Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph

Sampleconstruct wrote:
deastman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
deastman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Morphing a field recording I made in Seoul some years ago with a dark drone from one of my SoundPacks. This is a rather strange combo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iHJK48uIBs
This sounds INCREDIBLE! :love:

What does your typical field recording kit consist of?
Thank's! I have been using 2 MKH70 shotguns, each one in a big windshield cage with a dead cat around it, both mounted on the same boom (this is heavy but I don't do mono field recordings). At that time I was recording onto a Marantz PMD 671 which I exchanged a while ago for a Tascam HD-P2, as that has better mic preamps.
That's some nice kit!

I often use a single MKH70 (I work in video production) but it never occurred to me to try a stereo pair. It seems like that would be rather cumbersome with two housings and deadcats on a boom, all handheld. I admire your commitment to the craft! I sometimes record to a Tascam DR-100MKII, but honestly my tastes are far less refined than yours... I'm usually content with a handheld Shure VP-88 plugged into a Zoom H4N. :oops:
Mono field works fine for film footage, but for creating soundscapes and deriving music from "found" sounds like I often did in my film soundtrack work for documentaries, it has to be at least stereo. Of course I also use smaller gear for less spectacular purposes, I always carry a Zoom on me, and sometimes a handheld stereo mic also does the job. Sometimes I also use binaural in-ear-mics plugged into a little Zoom, that way people don't notice you're recording as they think you're listening to music - good for capturing ambiences in pedestrian zones, shopping malls, backstage areas and alike.

[/thread derailment]
I'll never go full-on, but I've been very seriously considering the Zoom h6 with all mic options for a while now. The new stereo shotgun attachment comes with a dead cat (as all of them should). Likewise, some say the preamps aren't too bad, and they can provide phantom power. /actual thread derailment
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote: I'll never go full-on, but I've been very seriously considering the Zoom h6 with all mic options for a while now. The new stereo shotgun attachment comes with a dead cat (as all of them should). Likewise, some say the preamps aren't too bad, and they can provide phantom power. /actual thread derailment
At some point this year, I intend to swap out my H4N for an H5 and possibly the shotgun/XLR options. The reviews Ive seen definitely indicate the H5/H6 preamps are a step up from the H4.
We've got an H6 at work if I ever needed 6 inputs, but its a bit too large for an always-with-me unit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Another little morph demo:

https://soundcloud.com/ah_dziz/more-morphing

I've been having fun trying to find musically interesting uses for this. I find the best results come from morphing between things which are very musically similar, but drastically different in timbre. This isn't mixed or anything so hopefully its not crazy load or quiet or anything.

Description: More testing with Zynaptiq Morph: I made three little loops that are very similar musically and then used two instances of Morph to morph between them. At the beginning I have just the Musical parts being morphed, then just the drums, followed by the full loops.
Instruments used: Microtonic, Wavesfactory DrumCircle, A simple 909 kit, Alicia's Keys, Fm8 electric piano, A pad From zebra, Scarbee mmbass, NI Monark, and a vocal sample from loopmasters.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Another little morph demo:

I've been having fun trying to find musically interesting uses for this. I find the best results come from morphing between things which are very musically similar, but drastically different in timbre. This isn't mixed or anything so hopefully its not crazy load or quiet or anything.

Description: More testing with Zynaptiq Morph: I made three little loops that are very similar musically and then used two instances of Morph to morph between them. At the beginning I have just the Musical parts being morphed, then just the drums, followed by the full loops.
Instruments used: Microtonic, Wavesfactory DrumCircle, A simple 909 kit, Alicia's Keys, Fm8 electric piano, A pad From zebra, Scarbee mmbass, NI Monark, and a vocal sample from loopmasters.
That is f'ing cool, man! LOVE where you bring the bass back in @1:10-1:12. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thanks

Ah_Dziz wrote:Another little morph demo:

This is great! Very musical use of Morph, and just a cool track in general.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I demo'd it today and used it in a project to great effect.

It took me a while to find something that worked but as I picked up on what worked and what didn't it all came together.

I've found it superb for sound design tasks, and the fact you have so much scope for morphing means they can animated so well. 8)

I think i'll pick this up once the demo expires for sure as I feel it's actually something i'll use on pretty much every track in some aspect.

I finally brought someone into the studio today to do some serious vocal morphing and now I think I'll have to buy this badboy. Hopefully they'll be adding vst3 support in the nearish future. The developer said it was something they're open to and it would make using morph in cubase way more convenient. Is there a bundle discount if you buy pitchmap and morph together?

JJ

Ah_Dziz wrote:.... Hopefully they'll be adding vst3 support in the nearish future. The developer said it was something they're open to and it would make using morph in cubase way more convenient.

JJ
I bought it as is, but I would be thoroughly stoked if a VST3 version was developed, as I use Cubase also. I find myself blowing off setting up a quad channel and going through the motions. I'm unquestionably lazy.

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!! I just watched the vids for Pitchmap. I own a competing product. The wheels are spinning now. This thing looks amazing. I can see where this would be so cool during composition. Pretty sure I'm in. :tu:

Well that didn't take long. Now I'll just go morph and pitchmap until my heart is content. :party:

Is there a bundle discount for buying pitchmap and morph together?

Can the 32- and 64-bit versions both be installed/used on the same computer with the same license? I make most of my tracks in EnergyXT, but hope to migrate to Studio One later this year.

seismic1 wrote:Can the 32- and 64-bit versions both be installed/used on the same computer with the same license? I make most of my tracks in EnergyXT, but hope to migrate to Studio One later this year.
They can indeed. I never use any of my 32 bit hosts but I still always install the 32 bit plugin versions and do a test run.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Is there a bundle discount for buying pitchmap and morph together?
There's currently no bundle that contains these two, no.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Return to “Effects”