Finally a new modular! (But it's in M4L)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Logictree wrote:It's like Reaktor, you could throw thousand modules into an instrument. But if this instrument couldn't make great sounds what's the point?
The point is: you programming it wrong. There is no problems with Reaktor, there is problem with you.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
Logictree wrote:It's like Reaktor, you could throw thousand modules into an instrument. But if this instrument couldn't make great sounds what's the point?
The point is: you programming it wrong. There is no problems with Reaktor, there is problem with you.
I have to agree with this. I have heard some Reaktor Ensembles that sound great.

The problem is, most of them are garbage. I have never in my life seen a community so devoid of either talent or just plain initiative to create something worthwhile. In fact, I can count the number of really great Reaktor Ensembles on two hands.

That is pretty sad if you ask me.

Aiynzahev wrote:
Nightpolymath wrote:Some very quick impressions running this in Live 9 on Yosemite:
  • It can take quite a while (15-20 seconds) to load up an instrument for the first time (especially one with many modules). For the same instrument, changing presets is quick (obviously, since modules are the same).
  • Oscillot is rock solid on Yosemite (Macbook Pro 15” late 2013 model). Not a single crash in the four or five hours I’ve been playing with it.
  • Beyond four or five active voices it becomes a bit of a CPU hog.
  • Wouldn’t work with Max 7 (at least for me). Had to revert to Max 6.1.
  • Very intuitive to use. If you’re used to a modular environment like Mux then this should be easy to get accustomed to.
All in all a blast to use, i.e. being able to build Max instruments without having to get out of the Live environment. Not as many modules as I would have liked (esp. oscillators) but I am told that they’re coming in future updates. There is a module list here http://maxforlive.com/library/device/27 ... lar-system
Cool. From the video it sounded very good. Any comments on the sound itself of the oscs and filters for example?
Oscillot is just too much fun. :D Nothing to add here except to say that the demo is a fairly accurate representation of the sounds one can get from the synth. Evaluating sound is always a subjective thing, so I will just say that the filters (at least the two I've tried Diode and SVF) are smooth but polite. They get the job done! The VA oscillators (OSC A/B) tend to be on the gritty side but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I haven't even tried the FM or additive generators yet. The power of this beast, just as with any other modular, is being able to stay within Live and piece together the various modules to sculpt the sound you want (including effects). I can see spending a lot of time tinkering with Oscillot the next couple of months.

https://soundcloud.com/ableton/oscillot ... l1/s-sZvLU

So much to buy this year... lol
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

what a total shame about the complete limitation of automation in oscillot.

8 controls maximum. no way to control the steps of the sequencer. :-(

Return to “Instruments”