AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

Just added the demo at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/plugins/frostbite/

:phones:
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

audiothing wrote:Just added the demo at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/plugins/frostbite/

:phones:

:tu:

It sounds great, but the 32 bit version crashed Maschine 2 twice in about 20 minutes of playing with it. 64 bit seems okay, but I work in 32. :/

In addition to having the randomizer leave wet/dry/limiter alone, it'd be nice if you could drag the sections around instead of hitting buttons for the signal chain order, or else the buttons should be labeled with what the order is instead of having to poke them all until you find the right one.

foosnark wrote:It sounds great, but the 32 bit version crashed Maschine 2 twice in about 20 minutes of playing with it. 64 bit seems okay, but I work in 32. :/

In addition to having the randomizer leave wet/dry/limiter alone, it'd be nice if you could drag the sections around instead of hitting buttons for the signal chain order, or else the buttons should be labeled with what the order is instead of having to poke them all until you find the right one.
Unfortunately I don't have Maschine so I can't test there, but the 32bit version works fine here in Logic 9. Is the crash random or are you doing something in particular?

I'm already working on an update for the randomizer and for the Freeze module which bleed the effected signal (or the dry signal if only Freeze module is active) even with Amount 100%. As for the Drag and Drop thing, would be really nice indeed but may take quite some time. I'll look into it when the first update is done.

Took me all of 2 minutes of demoing this to buy it.

Great combination of effects creates a terrific little plugin for ambient. Cheers :tu:

audiothing wrote:
foosnark wrote:It sounds great, but the 32 bit version crashed Maschine 2 twice in about 20 minutes of playing with it. 64 bit seems okay, but I work in 32. :/

Unfortunately I don't have Maschine so I can't test there, but the 32bit version works fine here in Logic 9. Is the crash random or are you doing something in particular?

I'm already working on an update for the randomizer and for the Freeze module which bleed the effected signal (or the dry signal if only Freeze module is active) even with Amount 100%.
I still think it would be better if the user could just lock any param they want excluding from randomisation.

aMUSEd wrote:I still think it would be better if the user could just lock any param they want excluding from randomisation.
You are right. A right click menu on controls to choose which one to lock should do the trick.

lnikj wrote:Took me all of 2 minutes of demoing this to buy it.

Great combination of effects creates a terrific little plugin for ambient. Cheers :tu:
Thank you! :)

audiothing wrote:Unfortunately I don't have Maschine so I can't test there, but the 32bit version works fine here in Logic 9. Is the crash random or are you doing something in particular?
It seemed to be random, unfortunately. I know that's not terribly helpful :scared:

Buying Frostbite AND Phase Motion (and being a previous customer) can I get a discount coupon?
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

foosnark wrote:
audiothing wrote:Unfortunately I don't have Maschine so I can't test there, but the 32bit version works fine here in Logic 9. Is the crash random or are you doing something in particular?
It seemed to be random, unfortunately. I know that's not terribly helpful :scared:
Well very difficult to find the cause then. I'll see if I can get my hands on Maschine but I'm not sure.
alvfaria wrote:Buying Frostbite AND Phase Motion (and being a previous customer) can I get a discount coupon?
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
There will be an Effect Bundle soon but it will be probably same as buying with intro prices and I'll add an option for "cross" buying the bundle deducing the amount already paid for previous plugins.

Bought Frostbite! I couldn't resist. Now it's my favorite "dirty reverb".

alvfaria wrote:Bought Frostbite! I couldn't resist. Now it's my favorite "dirty reverb".
Thanks! "Dirty reverb", I love that! :D

Anyway, uploading the first update, should be ready in a few minutes.

Update v1.1.0 now available.

- Randomizer Lock system
- Freeze bug fixed
- Ring Mod Module CPU improved
- Added 5 new Presets

You can update the plugin by downloading and installing the demo at the bottom of the product page: http://www.audiothing.net/plugins/frostbite/

Return to “Effects”