Omnisphere - all work lost

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

This is very annoying. Yesterday I started a new project in Ableton and I worked for several hours programing some patches in Omnisphere. I had 4 patches loaded in a Multi in one instance of Omnisphere.
Today, when I opened the project, all the patches (parts) are empty (default settings) :o
Only the settings for the Multi were kept (level, pan, aux, midi channel and output channel for every part).

WTF happened? :bang:

This has happened to me in the past with Omnisphere and RMX....Support will tell you what to do to ensure it doesn't happen again.
It hasnt' happened again for me, but it certainly encouraged me to save each patch and multi I use for omnisphere, both within omnisphere and within Cubendo.
Sorry to hear.

rsp
sound sculptist

KTlin wrote:Hi guys

This is very annoying. Yesterday I started a new project in Ableton and I worked for several hours programing some patches in Omnisphere. I had 4 patches loaded in a Multi in one instance of Omnisphere.
Today, when I opened the project, all the patches (parts) are empty (default settings) :o
Only the settings for the Multi were kept (level, pan, aux, midi channel and output channel for every part).

WTF happened? :bang:
Did you actually save the patches? If you don't save the patches they won't save with the multi. If you did save the individual patches then they should be in the patch portion of your browser. All you then have to do is find them and load them into your multi.

But every DAW afaik should save the parameters of each plugin, whether you save the patch or not within the plugin.
rsp
sound sculptist

wagtunes wrote: Did you actually save the patches? If you don't save the patches they won't save with the multi. If you did save the individual patches then they should be in the patch portion of your browser. All you then have to do is find them and load them into your multi.
No, I didn't. But as zvenx said, I was sure all the settings in the patches will be saved with the project, even if I didn't save each patch.

KTlin wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Did you actually save the patches? If you don't save the patches they won't save with the multi. If you did save the individual patches then they should be in the patch portion of your browser. All you then have to do is find them and load them into your multi.
No, I didn't. But as zvenx said, I was sure all the settings in the patches will be saved with the project, even if I didn't save each patch.
Well, I'm just speaking from experience. If I bring up a multi and say load up the first 4 slots with "patches" but don't save the patches upon saving the multi, when I bring the multi back up, the "patches" will be gone and all set back to default.

Always save ALL your work. I learned this lesson the hard way many years ago.

wagtunes wrote:
KTlin wrote:
Well, I'm just speaking from experience. If I bring up a multi and say load up the first 4 slots with "patches" but don't save the patches upon saving the multi, when I bring the multi back up, the "patches" will be gone and all set back to default.

Always save ALL your work. I learned this lesson the hard way many years ago.
I also agree this is a valuable work ethic, that I too learned the hard way.

Although my first response which spoke of this happening to me, was using saved patches....
fortunately I always name my track name after my presets, so I was able to recreate.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for your help, guys! :tu:

This seems to be an issue only with Omnisphere. When I use Halion I never save patches or Multis and when I reopen the project, all the settings are there.

I heard this things happening on Trilian too for single patches, so you must save the patch if you want to have it again and reload every time you open that project.... :nutter:

Passing Bye wrote:I heard this things happening on Trilian too for single patches, so you must save the patch if you want to have it again and reload every time you open that project.... :nutter:
:nutter: indeed

And here's some more. I just created another project, like the one I did yesterday, just to test this issue, and although I didn't save the patches and the Multi, this time, when I reopened the project everything was there. :roll:
So it looks like there's some sort of bug here, and only sometimes the settings for the patches and Multi in Omnisphere don't get saved with the project. That explains why I didn't get this weird issue before, and why I was so sure I don't have to save manually every patch and the Multi.

KTlin wrote:Thanks for your help, guys! :tu:

This seems to be an issue only with Omnisphere. When I use Halion I never save patches or Multis and when I reopen the project, all the settings are there.
Imagine you have to do that for all your VSTs - ridiculous..must be a bug indeed.

Btw are you on 32 or 64 bit OS and DAW?
I seem to think it is memory related.
Mine was anyway.

there is a file support will ask you to remove and let omnisphere rebuild.
Since I did that it hasnt' happened again and that might have been four or five years ago. Back then I was on Windows XP 32 bit..
But still messed up when it happens the first time.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Btw are you on 32 or 64 bit OS and DAW?
there is a file support will ask you to remove and let omnisphere rebuild.
Since I did that it hasnt' happened again and that might have been four or five years ago.
I'm running Ableton Live 64bit on Windows 7 64bit.

How did you do that rebuild process for Omnisphere? Did you just uninstall and reinstall it?

Tnx

nope.
just one file that has to be deleted and omnisphere builds it back next time.
ask support.
rsp
sound sculptist

I don't use Omnisphere but in Stylus 32bit, I used to have situations where if a bit too much RAM was being used in the project, when reloading the project individual sounds/parts would all be missing from the multi. Highly aggravating. I too learned with that with spectrasonics you have to save your multi's/patches.

It's not this way with most other manufactures -that I use anyways.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

Return to “Instruments”