One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is my entry for OSC #73:

Riding On A Jetstream

24 instances of Synthmaster Player Full Version
DAW: Ableton Live 9 - compressor, reverb, delay, eq, limiter by DAW

22 factory presets from Synthmaster Player Full Version
2 OSC presets "PRC Snare 2 AJ" + "PRC Cym Crash 2 AJ" by Jasinski

many thanks to bjporter for this offer (Synthmaster Player Full Version) ! :tu:
many thanks to Jasinski for snare+crash ! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/harthstein/harth ... -jetstream

Tjgoa wrote:I have psy tripplet section, dubstep, progressive trance, and goa section, all in one track :lol:
Coooooooooool :tu: All my favorites in just one song :lol: Can`t wait to listen it :)
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Tjgoa wrote:That's it for now, I'm calling it a night for some fresh ears tomorrow but the task ahead looks quite daunting. I layed out all streams of the sections I worked on and is 250 minutes!! not including the drums or leads, I'll probably just end up grabbing the whatever sounds good at first listen at each section to wrap it up,arrrg, until atleast I have more time on it :hihi: . Cheers

Edit* bjporter, is there anyway I could upload a few days past the deadline if I forgo the prize or is this a stupid question?
Just mash it all together and submit it. Time-pressure can lead to interesting results. Sure it can get a little stressful but this is where weird and interesting things can happen. :idea: :tu:

... And then just put a limiter on the master, crank it way up and you'll be fine. Will sound better than most of the pro tracks :-P

Couple of questions.

1) Has next month's OSC synth been chosen yet? I know we have to wait til tomorrow to find out what it is. Just wondering if the decision has been made yet.

2) Does voting on OSC #73 start tomorrow?

Can't wait to see how this month turns out. Hoping to improve on my abysmal performance of last month. LOL.

Anyway, good luck to all the participants. Be proud of what you've done. It's never easy to work under pressure.

That's why the drug companies and energy drink makers are in business. LOL.

Hi Admins,

about 16h ago I uploaded my track to the OSC group. I did this with "select a track from your profile".
Is this a problem? Should I do it again? Currently it is not visible in the group list and OSC Player.

Thanks a lot !

Peter Harthstein

It will take a while to be approved, potentially. Just make sure to announce it; per the rules

Here is my track for the OSC73: HiEnergy - Synthmaster Revival

https://soundcloud.com/hienergy/hienerg ... er-revival

All SM are Synthmaster Full 2.6.9
Prototyping: Cognitone Synfire 1.7.12
Production: Ableton Live 9.1
All used effects except for Voxengo Sound Delay are DAW built-in effects

Guitar: SM (GT Spanish Nylon BT [Bigtone]), Voxengo Sound Delay, Saturator, EQ8
Piano: SM (KY Wurly Lite MK [Michael Kastrup])
Hit: SM (SY Juno Pling MK [Michael Kastrup]), Saturator, EQ8
Solina: SM (ST Original 70s String Machine [Bigtone]), Saturator, Compressor (SC), EQ8
Bass: SM (BA Fender Jazz MK [Michael Kastrup]), Saturator, EQ8, Glue Compressor, Compressor (SC)
Chords: SM (Init), Saturator, EQ8
Pluck: SM (PLK Wood Chimes [Aiyn Zahev]), Saturator, EQ8
Lead 1: SM (Lead Porta Saw MK [Michael Kastrup]). EQ8
Lead 2: SM (Init), Saturator, EQ8
Pad: 3xSM (PD Hi-Phuture [Insigna], GAT UnderWater [Aiyn Zahev], AR DigiArp RL [Rob Lee]), EQ8, Glue Compressor
Drums: 4xSM, Saturator
BD: 2xSM, EQ8

Hi,

Here's my track for the SynthMaster OSC track is called Saribu

SynthMaster Player
Thanks BJ and KVR331, I had a lot of fun with the synth and found it very inspirational to come
up with ideas

10 tracks in Ableton
Only effect used is compressor (2x) (allthough after uploading I found out it's a bit overdone on the
drums)
https://soundcloud.com/quaoar-1/saribu

Good luck everybody in the challenge
Quaoar

wagtunes wrote:Couple of questions.

1) Has next month's OSC synth been chosen yet? I know we have to wait til tomorrow to find out what it is. Just wondering if the decision has been made yet.

#1 - Post on the Discussion forum anything you'd like to see, and for #2, most likely yes, sometime in the after noon New York EST time.

bjporter wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Couple of questions.

#1 - Post on the Discussion forum anything you'd like to see, and for #2, most likely yes, sometime in the after noon New York EST time.
Do you mean the OSC General Discussion thread? I assume then that a final decision hasn't been made yet. Hmmm, not even sure what I'd like to see. Options for me are pretty limited unfortunately. 32 bit plugs are out as, lately, my PC just spits them out even with JBridge. In fact, I had to completely reinstall Cubase recently because of bad plugs that just wrecked it to pieces. All the free plugs that I have, have already been done.

There's just a good chance that I'll have to skip April. But I'll wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.

These have been a lot of fun. Only sorry I didn't know about them sooner.

Don't worry - some synths will be re-hashed; as a lot of new people have participated and it would be good to give a chance at some great plugs that were missed. I'm sure it will be Synth1 next month! :)

z.prime wrote:Don't worry - some synths will be re-hashed; as a lot of new people have participated and it would be good to give a chance at some great plugs that were missed. I'm sure it will be Synth1 next month! :)
That would be a dream come true. With over 10,000 user soundbank patches to choose from all over the Internet, it's like being a kid in a candy store.

Here's hoping.

my entry for this round:
http://soundcloud.com/keith303/entry-le ... ion-device

produced with renoise 3.01 and 19 instances of "Synthmaster v2.6.21" (full version) by KV331 Audio, a VST Instrument, as the only source of sound.

native DSP used:
22x Filter, 8x EQ10, 1x mpReverb, 1x Gate

external plugins used:
2x KarmaFX Deelay, 2x KarmaFX Reverb, 1x VoS EpicVerb, 1x V.G. Limiter6 , 1x V.G. Molot03

most sounds made from scratch, some percussive stuff however originates from Jasinski and/or others.
Thanks for sharing your great and inspirational presets !

Some tweaks from me.
All sounds made from scratch. When I was half way with the track, midi connection between piano keyboard and PC broke down. I had to finish it by drawing in DAW piano roll and using PC keyboard, so was fun to play a chord or simple melody with it. ;) Then I didn't make the track musically rich, however my recent track was also harmonically poor, so no big deal anyway. ;)
Enjoy!

Oxebe - Hyped

https://soundcloud.com/oxebe/oxebe-hyped-osc73

Daw - Live
Instrument: Synthmaster full version (x13)
DAW FX: EQ, reverb, filter delay, autopan, Utility(gain), compressor,
multiband dynamics (multiband compressor), limiter.
Free FX: LoudMax limiter.
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

Return to “Instruments”