Waldorf Music at NAMM 2015: Nave for PC/Mac, Waldorf Edition 2, Attack for iOS, nw1 Eurorack module

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Looks like B&H Photovideo are taking orders already. :D

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... u_aax.html

AVID just announced the release of Pro Tools 12. My own version for testing is v11.3.1 at the moment (on Windows 7 64-bit). Not sure if and when i will be able to also test in the new version 12.

No idea if the current Waldorf AAX plugins could create specific problems in Pro Tools version 12. I am sure that someone at Waldorf will check this ASAP.

AFAIK there will also be a free version of Pro Tools ("Pro Toools First") with the new version. Will try to test in this free version as soon as it is available.

64-bit AAX plugins (for Pro Tols 11 and higher) are currently available for Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition v1.74, Waldorf Edition 2.0 and also in the upcoming Nave PC/Mac plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo, any news or rumors about the release of Nave vst? I'm waiting very impatienly for it :P

cpu28 wrote:Ingo, any news or rumors about the release of Nave vst? I'm waiting very impatienly for it :P
At the end of the previous page i posted two links with sources for official informations. Even if i would know more than what is posted there i would not be allowed to talk about it yet...
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Any chance we can get waldorf to put update news on their website vs facebook? Not everyone uses it.

I can't also not talked about because I'm also beta tester but but but the developer Rolf talk at the german youtube channel musotalk that Nave will coming very probably for Musikmesse in April (15 - 18 April) ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Nice that the first one has it already in stock but interesting is it that the beta testing program is not over. We are coming more close to a proper release version but official released is it not ;) I think April is a good month when they will be not more problems ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

DodgingRain wrote:Any chance we can get waldorf to put update news on their website vs facebook? Not everyone uses it.
For the news at the Waldorf Facebook page you do not have to be logged in.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I don't even want to look at a facebooksite

Hi,

i just received a PM from a KVR member that wanted a refund due to too many bugs in Waldorf Edition 2 (in this case at OSX).

I already sent a reply but also wnat to give some general comments about this:

1.) As i mentioned multiple time at more than one thread we are currently working hard on bug fixes and already finshed some for Windows and OSX.

2.) I am involved with testing for Waldorf Edition 2 (and some other Waldorf software) but i am not responsible for Sales or refunds. In that case Waldorf has to be contacted officially.

3.) The fact that i am posting here at KVR and usually try to be helpful does not mean i am the official Waldorf representatve at KVR to who all kinds of requests could be forwared. I am also not directly involved with the official Support of Waldorf (even if sometimes i receive forwared e-mails from them for testing certain stuff).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Much appreciated, Ingo. Cheers.

I had created a dedicated thread about the Waldorf Edition 2 presets for different plugin formats:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6100491

This was already mentioned in other threads but could easily get lost in other discussions.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

We currently prepare a first official update for the Waldorf Edition 2 that should be published after a few additional tests of the new installer.

THis will NOT include bug fixes for all available bug reports, That most likely will take some more weeks after that first update.

Some examples for fixes:
- A crash when using a Sample in Attack in combination with envelope pitch modulation set to maximum was solved.
- Now automation parameters for the new Attack Effects should be available and those also seem to work in Live 9 now, including the correct names for the automation parameters (the implementation there seems to work slightly different than in other hosts like e.g. in Cubase).
- Also the automatic detection for the selection of the skin size was improved. With some displays (including my old Sony VAIO notebook) there was a problem with this (and a workaround). The problem was that the bigger size was used on Full HD dispay whie the big skin is for 4K/Ultra HD/Retina displays.
- The Random feature in PPG Wave 2.V finally seems to work now after many years (was also broken in v1.2.9 which is the oldest version i got at the moment).

More details when the official update is released.
Ingo Weidner

Can someone tell me why the IOS Attack is not offered for PCs as VSTi.
This IOS Attack is much better featurewise than the Attack from Waldorf Edition 2.
I have bought the Waldorf Edition 2 upgrade because of Attack, but if there would be IOS Attack available for PCs I would also buy it.
I think there would be a lot of people who would buy IOS Attack for PC/Mac.
Why do the Waldorf people offer a better Attack for IOS than for PC/Mac.
I think they still have to learn something about marketing.

As promised several times the first official update v2.0.1 for the Waldorf Edition 2 is available as a download for Windows and OSX now:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we-2

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

This does NOT include all fixes for reported bugs yet, another update should follow ASAP (up to a few weeks from now on). We did not want to wait with the first update until really everything is fixed.
We apologize if a fix for a bug you reported here is not included yet.
Those we still have problems with is the bugs reported concerning cutoff notes wit hPPG Wave 2.V and Sync problems with the Delay in Attack (both originally reported at OSX). Opposing to the original reports those seem to be more or less random and not easy to fix.

A list of fixes included with the current update v2.0.1:

D-Pole
-----
- VST3 + AAX Presets added to the installer (*.vstpreset + *.tfx files)
- Solved: Credits page missing at VST3 - not fixed in OSX
- solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)

PPG Wave 2.V
----
- solved: Problems and crashes when importing fxb files (OSX)
- Solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)
- Solved: Random feature does not work properly
- Solved: Crash with the Random feature in PPG Wave 2.V (OSX)
- Solved: Random feature does not work in AAX Plugin
(changed to Ctrl+Leftclick on AKKU for the AAX on Windows, stays ALT+Leftclick on AKKU for other formats and on OSX)

Attack
------
- updated/fixed fxp files for factory kits (now 2 audio outputs maximum)
- Audio outputs now excluded from the Random kit and Random Sound features (now always Output 1 used)
- Solved: Crashes with combination of Samples + Pitch envelope modulation (all plugin formats)
- Solved: Crashes when switching Samples (OSX)
- Solved: Compatibiility issues with importing Delay settings fom version 1.x
- Solved: Switching polyphonic Instruments with track MIDI channel (VST3 + AAX)
- Solved: Fine resolution of dials doesn´t work (works using teh SHIFT button)
- Solved: Bigger GUI appears at Full HD display (automatic detection issue)
- Solved: Wrong audio output naming in host (similar in all plugin formats now)
- Solved: Effects automation parameters names in Live 9 + missing parameters

NOTE:
Generally for OSX + Logic issues in some cases it is also recommended to reset the Logic preferences files and/or delete the corresponding PLIST files). I do not use OSX so i could not help much there...
In the past this seemed to solve some issues that were reported as bugs.

Concerning the Presets for multiple plugin formats (and also for Bitwig Studio) there is a dedicated thread here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6100491

I also added a PPG Wave 2.V Init bank in different formats there.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”