Achieving the Avicii country guitar/banjo sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I'm interested in making something similar to Avicii's banjo/guitar sound. How does he make this?

Is it possible via plugins?

you can hear it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_9-k8-xFNc

sounds like really smooth guitars and banjos. Any recommended production technique or VST for this?

Thanks!
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

no one?
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

Avicii gets someone to record an actuall instrument when its needed, He has said it in a interview somewhere

PenThoX wrote:Avicii gets someone to record an actuall instrument when its needed, He has said it in a interview somewhere
sure but any vst that can replicate this close enough? or is it too hard to program? thanks

I found some great ukulele plugins that sound similar. But what instruments do you think is involved in this guitar loop?

Is it a banjo or ukulele and an acoustic guitar? It's hard to tell. HELP PLEASE!

btw this title is wrong, it isn't avicii, it's only Steve aoki on this song. I doubt they take the time and record real live instruments for all the tracks they produce. There must be some VST or something...

I don't really know any good guitar or banjo type of VST's, but there will probably be some out there. You have to google it I guess.

But if you really want to get some good guitar sounds, i recommend buying a decent microphone (you have some good ones around 150 bucks) and start recording. You can record in your own living room, or maybe your bedroom, if it has nice acoustics.

If you can't play the guitar, ask a friend or find a guitar player at some art school or wherever.

Good luck and have fun man :)

hjelsma93 wrote:I don't really know any good guitar or banjo type of VST's, but there will probably be some out there. You have to google it I guess.

But if you really want to get some good guitar sounds, i recommend buying a decent microphone (you have some good ones around 150 bucks) and start recording. You can record in your own living room, or maybe your bedroom, if it has nice acoustics.

If you can't play the guitar, ask a friend or find a guitar player at some art school or wherever.

Good luck and have fun man :)
great tips! thank you alot.

Although it does sound like several instruments, I'm sure I wont be able to get the same result if recording it myself. It's hard to hear if it's 1 guitar or several other instruments around it. What do you think?

thanks.

The banjo is an awesome instrument but IMO it can't be replicated by a computer without losing the musicality.

You can get something that sounds like it but strap on a thumb pick and get twangy. you'll hear the difference.

Well, young feller, you just gotta git yourself back to the roots of this style of music :hihi: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY

RyanSeong wrote:The banjo is an awesome instrument but IMO it can't be replicated by a computer without losing the musicality.

You can get something that sounds like it but strap on a thumb pick and get twangy. you'll hear the difference.
I actually think it's an ukulele not a banjo. Atleast it sounds like that to my ears.

Return to “Sound Design”