Is My Stage Name Good Enough?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about JAH R33F3R ? Yah man we be jam on . Nah I'm.just mess in .... I like your logo , I will say that ... A lot of names are stupid ..look at Korn ( corn ) , Limp biscuit , the Beatles . the cars , the doors . Niki Minaj we know that's fake heheheee . I mean really who cares about the name . I do like the logo though with the red in there and straight lines and sheeet . Maybe get a vocalist to do some stuff or remix some people stuff to change it up a bit and add some spice to your tracks ...

You could call yourself...

.................7h3................
0r4n63 b4n4n4

GRIEF3R is just terrible. There, I said it.
GRIEF3R wrote:My inspirational artists: Daft-Punk, Skrillex, Deadmau5, Nero and Martin Garrix all have exceptionally good names. My name 'GRIEF3R' doesn't seem to fit in and it will tell someone that I like to grief people. Basically, I feel like it is holding me back from getting more views...
Since your main concern seems to be fitting in with the cool kids and being accepted, why not just call yourself DJ Tr3ndChas3r, or DJ WannaB3?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I advise 'Grover'. Probably token.

cryophonik wrote:GRIEF3R is just terrible. There, I said it.
GRIEF3R wrote:My inspirational artists: Daft-Punk, Skrillex, Deadmau5, Nero and Martin Garrix all have exceptionally good names. My name 'GRIEF3R' doesn't seem to fit in and it will tell someone that I like to grief people. Basically, I feel like it is holding me back from getting more views...
Since your main concern seems to be fitting in with the cool kids and being accepted, why not just call yourself DJ Tr3ndChas3r, or DJ WannaB3?
So THAT's how you fit in with the cool kids. From now on, I shall be the artist know as #gH3TT-ho-sinTH!

REAP3R D GRIEF3R

There's whole potential than for logo, something in Cockos style

and you can dress yourself like reaper too, that could be your thing, maybe custom design some clothes, hoody or whatever it's called...

And please don't use numbers instead of letters :cry:

Based on your name, something like Mat G, but I don't know should you attach strings on it, if you catch my drift :hihi:
Last edited by Passing Bye on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Disco Stu

Kriminal wrote:Disco Stu
Yeah, good and obvious one, already taken :tu:

B#

DJ Flabbyass?

Seriously, just go with M.G. Vaughan.

cwig wrote:B#
This is actually pretty awesome one, potential of using bee's, "Hey, I'm bee and sharp" :lol: :hyper: :wheee:

Endorsed by U-He Hive :party:

OP, the name you've chosen/are using, does imply what you fear most, yes. This:
mrsheen wrote:Wouldn't worry so much about your name...focus on expanding and improving your music, and your audience won't give a shit what you're called...even if it's something like "Jeffrey's Raging Scrotum Itch"
... and this:
murnau wrote:Your real name is good enough - sure you can short it to Matt Vaugh or something but really? Concentrate on producing!
fwiw: Matt Vaughan, is a good, and easily remembered 'name'.

keep it simple.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Agree that music should speak more, but catchy name didn't killed anyone, on contrary, even gave more attention.

I know it did it for me, I mean, Astral Projection for example, projection, it's awesome just saying that out loud.

Especially today where there are so many folks, name does actually helps a bit, you can search for it later on or whatever, attach some marketing stuff to it, do something in conjunction with it that can give you more attention, that kinda of stuff are important if one is up to making it big in this saturated market.

Mat Vaughan is good, but than you should also look rather handsome and have really special/signature music that will celebrate your name, if you don't own any of those, stick to gimmicks like catchy names and stage costumes&stuff. :tu:

IMO keep your name for some more serious project when you are done with rebel stuff, than you can be Mat Vaughan from (insert that project name) and actually have a go on something you would like to do at that point without compromising other for which your are know for and still you can deliver both ways.

I see personal name like something you are proud of and what really represents you, so don't use it that easily when you are 15 and you want to have fun doing what's hot :tu:

Or not, I mean, who knows, right now you would be only Mat Vaughan on entire Soundcloud and with few more random hits from search engine, that's good, but as Matt Vaughan you aren't in that luck and most people would attach another "t" to it, so there's that :tu:

Hope I gave you enough for consideration, hit me with PM if you like to go about it more or just chat up, you never know who are behind all this forum names :tu:
Last edited by Passing Bye on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

MATH or MATH3MATICS or MATH-MATIX
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:MATH or MATH3MATICS or MATH-MATIX
That's IT!!! :wink:

Math Vaughan
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”