What reverb plugins can morph like Blackhole?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you guys found any reverb that can morph between it's settings? Seems like Blackhole has a niche with this product or am I mistaken?

UVI Sparkverb maybe? Its preset browser is pretty slick.

valhallashimmer and ubermod.

Naenyn wrote:UVI Sparkverb maybe? Its preset browser is pretty slick.
Yeah, In the preset browser you can morph the settings.
But I think we can't automate it.

MeldaProduction: ABCD morphing
Morph button
Morph button lets you morph between A, B, C and D settings. Morphing is only possible with automatable/modulable parameters. That does include most of the parameters however. When you click this button, an X/Y graph is shown allowing you to drag the position indicator to any position between the letters A, B, C and D. The c loser you drag the indicator to letter 'A' for example, the closer the actual settings are to preset A.

Note that this will overwrite and change the preset that you have selected, so it is best to select a new preset e.g. 'E', then use the morphing method. This way you will define the settings ABCD, morph between them, and store the result in 'E' without any modification of the original A, B, C and D presets.

The ABCD morphing can be automated, however this is not then available as a specific controller, instead the changed parameters of the plugin are being automated. Therefore if one of the ABCD presets is changed after morphing has been automated, it will make no difference to the recorded automation.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

A lot of reverbs don't morph smoothly - one that does is u-he ZRev - I made a bunch of morphing patches for it, each with 8 saved states, in NI Kore 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... Morphs.zip

+1 for Valhala Shimmer

''Valhalla Shimmer has been designed to be tweaked in real time. All of the sliders have a smoothed response, to avoid
clicks when changing settings or automating the controls. At the same time, the algorithm has been highly optimized,
so you get a huge reverb sound without straining your CPU''

I tried it against Blackhole demo and ended up buying Shimmer ($50)

Try the free demo https://valhalladsp.com/shop/plugins/valhalla-shimmer/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

DarkStar wrote:MeldaProduction: ABCD morphing
Morph button
Morph button lets you morph between A, B, C and D settings. Morphing is only possible with automatable/modulable parameters. That does include most of the parameters however. When you click this button, an X/Y graph is shown allowing you to drag the position indicator to any position between the letters A, B, C and D. The c loser you drag the indicator to letter 'A' for example, the closer the actual settings are to preset A.

Note that this will overwrite and change the preset that you have selected, so it is best to select a new preset e.g. 'E', then use the morphing method. This way you will define the settings ABCD, morph between them, and store the result in 'E' without any modification of the original A, B, C and D presets.

The ABCD morphing can be automated, however this is not then available as a specific controller, instead the changed parameters of the plugin are being automated. Therefore if one of the ABCD presets is changed after morphing has been automated, it will make no difference to the recorded automation.
I think both the MeldaProduction IR Verb and Algo can do some morphing.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I was wondering the same thing a while back so I went through all my reverbs and found that most weren't any good for morphing. If I remember rightly, D16 Toraverb responded smoothly.

Or use the Multiparameters / Banks mode in the Melda plug-ins:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=435490
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:valhallashimmer and ubermod.
How can you morph from one setting to another with Valhallashimmer?
I can't see this option!

Maybe there is some confusion, Blackhole has the ability with only one ribbon controller to morph all the parameter at once (10 buttons) from one setting to another.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

I guess it's done with automation.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

So do Melda ABCD, Sparkverb, D16 Toraverb and Uhe Zrev all morph multi parameters at the same time? If not, then it would just be an automatable plugin.

teacue wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:valhallashimmer and ubermod.
How can you morph from one setting to another with Valhallashimmer?
I can't see this option!

Maybe there is some confusion, Blackhole has the ability with only one ribbon controller to morph all the parameter at once (10 buttons) from one setting to another.
Oh yeah I didn't know about the morphing of all settings at once. Thought the OP meant smooth adjustments of parameters, which is rare.

stikygum wrote:So do Melda ABCD, Sparkverb, D16 Toraverb and Uhe Zrev all morph multi parameters at the same time? If not, then it would just be an automatable plugin.
As I said, ZRev can morph all params at once in realtime, but when used in NI Kore 2. It doesn't have a morph slider like in Blackhole but in Kore you have even more morphability as you can morph between 8 different saved states, not just 2 poles. I mean to try the same sort of thing with Shimmer and see if I can recreate some Blackhole presets this way.

Sparkverb's morphing is different, they have taken the idea of a patchcloud that is also in some Arturia plugins, so you can morph between specific presets this way.

Return to “Effects”