3D audio emulation (under development)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR,

Some months ago I developed a plugin that tries to emulate 3D audio from a mono/stereo track.
The plugin has still many many flaws, but the basic is already done. I would like to get some feedback
on it and also I would like to know if somebody would be interested in downloading it.

I have serious doubts if I should go on with the development since now I am really busy with other things.
Sadly, I can't upload the plugin (since my files are in another country), but I can show you a video in
which I demonstrate how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yV-L0Gs4Bk

You can skip until min 1:18, since before I explain a bit in Spanish how I made it.

Thank you very much and let me know your feedback

PD: I just realized that this should be in the "Effects" subforum.

my spanish isn't so hot, i wasn't able to determine much about what you have implemented.

there are a few existing effects that offer this kind of function, but afaik they use very primitive methods, eg. only modulated delays, not filtering. so, if your plugin does offer better atmospheric distance modeling than a simple delay, i'd welcome its release (and pick up the project if you abandon it!)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Blakaos wrote:PD: I just realized that this should be in the "Effects" subforum.
Moved.
No longer a moderator.

xoxos wrote:my spanish isn't so hot, i wasn't able to determine much about what you have implemented.

there are a few existing effects that offer this kind of function, but afaik they use very primitive methods, eg. only modulated delays, not filtering. so, if your plugin does offer better atmospheric distance modeling than a simple delay, i'd welcome its release (and pick up the project if you abandon it!)
Hi xoxos,

In this plugin I am using filtering with Head Related Transfer Functions for the azimuth and elevation, and delay + attenuation for distance. The spatial resolution is of 15 degrees in the worst case, but I am willing to test if interpolation between HRTF produces a better result.

there may be some freebies with HRTF around.. i'm interested in filtering for distance as i don't believe there is a free implementation :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Effects”