearly that would smoke all comers...

:clown:

My apologies. Please continue...
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

The demo sounded ok to me and if the price was half what it is I would be tempted - Tone2 pricing doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to commercial reality.

My other issue is, due to the colour scheme, 10 minutes using a Tone2 synth has me getting my glow sticks and dummies out of the drawer and off into the city to look for an underage happy hardcore rage. It's quite dangerous for this reason alone.

Half the price? You're joking right? With all its synthesis features you expect to only pay 90-100?? You're delusional.

On top of that, you can import your own samples, load your own wavetales, and it has 4 synth layers.

ckam03 wrote:it has 4 synth layers.
Right, and each layer has three oscillators (so 12 oscillators in all), each one of which can be sample, wavetable, classic waveform, supersaw, etc.

What has your guys's experience been with their support? I have some kind of bug and they aren't being very helpful at all. Pissing me off. Take a distorted saw bass for example, and put it in mono or legato and that saw bass will sound almost like a sine wave but if you put it into poly it sounds exactly like it should. It doesn't happen all the time, its random. I think it might be a bug with filter 1??? I switched it over to filter 2 while in legato and it was back to normal. I don't know!!!!!!

ckam03 wrote:What has your guys's experience been with their support? I have some kind of bug and they aren't being very helpful at all.
Markus has been quick to respond to my questions in the Tone2 forum. He has generally been quite helpful. However, I have not reported any bugs so I can't comment on that.

My experience with the tone2 support is really good, Markus, Sebaastian and Troel are very nice guys and they respond everytimes to all my questions via the forum or Pm, same for some bugs report, they are here for help me and they resolve it

Update is out: https://tone2.com/#Electra2.1

Is this intended? ("- Midi CC assignments are shown on top of the knobs")
Last edited by loungepanda on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Thanks for the information and thanks to Tone2.
rsp
sound sculptist

kokotte wrote:My experience with the tone2 support is really good, Markus, Sebaastian and Troel are very nice guys and they respond everytimes to all my questions via the forum or Pm, same for some bugs report, they are here for help me and they resolve it
Well lucky for you, they have been the worst support I have ever dealt with. Should I try the forum? I've only been using email.

you can post on the forum, ckam,
the new update is really fresh, personaly, i like the new hyper/ super saw / noize, and the matrix update too, thanks tone2 what a great surprise, the hypersaw/square is really usefull, and the cpu don t move :clap:

Yeah those new waveforms are amazing.

Return to “Instruments”