Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Ingonator wrote:
Nightpolymath wrote:I am getting crashes in Studio One 2 Pro when dragging Largo or Wave 3 on to a track from the Browser panel. Seems to be more stable with AU (but still with the occasional crash) but I've given up all hope of using the VST versions on Yosemite. Too many crashes (OS X 10.10.2). Studio One is normally rock solid with other plugins.
We recently had lots of reported probems with Yosemite at multiple products, especially OSX 10.10.2 and also with the latest versions of Logic X. There were already fixes for OSX 10.10.2 but it looks like more could be necessary. Did you use the latest versiopn from the website? AFAIK the last OSX update for Largo and PPG Wave 3.V is from March 11th. This was mentioend at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Also some of the remaining bugs in Waldorf Edition 2 (on which we are currently working) seem to be somehow related to using OSX 10.10.2.

One problem is also that i could test in multiple hosts including Studio One but only at Windows 7 64-bit. This is why for OSX bugs i have to rely on the results of the testers (e.g. replicating bugs etc.).
Yes, I am using the latest executables. And you are right OS X Yosemite has been a pain for other products as well, including Cakewalk plugins. I am sure all of this will shake out in the next couple of weeks.

By the way thanks for all your contributions with regards to Waldorf stuff. I know you get a lot of flak sometimes but all the posts are appreciated.

+1
Appreciating your efforts, Ingo :tu:

Oh, It seems presets (programs, banks) from old PPG 2V (v1.2.9 at least) not load to new 2V ? Perhaps it was discussed already ? (or should be compatible ?)
Both plugins 32bit.

c_voltage wrote:Oh, It seems presets (programs, banks) from old PPG 2V (v1.2.9 at least) not load to new 2V ? Perhaps it was discussed already ? (or should be compatible ?)
Both plugins 32bit.
Do you mean factory banks or commercial banks?

The factory banks are also included with the new version and should work. The commercial banks i got do seem to work too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo, behavior are follow:

If i try load any exported (from v129) my made presets (extention .fxp or .preset) then nothing occur.

If i try import ANY of .fxb (native, came with new 2v or fxb`s with my presets exported from old 2v, identical result) then i see message: "One preset file was imported. But it`s not a preset for PPG *****".
Where "*****" name of new ppg2V dll which i renamed (as you know).

Maybe the problem exactly in renaming?

(Studio One)

Can anyone tell me if the new version of attack is less fiddly than the first?

Thank you.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Can anyone tell me if the new version of attack is less fiddly than the first?
I think its more flutey than it used to be. Best used with Flutey Loops.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

c_voltage wrote:Ingo, behavior are follow:

If i try load any exported (from v129) my made presets (extention .fxp or .preset) then nothing occur.

If i try import ANY of .fxb (native, came with new 2v or fxb`s with my presets exported from old 2v, identical result) then i see message: "One preset file was imported. But it`s not a preset for PPG *****".

(Studio One)
BTW Yes i rename dll back to standart PPG Wave 2V.dll and after this old presets loads ok.
Thus, the renamed dll`s can have some problems yet.

c_voltage wrote:Ingo, behavior are follow:

(Studio One)
Hi,

so guess you are using Studio One in Windows 7, is that correct?

Do you have the same problem with importing fxb files?

Do you have the same problem when trying to use your files in PPG 2.V v1.74 (= last version of Version 1)?

Here is a test i just did:
- renaming of the PPG Wave 2.V v1.29 DLL to "PPG Wave 2V v1.29.DLL"
- loading this plugin in Live 9.1.7 32-bit
- load my own free PPG 2.V bank that was created in PPG 2.V v1.74
link: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=418294
- re-save the bank with v1.29
- start Studio One 2.6.5 64-bit and import the bank with the new v2.0 64-bit VST2 plugin
- after that i get a message that the bank is imported and it also works fine here

BTW when using both the 32-bit plugins from v1.29 and v2.0 in the same host the v2.0 plugin does not seem to work properly here (got a crash there).

PS:
A hint for doing tests in different versions:

i usually just keep a copy of the DLL file and copy it manually if needed which is much simpler than using the Installer every time.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:so guess you are using Studio One in Windows 7, is that correct?
Yes
Ingonator wrote:Do you have the same problem with importing fxb files?
In current dll state (with original dll name) i no have problem with importing fxb/fxp, but before (with custom name) as i said already:
c_voltage wrote:If i try import ANY of .fxb then i see message: "One preset file was imported. But it`s not a preset for PPG *****". Where "*****" name of new ppg2V dll which i renamed.
Ingonator wrote:Do you have the same problem when trying to use your files in PPG 2.V v1.74 (= last version of Version 1)?
Sorry, i not installed v1.74
Ingonator wrote:Here is a test i just did:
- renaming of the PPG Wave 2.V v1.29 DLL to "PPG Wave 2V v1.29.DLL"
- loading this plugin in Live 9.1.7 32-bit
- load my own free PPG 2.V bank that was created in PPG 2.V v1.74link: viewtopic.php?f=257&t=418294
- re-save the bank with v1.29
- start Studio One 2.6.5 64-bit and import the bank with the new v2.0 64-bit VST2 plugin
Import to new ppg2v with original dll name ? then i did not understand the meaning of the test, because i already said that also can load presets\banks without problem to new 2v if dll name is original. :arrow:
c_voltage wrote:BTW Yes i rename dll back to standart PPG Wave 2V.dll and after this old presets loads ok. Thus, the renamed dll`s can have some problems yet.
(Perhaps you just didn't notice this).

Ingo please do the same test but with renamed new v2.

Of course, this problem is losing importance (just if for the sake of theoretical interest, maybe), because remains less sense to keep the older version. Since I was able now to import presets in new 2v, I finally convinced them fully compatible (tested at most my complex v129 presets), In general, i satisfied.

c_voltage wrote: Import to new ppg2v with original dll name ? then i did not understand the meaning of the test, because i already said that also can load presets\banks without problem to new 2v if dll name is original. :arrow:
c_voltage wrote:BTW Yes i rename dll back to standart PPG Wave 2V.dll and after this old presets loads ok. Thus, the renamed dll`s can have some problems yet.
(Perhaps you just didn't notice this).

Ingo please do the same test but with renamed new v2.
So it means that you could load your old files into the new v2.0 properly if the plugin name for v2.0 is the original one. In that case i do not see a reason to fix v2.0.

There is no guarantee that using both versions at once (at least in the same plugins folder and host) works properly. In some hosts this seems to work and in others not and sometimes one of the two versions will not work properly.

My test above was to check if a bank re-saved with v1.29 could be loaded with v2.0 in Studio One and that seems to work.

At the end what matters if the patches could be used properly in v2.0 or not and if it does it is not necessary to keep the old version installed at the same time.
Ingo Weidner

Ok, i agree, leave the topic of the previous versions.
c_voltage wrote:Of course, this problem is losing importance, because remains less sense to keep the older version. Since I was able now to import presets in new 2v, I finally convinced them fully compatible (tested at most my complex v129 presets), In general, i satisfied.

Now, concerning to new ppg2v, i have just one wish - not to change anything in his sound engine :lol:
Adding control etc feature - ok, but not to change.

For any case repeat my question from other topic (maybe it was unnoticed :lol: ) - what are new in PPG 3V v1.0.5 (Win) since 1.0.2 ?

c_voltage wrote:For any case repeat my question from other topic (maybe it was unnoticed :lol: ) - what are new in PPG 3V v1.0.5 (Win) since 1.0.2 ?
PPG Wave 3.V v1.0.2 was 32-bit only, with v1.0.5. lots of work was invested to get the plugin compatible with 64-bit, VST3 and also AAX for Pro Tools.
There were tons of new bug introduced (and solved) just by the change to 64-bit and those new formats like VSt3 and AAX while AFAIK also a few that were existing in the "old" 32-bit plugin were solved too. You could not simply convert the existing 32-bit plugin to 64-bit. Some serious new coding was involved with this.
Actually it's what this thread is about (which was started when we did the Beta for the 64-bit updates).

I admit we are not 100% bug free with the plugin yet (for example a remaining one with the AAX plugin) and recently had to invest a lot of work in other software products like e.g. Nave plugin and Waldorf Edition 2. Anyway i recently also started checking PPG Wave 3.V in depth again and you could be sure that the plugin will not be "ignored" in terms of further updates/fixes. I will also have another look on it today.
This year there was alraedy another fix for OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 (the first Yosemite specific fixes had to be done at OSX 10.10.0 while 10.10.1 seemed to be OK). With multiple plugins Yosemite gave us a lot of headaches recently but i hope are able to fix all issues related to this OS.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”