Sounds for logos and idents?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I need help.
I'm trying to find sounds for logos, idents, intros for commercial, tv, radio e.t.c
Can anybody suggest me someone libraries and instruments?
Here examples for this logos:

https://0.s3.envato.com/files/1461670/preview.mp3

https://0.s3.envato.com/files/26532246/preview.mp3

https://0.s3.envato.com/files/29615142/preview.mp3

https://0.s3.envato.com/files/2311592/preview.mp3

Thanks.
Free SFX, Music and Intro Music Downloads with Creative Commons License.

Any instruments. Idents are the products of composers who know how to make an ident. Your port of call is not the specific instruments, its the way they're composed.

If you think a list of gear substitutes for that, then just get Omnisphere, Komplete, Waves Gold, and the Lexicon plugins. I think there's a fair chance that'll match what a large number of industry professionals use or have access to.

Or perhaps whatever's on the 'Ive never made an ident but my favourite plugin is X so I'll mention that' list that will inevitably follow.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As good a time as any to post this (about Brian Eno and the Windows 95 startup sound).

whyterabbyt wrote:Any instruments. Idents are the products of composers who know how to make an ident. Your port of call is not the specific instruments, its the way they're composed.

If you think a list of gear substitutes for that, then just get Omnisphere, Komplete, Waves Gold, and the Lexicon plugins. I think there's a fair chance that'll match what a large number of industry professionals use or have access to.

Or perhaps whatever's on the 'Ive never made an ident but my favourite plugin is X so I'll mention that' list that will inevitably follow.

Thanks. Idents contains ready sounds.
I know about Omnispere, but I never heard before about Waves Gold and Lexicon. Thanks for that. :)
Can you explain more about Waves Gold? I though that it is FX package...

romagromov wrote: Can you explain more about Waves Gold? I though that it is FX package...
It is, and so is the Lexicon stuff. Composers use effects plugins. :shrug: Those'll be as close to de facto 'industry standard' as anything.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:It is, and so is the Lexicon stuff. Composers use effects plugins. :shrug: Those'll be as close to de facto 'industry standard' as anything.
To be honest, I have enough of native FX plug-ins from Logic Pro X :)

But sometimes I use Izotope Ozone for final mastering.

As for my topic, I searching crystal sounds, shot keys, orchestra hits (big problem with them), crystal pads e.t.c

Yes, some sounds can be found in Omnispere, but not much.
Thanks.

What's your budget?

The libraries that are used are expensive.

tehlord wrote:What's your budget?

I have almost unlimited budget, especially if we talking about a really good instrument with good sounds.
My boss will pay for that :)

romagromov wrote:I have enough of native FX plug-ins from Logic Pro X :)
:o

Andywanders wrote:
romagromov wrote:I have enough of native FX plug-ins from Logic Pro X :)
:o
What FX plugins you use instead native?

romagromov wrote:
tehlord wrote:What's your budget?

I have almost unlimited budget, especially if we talking about a really good instrument with good sounds.
My boss will pay for that :)
I see

Well buy them all then.

tehlord wrote: Well buy them all then.
I'm mean about budget for 1 or 2 instruments.
Not for all.
For example, Omnisphere cost 500$ - this is normal price.
But we already have it. As I wrote, Omnisphere have good sounds, but not very much for my needs.

What kind of idents are you looking for, orchestral or synth based?

Never mind. I listened to your samples.

Look, almost any synth can make those sounds though they appear to be more digital than analog in character.

It isn't the synth. If you were interested in orchestral based idents I'd say go with one of the top string libraries. But for what you posted, anything can work. It's the composer, not the synth.

Now, if you're looking for synths with specific loops, atmospheres, etc. that are indent like in themselves, I can't help you there. I own over 100 VSTs can can't think of one, outside of Omnisphere, that even comes close. Most synths cater to the pop music crowd.

If you get something like XILS 4, which is a modular based synth, you can probably create anything you're looking for in that realm. But you won't find any ready made patches.

Analyze the idents you've posted. Listen to what makes them what they are. Copy them to a degree as far as style and sound. I'm hearing mostly sine and triangle based stuff. No supersaws or anything with lots of harmonics. It's pretty basic stuff.

Learning film scoring will help a lot.

Wish I could give you a better answer but no synth "out of the box" is going to give you the results you're looking for.

Thanks wagtunes, you really help me.

Return to “Instruments”