SampleTank 3 update now released - new sounds, Custom Shop, more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

planetearth wrote:How were we supposed to find out about this update? I'm a registered ST3 user, but I received no e-mail about this. When I loaded ST3 into a project just now, it didn't alert me of an update.

All of the ST3 updates I've been "notified" about so far have come from accidentally stumbling over threads like this on KVR.

Steve
We sent out an email newsletter about it. Please check your junk/spam folder and if you use Gmail it may be under the automatically-created "Promotions" tab. If you still don't have it, please let support know and they'll check whether there's some other issue keeping you from receiving the newsletters.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
planetearth wrote:How were we supposed to find out about this update? I'm a registered ST3 user, but I received no e-mail about this. When I loaded ST3 into a project just now, it didn't alert me of an update.

All of the ST3 updates I've been "notified" about so far have come from accidentally stumbling over threads like this on KVR.

Steve
We sent out an email newsletter about it. Please check your junk/spam folder and if you use Gmail it may be under the automatically-created "Promotions" tab. If you still don't have it, please let support know and they'll check whether there's some other issue keeping you from receiving the newsletters.
Thanks Peter, but I already checked my spam folder before asking about it. I don't receive any e-mail from IKMM in general, but I don't know how much promotional material you send. All I'm really concerned about are the updates.

If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't even know I was supposed to notify support.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Have you fired 'Marvin', 'Ella,' et al, and found some real singers yet? :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This is the second update that really does nothing for me in terms of my work flow or sounds. Not complaining...but just sayin. So my question is simply this: Are their any bugfixes included, and if so what are they?

LAGinz wrote:This is the second update that really does nothing for me in terms of my work flow or sounds. Not complaining...but just sayin. So my question is simply this: Are their any bugfixes included, and if so what are they?
There are usually fixes with each release - do you have a particular issue that has been reported and would like to know about? If there is something not listed on the release notes, please let me know or you can also reply to your ticket about it and support can check on it for you.

The only problem I am aware of is long loading times for the very large samples. Apart from that though, why can't you just indicate what the bug fixes are? There might be a bug I haven't found yet. Why does that continue to be such a hard question for you guys? Its like nothing ever changes on these seemingly simple questions. I know it is your sales goal to get every one on board with the new update so they will buy into the Custom Shop scenario, but I have no interest in EDM or the small graphical tweaks you've made. So the only way I know if adding this chunk of data to my hard drive is by asking you about bug fixes. Is that really too much to ask?

Contact support.............
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

But seriously I've been hoping for the Custom Shop to be part of SampleTank 3 (don't know why it wasn't just added to begin with but whatever).

But there's nothing in the shop yet I want to I'll just skip the update until something comes along I do want. I'm sure there will be a bug fix release before then anyway.........

Add these.....again.....to the Feature request list. User Customizable Macros and the ability to turn off the Sustain Pedal for selected Parts (this one I did contact Support about quite some time ago).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bombadil wrote:Have you fired 'Marvin', 'Ella,' et al, and found some real singers yet? :hihi:
Kinda like Ella.
On topic: ST3.5 updates ran smoothly :tu:

LAGinz wrote:The only problem I am aware of is long loading times for the very large samples. Apart from that though, why can't you just indicate what the bug fixes are? There might be a bug I haven't found yet. Why does that continue to be such a hard question for you guys? Its like nothing ever changes on these seemingly simple questions. I know it is your sales goal to get every one on board with the new update so they will buy into the Custom Shop scenario, but I have no interest in EDM or the small graphical tweaks you've made. So the only way I know if adding this chunk of data to my hard drive is by asking you about bug fixes. Is that really too much to ask?
If it is not on the release notes/what's new list I would not know if a particular fix for an issue you're having has been fixed. I don't think it atypical for any company to suggest that one stays updated for best results with any product, and for reasons other than sales, but I see your point as well which is why I suggested you follow up with support on your reported issues to help you choose the best option that suits you. I'll relay your request for a more specific list of every fix for releases, thank you.

Fleer wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Have you fired 'Marvin', 'Ella,' et al, and found some real singers yet? :hihi:
Kinda like Ella.
On topic: ST3.5 updates ran smoothly :tu:
Good to hear on both points. :tu:

is there a list about the improvements/bugfixes from 3.0 to 3.5?

thanks in advance

TrekStar wrote:is there a list about the improvements/bugfixes from 3.0 to 3.5?

thanks in advance
contact Support

sorry could not resist :hihi:

I bet Support hates Peter................ :lol:

If the answer is "contact support," then what is the question? :-P
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Return to “Instruments”