Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

double post
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:FM seems to be possible with the 6 standard waveforms and the 3 samples that were also included in the old version (first 3 in the list) but not with the new samples.
Yes, it what i talking about.
Ingonator wrote:UPDATE:I did not seem to be completely right there. If i use the new samples as a modulator (in Osc 2) they seem to have an efect at the result of the FM.
Oh, hmm yes, thus work, thanks for some trick, interesting result btw.
Well, ofcourse it would be good if new samples also would be fm-ed via upper fm knob in first osc, but it not critical ofcourse (most important that pure waves do it) , just i thought perhaps some bug..

Ingonator wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Numanoid wrote:So why didn't Waldorf say that they were going to give away the Waldorf 2 LE edition ? :?

I would prefer spending my money on the upgrade to the full version, instead of buying LE 2 which then quickly was set free :help:
I found this now after a little search but it is not mentioned at the official Waldorf website and also not at the Waldorf Facebook. also seems to be limited to a short time. Does not seem to be an official Waldorf sale or did i miss something?
So...there is or isn't a free version of Waldorf 2 LE? I'm a bit lost here, I'll admit. As Ingo says, there's nothing on Waldorf's website about it being free, so I'm not sure how this rumor got started.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

c_voltage wrote:
Ingonator wrote:FM seems to be possible with the 6 standard waveforms and the 3 samples that were also included in the old version (first 3 in the list) but not with the new samples.
Yes, it what i talking about.
Ingonator wrote:UPDATE:I did not seem to be completely right there. If i use the new samples as a modulator (in Osc 2) they seem to have an efect at the result of the FM.
Oh, hmm yes, thus work, thanks for some trick, interesting result btw.
Well, of course it would be good if new samples also would be fm-ed via upper fm knob in first osc, but it not critical ofcourse (most important that pure waves do it) , just i thought perhaps some bug..
You still need the FM knob in any way. The new samples just do not seem have an effect as a "carrier" (loaded in in Osc 1) but they seem to work as a "modulator" (loaded in Osc 2). For Fm you always need two oscillators (or operators) so there is only one FM knob.
Ingo Weidner

comment deleted (the discused discount seems to be legal)
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

c_voltage wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Well I honestly bought into Waldorf Edition 2 thinking it would be a good update. Now I'm selling it in case anyone wants to buy it for cheap.
And what's the problem? What's not to like?
Too much feature overlap for me, i already own quite a few products that can do much better jobs at the functions that these do (Tremor,Geist, Massive, Zebra2, The Drop etc). I guess i was expecting some kind of mind boggling update done on the synthesis engine of Attack but I was wrong. It was an impulse purchase on my part, I don't dislike it, i just think I already own stuff that does better jobs than these plugins have to offer me.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Ingonator wrote:
planetearth wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Numanoid wrote:So why didn't Waldorf say that they were going to give away the Waldorf 2 LE edition ? :?

I would prefer spending my money on the upgrade to the full version, instead of buying LE 2 which then quickly was set free :help:
I found this now after a little search but it is not mentioned at the official Waldorf website and also not at the Waldorf Facebook. also seems to be limited to a short time. Does not seem to be an official Waldorf sale or did i miss something?
So...there is or isn't a free version of Waldorf 2 LE? I'm a bit lost here, I'll admit. As Ingo says, there's nothing on Waldorf's website about it being free, so I'm not sure how this rumor got started.

Steve
What i found so far seems to be a bit confusing and i am not sure if this is legal at all (which is why i did not post many details about what i found). Maybe will have to ask at Waldorf about this.
Ah, okay. Thanks, Ingo. I don't want to do anything illegal--especially now that I've told everyone on here about it! :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:So...there is or isn't a free version of Waldorf 2 LE? I'm a bit lost here, I'll admit. As Ingo says, there's nothing on Waldorf's website about it being free, so I'm not sure how this rumor got started.
It is good if Waldorf make up their mind, it's kind of annoying buying stuff, and then some free online code gives it away for nothing.

I mean, if a code works in the Waldorf shop, obviously Waldorf must know about it.

PM sent
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:You still need the FM knob in any way. The new samples just do not seem have an effect as a "carrier" (loaded in in Osc 1) but they seem to work as a "modulator" (loaded in Osc 2). For Fm you always need two oscillators (or operators) so there is only one FM knob.
Oh, rather yes, I wrote a little bit wrong, well you understand what I mean )) (so that they would can be modulated as well as the first three old sample)
V0RT3X wrote:Too much feature overlap for me, i already own quite a few products that can do much better jobs at the functions that these do (Tremor,Geist, Massive, Zebra2, The Drop etc). I guess i was expecting some kind of mind boggling update done on the synthesis engine of Attack but I was wrong. It was an impulse purchase on my part, I don't dislike it, i just think I already own stuff that does better jobs than these plugins have to offer me.
Ok, i understand. Well, need to be a fan of Waldorf\design philosophy to feel the charm of this, this is a different approach, and sound (as result).
Also need note that Tremor does not have sinus wave in osc, what for me for example a significant limitation in drum machine sound. About CPU load even will not mention. (although I also love Tremor for other things).
Well, in general of course a matter of taste\intention.

Also small moment, D-Pole have 15 presets by default, but in his D-Pole Presets folder are 33 presets (convenient would be to shove them default in the plugin).

Ingonator wrote:PM sent
Why did you delete it? :?

I am getting crashes in Studio One 2 Pro when dragging Largo or Wave 3 on to a track from the Browser panel. Seems to be more stable with AU (but still with the occasional crash) but I've given up all hope of using the VST versions on Yosemite. Too many crashes (OS X 10.10.2). Studio One is normally rock solid with other plugins.

Nightpolymath wrote:I am getting crashes in Studio One 2 Pro when dragging Largo or Wave 3 on to a track from the Browser panel. Seems to be more stable with AU (but still with the occasional crash) but I've given up all hope of using the VST versions on Yosemite. Too many crashes (OS X 10.10.2). Studio One is normally rock solid with other plugins.
We recently had lots of reported probems with Yosemite at multiple products, especially OSX 10.10.2 and also with the latest versions of Logic X. There were already fixes for OSX 10.10.2 but it looks like more could be necessary. Did you use the latest versiopn from the website? AFAIK the last OSX update for Largo and PPG Wave 3.V is from March 11th. This was mentioend at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Also some of the remaining bugs in Waldorf Edition 2 (on which we are currently working) seem to be somehow related to using OSX 10.10.2.

One problem is also that i could test in multiple hosts including Studio One but only at Windows 7 64-bit. This is why for OSX bugs i have to rely on the results of the testers (e.g. replicating bugs etc.).
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”