Mulab removed by Norton Anti Vurus

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. A year ago my old Mulab 4.1 was suddenly removed as being a potential threat to the security of my Windows XP machine.
Now I downloaded Mulab 6.1 to use on my Windows 7 laptop hoping this new version would survive and - surprise - Norton again regarded Mulab as a big secuity risk and removed it, telling me my computer was safe again!
Has anyone ever experienced this?

Rob

Mulab is more trustworthy than Norton, IMO.

Try reporting to Norton that it's a false positive. Also, go into the anti-virus and restore the deleted .exe and make an exclusion for it and/or the folder that MuLab is in.
I have my meals in a royal palace accompanied by the Royal String Quartet.

Disable anti-virus for 15 minutes or an hour
Disable firewall for 15 minutes or an hour
Then download Mulab
When downloaded, show in folder
Right-click on Mulab executable and go to Norton File Insight
Click Trust Now and Check Trust Now
Go to executable, right-click, and Run As Administrator
Then Enable anti-virus and firewall

Thanks for your help Music Gym and your advise. I will follow these instructions.

Rob
Last edited by robfigee on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hope it works for you, else we can try again..

I would just remove norton if I were you. Plenty of (much) better AV products out there.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:I would just remove norton if I were you.....
Good luck with that! :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks Musical Gym, your instructions worked perfectly. Norton no longer intervenes while using Mulab, neither does it remove Mulab.exe
You really solved my problem.

Rob

robfigee wrote:Thanks Musical Gym, your instructions worked perfectly. Norton no longer intervenes while using Mulab, neither does it remove Mulab.exe

Rob
I'm glad to hear it. You can set Mulab to always run as administrator. If you need help, I can let you know.
Jim

Musical Gym wrote:You can set Mulab to always run as administrator.
Don't do this. Don't put MuLab on your system drive (at least not Program Files). It doesn't need to be there and there's no benefit in putting it there. All that will happen is Windows will complain and things will go wrong as Windows will try to intercept file accesses.

robfigee wrote:Thanks Musical Gym, your instructions worked perfectly. Norton no longer intervenes while using Mulab, neither does it remove Mulab.exe

Rob
I'd send in the MuLab executable to Norton anyway though, so they can handle it as a false positive, and you won't have problems with future installs. And other users won't too. Usually they're pretty quick when it comes to sorting out false positives.

It might be obfuscation causing it. I use an open source app to protect my crappy amateur source code from being disassembled and Norton flags it every time.

It's not really so much Norton as just what looks like "suspicious activity"... code designed to keep hackers out. I restore it from quarantine ("Trust It") and all is well after that. That's kinda what anti virus is supposed to do, flag anything that looks suspicious.

Musical Gym wrote:Disable anti-virus for 15 minutes or an hour
Disable firewall for 15 minutes or an hour
Then download Mulab
When downloaded, show in folder
Right-click on Mulab executable and go to Norton File Insight
Click Trust Now and Check Trust Now
Go to executable, right-click, and Run As Administrator
Then Enable anti-virus and firewall
Really great suggestion here. I don't use Mulab but it can be submitted as a false positive here https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

I work for Symantec so if you (op) have any questions about Norton I can also try to answer them.

thanks for support Robert

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”