New Sample Library by Luftrum released as pay-what-you-want!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear friends.

Yesterday, I launched a brand new website and also introduced a new sample library Free Field Recordings which is a 1GB selection of my recordings covering a broad range of sounds from gentle sea waves to forest, airport and circus atmospheres plus experiments with hydrophones, coil pickups and contact microphones. New and old material, recorded with a state of the art Sound Devices 702 and Zoom H2 for older recordings.

The library is FREE for commercial and non-commercial use, licensed under Creative Commons CC BY 3.0. It also comes in a pay-what-you-want version that transforms the CC license into a regular user license with advantages, and all sales goes to Save the Children so you support charity at the same time.

You can download each individual recording directly from the SoundCloud playlist below or you can visit my website and purchase the complete library, which comes in a .zip file hosted on a lightning fast Amazon S3 server. Since release yesterday, the library has raised $347.

Read more info on the Free Field Recordings page on the Luftrum site. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/sets/f ... cordings-1
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Superbought! Awesome stuff here, ripe for sound design or just plain ambience. And for a good cause :clap:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Fantastic, beautiful recordings. Very generous of you :)

Sendy wrote:Superbought! Awesome stuff here, ripe for sound design or just plain ambience. And for a good cause :clap:
Ditto! well done... bought. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thanks a lot for your support Sendy, Rah and Shabdahbriah.

For your info, the library is on it's third day now and has already sold / raised over $500. :tu:
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Terrific sample collection. Thanks for making this available! :tu:

Brilliant! I'll definitely be grabbing this :-) thanks Luftrum!

Awesome! Thank you for this brilliant field recordings!

One question: Are this the same you had for free donwload on your site? I don't ask because of paying (I already did). I just want to know if i need to download any of the files again?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Cozy Cat sounds just like one of ours..

murnau wrote:Awesome! Thank you for this brilliant field recordings!

One question: Are this the same you had for free donwload on your site? I don't ask because of paying (I already did). I just want to know if i need to download any of the files again?
Yes, a handful of the H2 sounds in the Free Field Recordings were also on my old website for free download under a different CC license, the old (and retired) Sampling Plus 1.0 license as far as I remember. Thanks for your support!

By the way, the library has raised $971 since release on March 29. That's a good amount on a relative short time. :tu:
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Not that I intend to bump this everytime time a new amount is raised, but the Free Field Recordings library just reached a milestone passing the $1000 in contributions since it's release 9 days ago. :-)

Thanks for your suppport.
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Great cause, congratulations Luftrum. I'm sure there's more to come ...

don1thedon wrote:Great cause, congratulations Luftrum. I'm sure there's more to come ...
Thanks don1thedon, and yes... the library has raised just over $1600 since it's release late March. And for those who missed it, here's a pay-what-you-want field recording library, all for charity - see above. :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Get this people! Excellent field recordings, really great and best is you even help children with your purchase!!! :clap:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Just a friendly bump. :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Return to “Soundware”