Selling your new album without getting involved in Streaming

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:broken records are always the most compelling.
Oh my, how did you know what I was gonna say?

I'm not even going to say anything at this point. It's point.

We're just offering opinions. I care for Taylor, let's not go any further. No opinion on her business moves.

We're people, too.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

who is taylor swift btw?
is he a country singer?

whyterabbyt wrote:
debra1rlo wrote: Is Don Quixote about a donkey named Hotay?
Yes. Dont get it confused with Donkey Hottie, though, that's a completely different episode of Jerry Springer.
I live near Tijuana... enough said. :wink:

NPR did a report on what musicians are making on streaming sites.
The tiny percentage the artist gets is disturbing when compared to what everyone else gets.

The lawyers seem to be working for the wrong side.

As always...
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote:NPR did a report on what musicians are making on streaming sites.
The tiny percentage the artist gets is disturbing when compared to what everyone else gets.

As always...
yes, its not very profitable. as was agreed about a hundred of the OP's threads on the same subject ago.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

But wasn't it the same with airplay (on mainstream radio)? At least in Germany only the really famous artists could make significant money via airplay, for example Herbert Grönemeyer...

The whole system - the more plays, the more money - is the problem! Spotify is just the successor to mainstream radio, and I like it because *I* can decide which songs and albums I want to listen to, not the program director...

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Sparky77 wrote:NPR did a report on what musicians are making on streaming sites.

As always...
yes, its not very profitable. as was agreed about a hundred of the OP's threads on the same subject ago.
Well, I'd prefer that people listen to my music rather than people not listening to my music. So I give it away for free, though I put as much effort into it as the next guy. But I understand that you can only listen to 60 minutes of music within an hour.... :P

Next step would be to pay people to listen to it... :clown:

Chapelle wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:The whole system - the more plays, the more money - is the problem!
Why is this a problem? It sounds reasonable to me. What would you suggest instead?
The problem starts when you try making money with your music. But that's another discussion.

Chapelle wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:The whole system - the more plays, the more money - is the problem!
Why is this a problem? It sounds reasonable to me. What would you suggest instead?
The problem is that a few famous artists get pretty rich and the majority keeps on being poor. New artists should be better supported and should get more from the cake!

(The other - even bigger - problem is that most - airplay - radio stations always play the same stuff! :x)

But back to Spotify: If the 5 Euro I pay every month for the subscription aren't enough to pay the artists a reasonable amount of money, then they should simply raise the prices. Abolishing streaming doesn't help anyone...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They play the stuff most of the listeners want to hear. There are some special interest broadcasts of course, but morst of the people don't really care.

Tricky-Loops wrote:New artists should be better supported and should get more from the cake!
To play Devil's advocate; why? Why should someone get cake just for being 'new?'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015 ... /70680178/
The group's mission, she said, is "beyond commerce and technology ... to preserve music's importance in our lives."Tidal is "the first-ever artist-owned global music and entertainment platform," said Keys, the lone musician to take the podium. "We want to create a better service and better experience for fans and for artists."

Jay-Z is gonna feel like such a fool when tedinmexico's predictions come true. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”