echoboy alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eareckon EARebound

+1
This! Great plug-in at a great price.

LaMasque by XilsLabs is definitely worth checking out.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

AstralExistence wrote:what is a good delay plugin that is most similar to echoboy under 150 usd. im looking for a plugin that is best at simple tempo delay. most popular delays are great at creating complex fx like delay but a delay plugin that excels at the basic tempo delay is where the real quality of a plugin shows, is the hardest to get right, and where most fail miserably.
Timeless is great.
Also, most of the UAD delays are excellent.

Metric Halo Dirty Delay

There is nothing like Echoboy. ;)

iNNeRNoiZe wrote:There is nothing like Echoboy. ;)
This.

spirit wrote:I try to love Timesless2 but there's something about it that always seems to make it weak, muddy or weird.
Be sure to turn the dry signal off.
Timeless2 isn't muddy, weird and weak at all, but it needs a little invested time. And some more bread&butter presets would be awesome. And a saturation stage.

I agree if you like echoboy you better buy it, nothing sounds like it. It rocks.

That said I love Echoes by Nomad Factory, it just sounds great, IMO is a great alternative to echoboy, I had to spend some time learning it but now I really like it. Very light in your CPU too.

MH Dirty Delay is also a great sounding delay plug in.

Arrested Developer wrote:
spirit wrote:I try to love Timesless2 but there's something about it that always seems to make it weak, muddy or weird.
Be sure to turn the dry signal off.
Timeless2 isn't muddy, weird and weak at all, but it needs a little invested time. And some more bread&butter presets would be awesome. And a saturation stage.
In Ableton I made rack with a dry chain and a macro for wet chain which has a simple EQ to slightly lower highs and lows then Timeless2 (full wet no dry) going into PSP mixsaturator set to tape. Unfortunately its quite CPU heavy but well worth it for very spacious 3D echo's.

@cintronic:

The interesting part with saturation is how it increases with the feedback.
Do you have built a feedback chain in your bus?
Imho, it's quite dangerous in DAWs...

GaryG wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:I made an Single/dual delay/echo effect in Reaktor Core. Inspired by Echoboy... - WonderEcho - https://www.native-instruments.com/de/c ... show/7985/
Wow, looks awesome, never come across it in the UL before, is it very new? Will try later for sure. Thanks.

I started a year ago. Next week will come an update..i hope it's final. + DimensionD mode/presets :) )
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:
GaryG wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:I made an Single/dual delay/echo effect in Reaktor Core. Inspired by Echoboy... - WonderEcho - https://www.native-instruments.com/de/c ... show/7985/
Wow, looks awesome, never come across it in the UL before, is it very new? Will try later for sure. Thanks.

I started a year ago. Next week will come an update..i hope it's final. + DimensionD mode/presets :) )
managed to try it out in the end. great delay, though some parts of the gui could do with a little lightening up.

lot's of options....and fun :tu:

thanks

Klinke1 wrote:...

Downloaded and tried it out. Great work! Congratulations! :party:
p.s. it would be cool if the update would run with the same version of Reaktor.

Arrested Developer wrote:@cintronic:

The interesting part with saturation is how it increases with the feedback.
Do you have built a feedback chain in your bus?
Imho, it's quite dangerous in DAWs...
No, saturation level is just set at a static level. Couldn't work out how to get it to increase as echo disappears using separate plugins. What aspect of this may be dangerous?

Return to “Effects”