Is My Stage Name Good Enough?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have use the Stage Name 'GRIEF3R' since I started Producing/DJing around 3-4 years ago. My inspirational artists: Daft-Punk, Skrillex, Deadmau5, Nero and Martin Garrix all have exceptionally good names. My name 'GRIEF3R' doesn't seem to fit in and it will tell someone that I like to grief people. Basically, I feel like it is holding me back from getting more views and positive views as the name griefer gives a negative first impression.

Basically, I need some HONEST help on whether you think the name is good enough.

Of course if you wish, you can suggest a new name.

To help, my real name is Mathew George Vaughan. I produce and DJ Electronic Dance Music. Mainly big room and house. I am also 15 years of age.

PLEASE give tips on choosing a better name which seems more positive, for example, Martijn Garritsen, or Martin Garrix got his name by making it shorter and easy to remember. Deadmau5 done the same thing, but instead of his real name, he used the name deadmouse, but it was too long to use as a username so he shortened it to deadmau5.

Please help, you don't realize how much it means to me as I really want a good reflection for who I am, as well as being able to make a good logo out of it, such as the + x logo which Martin Garrix has, or the 3 red lines skrillex has etc...

Anyway, thanks so much if you have commented and for reading!

No!

What amazed me is that nobody has taken the name "Blowin' in the wind"

If you need an artist alias that is it!

Thanks for the reply Numanoid. But Blowin' in the Wind is not what I am trying to look for. Thanks though! :)

Blowin' in the wind is one of the most well known tracks ever.

I'm amazed that on Discosgs there are no artists using that alias.

You could shorten it to BIT3

Wouldn't worry so much about your name...focus on expanding and improving your music, and your audience won't give a shit what you're called...even if it's something like "Jeffrey's Raging Scrotum Itch"

How about R33F3R?

Btw i wouldn't put the fact your 15yo out there, it might actually turn people away. Just let your music do the talking, stick with the name and start doing better promotion.
:borg:

Your real name is good enough - sure you can short it to Matt Vaugh or something but really? Concentrate on producing!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

V0RT3X wrote:How about R33F3R?

Btw i wouldn't put the fact your 15yo out there, it might actually turn people away.
or attract people youd rather not...

Some guy has made a pretty good career of calling himself Duran Duran Duran :lol:

vurt wrote:

Btw i wouldn't put the fact your 15yo out there, it might actually turn people away.
or attract people youd rather not...
That too

If i ever had a band I'd probably call it "The Cogs"

I am an extremely chuffed chap at the moment. From the feedback there has been suggestions, but the most helpful is to develop my skill. I guess you are right. I am going to focus on my producing skills and DJing skills and promoting myself etc... I think my name is good and my logo is decent, even if I decide to change it all later on. Seriously, I can' thank you all enough. All the feedback has been suggestive and helpful to how I could be a better Producer/DJ. Thanks again, and don't forget to feel free to check out my soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/theofficialgriefer

Btw i wouldn't put the fact your 15yo out there, it might actually turn people away. Just let your music do the talking, stick with the name and start doing better promotion.
my apartment building number is leet speak for leet...it's 1337 :clown:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:

my apartment building number is leet speak for leet...it's 1337 :clown:
haha thats awesome

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”