PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

I don't know why people bother posting WIP GUIs on threads. The ensuing 28 pages is just tedious.

nineofkings wrote:I don't know why people bother posting WIP GUIs on threads. The ensuing 28 pages is just tedious.
My suggestion is that ENV1 and me are continuing behind the scenes with the development of the GUI. We already had plenty of feedback in this forum which guides us on the right track.

Hopefully we will manage to assemble a working version with the new GUI soon(ish).

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote:My suggestion is that ENV1 and me are continuing behind the scenes with the development of the GUI. We already had plenty of feedback in this forum which guides us on the right track.
Yep, just read and replied to your PM.

Please check.

[edit.]
Last edited by jbuonacc on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Opinions vary apparently.

Obviously, some of us enjoy talking GUI design-though it does get "tedious" at times.

My little contribution to the tedium:

This was posted earlier:

The contrast between the slider caps and the darker slots make it easier to read or so I find. The red "synthesizer programmer" text is so small it blurs into an emphatic little red bar under PG-800.

And the ML logo, a take-off on the now dated but instantly recognizable Roland logo, is fine and fun. Perhaps the VST is an unnecessary addition.

Talking GUI design gives us something to do as we eagerly await further sonic developments!

:)
바보

bftucker wrote: Talking GUI design gives us something to do as we eagerly await further sonic developments!
Sonically, it should be mostly done. Over the weekend I want to check once more the ADSR timings, and possibly tweak the VCA response a bit, but that should not change the sound massively.

Also function-wise, I would consider it mainly done, apart from possible bug reports, if there are any.

Cheers,
Martin

Would you consider some sort of user definable init bank? Pretty please?

jbuonacc wrote:apologies for editing your work (i'll remove it)
No need, i dont mind people making suggestions. :)

(I myself wont post wipshots anymore though, Martin and I will continue this in private now.)
bftucker wrote:This was posted earlier:

grey image
Its probably the most wrong looking of all, but looking at all the different pics out there its definitely the one i like the most.
jbuonacc wrote:Talking GUI design gives us something to do as we eagerly await further sonic developments!

Yeah, its odd how some people feel 'harassed' by somebody elses trying to make a positive contribution. In the old days, people used to be happy and grateful when people worked together to create cool stuff for free. Today, if youre really unlucky, youre being treated like a Jehovas Witness knocking at the door at 5:30 on a Sunday morning. I will never understand this.

ENV1 wrote:[
Yeah, its odd how some people XXX,... I will never understand this.
Have you heard about the man with a head like an orange? I have tweaked my theology and now it begins to make sense -- sorta.

Putting the surd back into the ab-surd.

:wink:
바보

Bump. Is it still in beta or what is the status?
Image Image

martin_l wrote: Sonically, it should be mostly done. Over the weekend I want to check once more the ADSR timings, and possibly tweak the VCA response a bit, but that should not change the sound massively.

Also function-wise, I would consider it mainly done, apart from possible bug reports, if there are any.

Cheers,
Martin
Over a month now. Perfection is impossible!

Yes...please give us a status report.
:ud:
바보

Yes please :)
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

Hi, I found out some info on something I was asking about earlier relating to recording mod wheel movements in LMMS ;

it's kind of explained here, that the Mod wheel is not exposed to the host:

https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1717

Is that some that could be updated to the mod wheel is exposed to the host?

Thanks!

Hi all!
Does anyone know where to find CPJXWIN the utility to dump JX8P via SysEx?
many thanks and all the best

a.

lalo wrote:Hi all!
Does anyone know where to find CPJXWIN the utility to dump JX8P via SysEx?
many thanks and all the best

a.
https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=CPJXWIN

how is this coming along btw? last word on the fb page is "waiting on more graphics from ENV"
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”