BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Many thanks, Graywolf, that's just what I wanted!

graywolf2004 wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:Thanks, Graywolf, for your detailed reply. Do you know which version had the name 'BlueARP_win64'? I think I deleted some very old versions off my hard drive, are they all still on your site? I can just download a few and try them, presumably once I get one that works, I can use 'Replace' in FL Studio and replace the old BlueARP for a newer one, with the name 'BlueARP.x64'.
The latest one with 'BlueARP_win64' is 1.15b3 (I keep all public versions on my site)
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/BlueARP_v1.15b3.zip
And it's the latest Delphi version. Next version is 2.02 - it's Visual C++ / WDL-OL, I completely re-wrote BlueARP that time to make MAC version possible.

This last version on Win 7x64, Cubase 8.05 Pro x64 the plugin goes crazy.
Generates its own Noise, and there is no way to shut it off. Something is very wrong with it.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

It's been like that for several versions on Cubase now. I guess graywolf doesn't have a Cubase to test, or doesn't know what could cause the noise. Unusable on Cubase for me unfortunately.

For me only this last version, all the others worked fine.

BasariStudios wrote:This last version on Win 7x64, Cubase 8.05 Pro x64 the plugin goes crazy.
Generates its own Noise, and there is no way to shut it off. Something is very wrong with it.
Looks like I re-introduced this noise bug in the latest version. I'll check it.
I know what causes this noise. Just didn't jet spend enough time to re-write this peace of code carefully.

Thanks Oleg, let me know if you need some testing, i can do Cubase 6.5 and 8.05 Pro.

Is there any chance of getting midi keyboard pitch input.

Press keys to set pitches in sequencer ?

topaz wrote:Is there any chance of getting midi keyboard pitch input.

Press keys to set pitches in sequencer ?
Isn't that exactly what an arpeggiator does :D It is the main difference between a sequencer and an arpeggiator.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

No, what I mean is you actually programme it from your keyboard.

So the pitch faders change with midi input, not mouse input.

topaz wrote:No, what I mean is you actually programme it from your keyboard.

So the pitch faders change with midi input, not mouse input.
For that you need a sequencer with step-mode input. Again, something you would expect on a sequencer rather then on a arpeggiator.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Hi all. Still no update, I have quite a busy time on my dayjob (several working saturdays or sundays), so I only cound spent a couple of hours per week on BlueARP. I feel bad about this, but nothing I can do. Development is something I can't do after a working day, when my head is messed up, only on weekends.
Still experimenting with force to scale and exploring music theory about different scales (yet I implemented only basic major / minor / pentatonic - the scales I knew)

Meanwhile I felt a need to make some music and made this. Of course, using BlueARP a lot. I don't play bass line live here, but bluearp helped me to find the perfect pattern for this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJzDeogXIOc

:D
Good work!
:clap:

Really looking forward to an AU version! =D

Hi Everyone

I have just found this amazing VST but I'm having issues getting it to work with logic x please please!!! could someone help me i have put the VST file into the library/audio/plug-ins/VST folder but when I open logic x it won't detect the vst, i have even tried copying the entire folder but logic still refuses to acknowledge it, am i doing something wrong or is it not compatible with logic x (il be gutted) as a note i also have 32lives and that can't detect it either, appreciate it if anyone could help please, thanks

solestrial wrote:Hi Everyone

I have just found this amazing VST but I'm having issues getting it to work with logic x please please!!! could someone help me i have put the VST file into the library/audio/plug-ins/VST folder but when I open logic x it won't detect the vst, i have even tried copying the entire folder but logic still refuses to acknowledge it, am i doing something wrong or is it not compatible with logic x (il be gutted) as a note i also have 32lives and that can't detect it either, appreciate it if anyone could help please, thanks
Logic doesn't use VST plug-ins, only Audio Units (AU).
And from SoundRadix' webpage:
"32 Lives is a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter, and is compatible with virtually all 64-bit Audio-Units host applications." (my boldface)

Again, AUs – not VSTs.

Don't your read instructions? ;-)

As you seem to be on Mac OS, use Live 9, for instance. Or maybe Tracktion (if you can stand the bugs).

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”